My weightloss diary (Going from a BMI of 28.9 to 18.5) Join me <3 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My weightloss diary (Going from a BMI of 28.9 to 18.5) Join me <3

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:52 AM

Hey there everyone, this is going to be where I talk about my weightloss journey. What I do, my stats and my feelings.
First let me tell you a little about myself.
All my life, I have always felt like I was fat and hideous! Even though now when I look back at all my highschool photos, I can see how very normal I was.
I never liked that. Being normal. But nevertheless I was always on some kind of diet,I would basically starve myself and then later on rebound and start binge eating and basically gain even more weight than I had lost.
Before last year, I was a healthy 75kgs (I am 180cm tall). You see I have a binge eating problem, but that problem started to spiral out of control last year, with covid, lockdown and to add on top of it all, my parents were getting a divorce after 40 years of marriage, my siblings were a mess and I was a mess. I started eating and eating and eating..
Then I ballooned up to 98.7kg.
DISGUSTING.

Then one day I went out with a few friends, for the first time in a very long time after the lockdown (It was around the end of December 2020), my husband took photos of us and then later the next day he was showing me all the photos he took and I took a look at one photo and basically had to fight back the tears.
I LOOKED HORRIBLE IN THOSE PHOTOS.
I DONT LOOK LIKE IM A 26 YEAR OLD! I LOOK TERRIBLE! My husband always says I look beautiful, but that makes me feel even more guilty. How can he love the way I look when I MYSELF don't love myself and how I look?!!

That's when I started to turn things around for the new year.
I started high restricting. Went down from 98.7kg to 91.7 kg in January.
Then I tried doing Alternate day fasting, which made me gain weight! I would do so well on my fasting days and then I would over eat on my eat days. (My binge eating habits crawling into my diet)
Which had my go back to 92.5kg.

So I'm going to do things a bit differently now.
I seldom exercise, but now, I will force myself to exercise 6 days a week!
I will still do ADF, but instead of water fasting for 36 hours, I will dry fast for 18 hours on my fasting days and then allow myself one 500 calorie meal.

I want to reach my UGW by October 2021. Will be posting everyday, journaling my food intake, my exercise and weighing myself every morning.
Here are my stats so far and my goals.

Updated STATS AFTER HORRIBLE BINGE EPISODE THAT LASTED ALMOST A MONTH

Will be updating here as I go.

SW: 98.7 kg
CW: 92.9 kg (-5.8kg) (updated on 18 April)

GW:95kg ACHIEVED!
Gw1:87 kg (by May 1)
Gw2:80 kg (by June 1)
Gw3:75 kg (by July 1)
Gw4:70 kg (by August 1)
Gw5:65 kg (by September 1)
Gw6:60 kg (by October 1)
  • randomgirl876543 likes this

#2 Jude1981

Jude1981

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:00 AM

Hi!!! Good luck for your journey ❣️
You did so well in January with high restriction, why did you change your plan?

#3 eating.is.a.pain.

eating.is.a.pain.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

Hey I'm aiming to go from a bmi of 26.9 to 17.5 which I've done before. I'm 27 years old. I'm following 💜. And here to chat. I'm doing fasting and omad. I want to reach my gw by August 14th or sooner.
  • Lost&FoundAna likes this

#4 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:42 AM

Hi!!! Good luck for your journey ❣️
You did so well in January with high restriction, why did you change your plan?

Thank you! I actually was in a very bad place mentally and I tend to restrict when I'm not feeling so well, and then just ruin every by rebounding,which I did unfortunately.

But I'm back now, and feeling a bit better. Going back to high restricting. It really is easier to stick with, just slower results.

#5 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:44 AM

Hey I'm aiming to go from a bmi of 26.9 to 17.5 which I've done before. I'm 27 years old. I'm following 💜. And here to chat. I'm doing fasting and omad. I want to reach my gw by August 14th or sooner.

Hey there! Thank you for following ♥️ Feel free to chat whenever and about whatever. Let's do this together! We just need to remember that we can!

