A month of hearts and (calorie-free) candy - Feb Check-in Thread - Page 3 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A month of hearts and (calorie-free) candy - Feb Check-in Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:13 AM

No real update here. I guess I am maintaining at 122-125. Why do I always stall just when I start to make progress? I need to be more consistent. Here is to a big push in March. Bikini season is fast upon us!!

I hope everyone is well. Cheers. 

• thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#42 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2926 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:35 AM

I told myself I'd up my calories by 100 a day this week.

I have a going away lunch at work Monday....for me....so I gotta eat.  So now I'm like "well maybe next week if this doesn't make me gain"

Who IS me right now?

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#43 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:01 PM

No real update here. I guess I am maintaining at 122-125. Why do I always stall just when I start to make progress? I need to be more consistent. Here is to a big push in March. Bikini season is fast upon us!!

I hope everyone is well. Cheers. 

Well, it's taken a long while for me, but I finally seem to have quit spinning my wheels! I'm sure it'll happen for you, too, hon! Thankfully, "bikini season" doesn't exist in my world -- no matter how much I weigh, I wouldn't be caught dead in ANY sort of a swimsuit!  :unsure: I bet you look great in a bikini right now! 

I told myself I'd up my calories by 100 a day this week.

I have a going away lunch at work Monday....for me....so I gotta eat.  So now I'm like "well maybe next week if this doesn't make me gain"

Who IS me right now?

I'm sure your lunch won't cause you to gain (other than possible temporary water weight if you eat a lot of sodium), nor would increasing your calories by 100 on a daily basis cause you to gain weight. I hope you'll be able to allow yourself to fully enjoy your lunch!  :) 

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: ???

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#44 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:21 PM

So, my goal for this month was to basically maintain while trying to figure out what will work for me, given my physical limitations. I didn't have an exact weight for the beginning of February because I wasn't weighing very often (it was too depressing!), although I knew I was probably around 125-126 lbs. I wasn't doing much of anything except trying to decrease my fat intake. The first time I weighed myself this month was on the 21st, and I weighed in at 123 lbs. Today, I'm at 121.6 lbs, so I did better than simply maintain, and I think I've actually figured out what will work for me over time, if I'm patient. Anyway, I've lost 6 lbs and 3% body fat since the beginning of January, and that is really encouraging for me! I only have to lose a little less than 2 lbs for my BMI to be back in the 19's! Seeing actual progress is spurring me on. It gives me hope that I can lose this weight, despite my physical limitations.  :) 

• thinstrument likes this

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

#45 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:23 PM

I maintained. Started at 132, zig-zagged a bit and ended up back at 132.

My anger issues are sadly off the chart at this point and my self-harm has escalated to attempted bone breaking. Obviously I'm constantly suicidal but know I must keep trying to outlive my parents and also finish selling off my possessions. I had to take some sick time off of work so I'm worried for my financials.

Had a good month finding fun 1980's clothing at the thrift store so I guess that's kind of one positive thing anyway.

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this
Spoiler

#46 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:44 AM

I maintained. Started at 132, zig-zagged a bit and ended up back at 132.

My anger issues are sadly off the chart at this point and my self-harm has escalated to attempted bone breaking. Obviously I'm constantly suicidal but know I must keep trying to outlive my parents and also finish selling off my possessions. I had to take some sick time off of work so I'm worried for my financials.

Had a good month finding fun 1980's clothing at the thrift store so I guess that's kind of one positive thing anyway.

(((((HUGS))))) Maintaining can be a good thing!  :) I'm sorry you're feeling so badly right now and that your self-harm tendencies have been increasing. I hope that you'll start to feel better soon, hon. Congrats on the thrift finds!  :) 

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

~pics~

#47 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:18 PM

Ok I wanted one final weigh in before my Big Lunch today. Lost 0.5 which makes my BMI 17.4 which matches my full-height low for my life. One more pound to beat it.

Today at work someone asked me if I’d lost weight. I panicked and said I didn’t really pay attention and changed the subject 😂

Also at my Big Lunch I had a steak salad. It did have bacon and avocado...I had dressing on the side. So while it was a big meal I feel like I left room for a lil snack later if I need it.
  • *~pixie angelheart~* and dontreallycare like this

#48 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:23 PM

I love thrifting. Way better for the planet also

#49 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:18 PM

Ok I wanted one final weigh in before my Big Lunch today. Lost 0.5 which makes my BMI 17.4 which matches my full-height low for my life. One more pound to beat it.

Today at work someone asked me if I’d lost weight. I panicked and said I didn’t really pay attention and changed the subject

Also at my Big Lunch I had a steak salad. It did have bacon and avocado...I had dressing on the side. So while it was a big meal I feel like I left room for a lil snack later if I need it.

Congratulations, Thin!  :)

• thinstrument and FatGrandma like this

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

~pics~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users