#6 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:59 AM

I'm back! It's been a while since I've last updated and let me just fill you in on what I'm doing so far.
I have unfortunately fell off track. I'm still where I am at 92.6kg and I'm no where near my Gw for march first. Partly because I attempted fasting and that unfortunately did not go so well, I kept eating too much to lose any weight, I'm just happy I didn't actually gain any weight.

So, I'm going back to high restricting.
Weightloss is slower, but at least it is consistent.
But from now till end of February, I plan on doing daily cardio. Hopefully this pushes me a little bit closer to my gw.

Good luck to everyone struggling out there mentally or emotionally..I know it takes a toll on you and I know that it affects the way you eat and deal with food, just stay safe ♥️
  • LaFoi likes this

#7 perfectly imperfect

perfectly imperfect

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:17 AM

Can I join in
After recovery I got the heaviest I've ever been
So trying to go from 142lbs to 88lbs ( my lw)
Im 139.9 lbs today
Gw1-115lbs
Gw2- 100lbs
Gw3- 90lbs
Gw 88 or less lbs

Enviado do meu SM-G960F através do Tapatalk

#8 Ayemme

Ayemme

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

Heyy is this thread still active?

I'm 180cm tall and right now I weight 97.7kg I have a Bmi of 30.3 ugh.

It would be cool if someone here is still active

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

#9 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:51 AM

Heyy is this thread still active?

I'm 180cm tall and right now I weight 97.7kg I have a Bmi of 30.3 ugh.

It would be cool if someone here is still active

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

Hey there! I'm still struggling unfortunately.
Would love to have a journey buddy to encourage each other along the way.
What do you say?
I'm going to try to go back on track again!
I haven't seen my family in like a year and half because of covid. I'm planning to travel to them by by mid June if lockdown is not enforced again, but anyway I want to lose A LOT OF WEIGHT before I go back to my home country and see my family and friends again.

I really want everyone to say that I am so skinny now!

What's your motivation?

#10 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM

Can I join in
After recovery I got the heaviest I've ever been
So trying to go from 142lbs to 88lbs ( my lw)
Im 139.9 lbs today
Gw1-115lbs
Gw2- 100lbs
Gw3- 90lbs
Gw 88 or less lbs

Enviado do meu SM-G960F através do Tapatalk

Sure! Let's all do this!

#11 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:18 AM

Monday march 29, 2021

So here I am. Back again. Gained some weight back as well. Hate myself for it so much. Why can't I really commit like I used to?
I mean am I THAT weak? Do I have absolutely NO SELF CONTROL over anything that goes into my body?

I have already had around 2000 calories today and it's only 5pm here!!

I am not going to eat anything from now on till I go to sleep.
Tomorrow I'm doing a water fast to cleanse my system of all the shit that has been going in for over a month now. I need to get my goals straight again and really start achieving them.

I have almost 10 weeks before I have to travel back to my home country for the summer.
I want to have lost at least 10kgs over that period of time and hopefully 15 kgs if I'm being REALLY strict with myself.

As for exercise, I've recently started doing Yoga and I'm going to do at least 30 mins of cardio every day along with that.

Will go back to logging my food intake by the end of every day and recording my weight every morning at 9 AM.

Wish me luck. I won't fall off the wagon this time around! I'm absolutely determined!

#12 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:47 AM

Tuesday 30 March, 2021

Morning weigh-in: 95.3 kg

Good morning all, I'm feeling really motivated today! I'm starting this week with a day of liquid fasting and so far I drank 2 cups of water and a cup of mint tea with Stevia sweetner for a total of 1 calorie.
I thought I'd start by putting mini goals to accomplish today to encourage myself.

1) complete liquid fast and DON'T CHEAT.
2) Do one session of yoga and a minimum of 30 mins of cardio.
3) drink at least 2L of water.

Will be back with updates in the evening as to how the day went. Wish me luck!

#13 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 02:18 AM

Wednesday 31 march,

Morning weigh-in: 93.6 kg (-5.1kg since start)

I'm ecstatic! I know that a lot of what I lost during yesterday's liquid fast might be water weight, but from 95.8 to 93.6 that is ALOT OF WATER WEIGHT I WAS CARRYING AROUND.

I broke my fast this morning with a slice of brown toast, 1 boiled egg, and a slice of low fat cheese for a total of 173 calories.

Today I'm going to drink lots of water and only have a late lunch at maybe 5pm.

Update you guys later!

#14 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 06:33 AM

I'm sorry, but this is going to be a little bit of a rant...

I just feel so tired and over worked.
I have a little three year old girl that I love taking care of. I work from home and I help my girl attend online classes because she is pre-k and she is not old enough to be able to log in to the school portal on her own.

Plus I cook and clean everyday because my husband is a surgeon and is at work a lot of the time.

I'm just tired and feeling down.
Plus the stress of doing all that and running around taking care of everything at once really gets to me and it always ends up in a binge!

I hate the way I look so that makes me feel even more upset with myself.

I love my family and I'm happy and blessed in so many ways, but I just feel like I want a break every now and then.
How do you guys deal with stressful days?

#15 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 10:54 AM

Today's intake out of a total of 1000 calories.

I was so happy I was able to break my fast and not binge today.
So far I had:
A boiled egg for breakfast with a slice of cheese and brown toast.
For lunch I had brown rice cooked with an egg and spicy tuna(weird I know but it's something I've come to like and is low in calories)
I had a cup of lattee made with only half a cup of low fat milk
And 18 pieces of organic baked chips for a snack.
All for a total of 700 calories.

Which leaves me 300 calories for dinner, which I might just skip. That way I can get a larger calorie deficit today.
I did 30 mins of cardio. Just waiting for some free time and hopefully I'll get to do Yoga today as well.

#16 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:17 AM

Thursday, 1 April

Morning weigh-in: 93.5kg (-0.1 kg since last weigh in)

Good morning everyone!

I just want to fill you in on the possible victory/possible disaster that might be this weekend.

So, my husband and I are spending the weekend with a group of friends in a rentable cabin by the beach. Good thing is that it will be a lot of fun because I really do enjoy hanging out with our friends. There will be a lot of activity: swimming, possibly hiking and taking long walks by the beach..so that will help me burn off some extra calories.

Now, the down side...they have literally planned out every meal we're having over the weekend because they had to buy the stuff we'll need before hand because there aren't much convenience stores/super markets nearby there.

And this is what they plan on having.

Day1: we arrive there today at 5-ish PM
So they decided to have a late lunch where they'll BBQ some hot dogs and burgers. Needless to say all the bread buns and sauces they prepared to go along with all that.
My plan: I have been liquid fasting since last night and will continue to do so until we have that one meal.
I'll focus on protein and no carbs. (if they start making me eat I'll just take half a bun or something) but no sauces at all and will load up on green salad.

Day 2:breakfast:they plan on having this major breakfast that includes croissants, eggs, cheese, butter and jam.
My plan: stick to boiled eggs only and green veggies. No bread at all!

Day2: lunch: They want to grill chicken and beef skewers with loads of unhealthy salads on the side. (potato salads, pasta salads..etc)
My plan: stick to protein only and green salad.

Day3: we only get to have breakfast because we leave there at noon. So I'll just do the same as the day before.

Challenge: they have got a lot of SHITTY SNACKS THAT ARE VERY TEMPTING!
Chips, sodas, chocolate and cake!
I really hope I can stop myself and avoid having any of that.
Do you guys have more pointers for me?
Maybe tips on how to go through this trip without having a disastrous binge??

#17 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

Honestly, just enjoy yourself & try not to stress too much.

You sound like you've got a great social life & maintaining those relationships & connections is far more important than a number on a scale - don't be like me, where my eating disorder is basically my job, my family & my only friend combined, lol!

The mantra I always go by is 'nobody can physically pin you to the floor & force feed you (unless you're in the loony bin)' meaning you're ultimately the one in charge of what you eat

Obviously there's etiquette and avoiding hurting a host's feelings, etc which causes us to eat more than we intended, but it's better to stuff yourself & have a fantastic holiday with lots of lovely memories rather than being the weird recluse in the corner, slicing a single grape into tiny pieces who nobody ever invites to anything again because they're a buzzkill (AKA me)

I'd say just have fun, get some physical activity like walking into each day, focus on protein when you eat.

Seeing as there's a BBQ, you could almost do keto/Atkins if you absolutely insist on losing weight - pretty much free reign to eat shedloads of fatty meat, fried eggs, butter, cheese, etc - just no beer, wine, bread or other carbs (spirits like gin & green leafy veg are fine tho)

If you plan on doing keto/Atkins on your holiday, I'd prepare by starting a few days before, just to get the 'keto flu' (kinda like a hangover because your body is switching from burning sugar to burning body fat) out of the way so you don't feel iffy on your break. The thing is, you'd need to continue with keto/Atkins after you get home as the minute you hit the carbs, any weight lost goes right back on.

Ultimately tho, just enjoy your break - these folk love you as you are and want to spend time with you & that's worth way more than a number on a scale - especially after the never-ending shitshow of a pandemic!

xxx

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

Glorificus' Maths Nerd Diet 

(in progress)

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#18 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 03:57 AM

Honestly, just enjoy yourself & try not to stress too much.

You sound like you've got a great social life & maintaining those relationships & connections is far more important than a number on a scale - don't be like me, where my eating disorder is basically my job, my family & my only friend combined, lol!

The mantra I always go by is 'nobody can physically pin you to the floor & force feed you (unless you're in the loony bin)' meaning you're ultimately the one in charge of what you eat

Obviously there's etiquette and avoiding hurting a host's feelings, etc which causes us to eat more than we intended, but it's better to stuff yourself & have a fantastic holiday with lots of lovely memories rather than being the weird recluse in the corner, slicing a single grape into tiny pieces who nobody ever invites to anything again because they're a buzzkill (AKA me)

I'd say just have fun, get some physical activity like walking into each day, focus on protein when you eat.

Seeing as there's a BBQ, you could almost do keto/Atkins if you absolutely insist on losing weight - pretty much free reign to eat shedloads of fatty meat, fried eggs, butter, cheese, etc - just no beer, wine, bread or other carbs (spirits like gin & green leafy veg are fine tho)

If you plan on doing keto/Atkins on your holiday, I'd prepare by starting a few days before, just to get the 'keto flu' (kinda like a hangover because your body is switching from burning sugar to burning body fat) out of the way so you don't feel iffy on your break. The thing is, you'd need to continue with keto/Atkins after you get home as the minute you hit the carbs, any weight lost goes right back on.

Ultimately tho, just enjoy your break - these folk love you as you are and want to spend time with you & that's worth way more than a number on a scale - especially after the never-ending shitshow of a pandemic!

xxx

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I actually did avoid carbs and sugary drinks all together. I ate protein so no one was on my case about not eating.
I did enjoy myself for the most part, but it was always around meal times that I would start panicking to the point where I would excuse myself before mealtime to go to the bathroom, just to breath in and breath out and remind myself that I have a plan and that I need to stick to it.

I'm messed up around food. I've been binging for so long before to the point where I'm scared to be in proximity to food, fearing I won't be able to control myself.

This ED has messed me up.
  • Glorificus likes this

#19 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:01 AM

Wednesday April 14, 2020

Have not weighed in.

So I'm on this challenge nowadays where I won't be weighing myself except on one day per week.
I find that when I don't know how much weight I have lost on each day, it makes me more likely to stick to my meal plan.

I'm currently doing intermittent fasting. Where I fast for 14-18 hours and eat just one meal and one snack before I start my fast again.

I do high intensity cardio the hour before I break my fast, because then I'm sure my body is burning fat for energy.

My next weigh in should be on next Tuesday morning.
Hoping to hit my next goal weight by then!

#20 Lost&FoundAna

Lost&FoundAna

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:20 AM

Thursday 15 April,

Morning weigh-in: 94.1 kg ?!!!

Why did I just gain 0.6 kilograms when all I've done over the past two days is fast?!!

Yesterday I broke my fast on brocolli and mushroom soup. I didn't eat anything afterwards.
And did 30mins of cardio...Why am I not losing weight?

I feel horrible and helpless. Like I'm going to be stuck in this disgusting body forever..

Any ideas guys why this is happening? And what can I do to lose more weight quickly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users