Some opinions on my art? - Media and Art - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Some opinions on my art?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Flora039

Flora039

fucking whora

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationBelgium (:

Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:15 PM

((some compliments would be nice negl lol))

But also just genuine critique? What could i do to improve or what new techniques do u think would help me ? I just feel kinda stuck in my progress idk what else i could try or smth ahahahaf01d7e3e8eccd5032e171af160e75817.jpge5c2a3acf96fa640f02bc6add6591ef2.jpg0121dc7db23a4156b03e060dc9bff710.jpg58df00a3d1d1d61198bdb554982dbfee.jpgf58964128519bde2608434d1933c5571.jpg0bc69ec525e41d334963495ebcd68832.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi A2 Lite met Tapatalk
  • Anamia., Worry Worth and Thermogenesis Evangelion like this

#2 centurionbochra

centurionbochra

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:34 PM

compliments: first of all, you can tell that you practice art a lot and are far above average from the normal person.

critique: nothing, because it appears that you don't quite have a style yet as you are quite young -- your art reminds me of people at your age who have yet to fully bloom (not your fault! first you have to learn by mimicking, then you'll really advance once you have down the basics). since there are no glaring issues with your proportions/understanding of the body, then i would feel bad giving a subjective critique. i think given time for you to develop not just into art, but into who you are as a person/what you are interested and how that art will reflect it -- then, given that time you will have art art :) pay attention to not "perfecting" each piece of art. it's okay, and even great, to sketch sketch sketch. have those lines/mistakes. don't think too hard. 

• hauntao, Hygge., Flora039 and 1 other like this

she/her

excuse my english

h: 165 cm / 5'5"

hw: 140 lb | lw (after puberty): 102.? lb | cw: 102 lb (idk stopped counting since I stopped eating) | gw1: 110 lbs | gw2: 100 lbs

hw: 63.4 kg | lw (after puberty): 46.? kg | cw: 46.? kg | gw1: 50 kg | gw2: 45 kg

bmi: 17.?

cw updated 12/05/21

4p40aSZ.gif

#3 deleted89909

deleted89909

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:06 PM

You've got a really nice sense of proportion and grounded gestures! The ballerina in particular has a very nice sense of flow to the pose. As far as what to practice goes, I'd recommend experimenting with varying line width and values/shading-- drapery studies are a good way to tackle both of those. Any kind of in-depth anatomy studies can also really help to enhance the solid proportional understanding you're working with.

Actively seeking critique is a great attitude to have and will really help you in your art. Keep at it!

• hauntao and Flora039 like this

#4 calidreamer

calidreamer

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 12:25 AM

I think it's really good! You draw bodies very well! :) 

• Flora039 likes this

#5 hwg1411

hwg1411

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 February 2021 - 11:29 AM

these are nice!! i would suggest trying more crazy colors with human figures to make it "pop" ya kno

• Flora039 likes this

HE/HIM

Spoiler

#6 Flora039

Flora039

fucking whora

• Accountability access
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationBelgium (:

Posted 08 February 2021 - 04:07 PM

Thanks everyone ! ((:

#7 Strawberryontop

Strawberryontop

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2766 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:15 AM

I think its good work

• Flora039 likes this
4โ€11
86.6lbs (21.6.21 ) ๐Ÿ˜
Poland ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ

#8 hauntao

hauntao

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1093 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:00 PM

Your proportions on the human figures are great! I love your work. I'd say for trying to draw realistically (if that's what you're going for), maybe work on shading a bit more, your shading is very soft and about the same value, try making your shadows darker in some spots to add some contrast.

• Flora039 likes this

tumblr_p5zxj8aFcQ1r38ho3o2_100.gif

32 yo
INTP
Aqua/Virgo/Cap
she/her

#9 Vanno

Vanno

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:18 PM

I love love love the eye painting. Very well done! You have lots of talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Flora039 likes this

#10 xl7

xl7

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6289 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 01:22 AM

these are good you could add more shadowing 

• Flora039 likes this

#11 hobbit

hobbit

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4061 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:47 PM

I loooove the movement in your ballerina!

One big tip I have for you is to try and focus more on light and dark contrast to create shapes instead of the line. All of your drawings have very harsh lines which makes them look flat. Try thinking of your subject in planes of light and dark, it will help create dimension.

Other that that, keep going! 

• Flora039 likes this

164cm/5'4.5   CW: 48kg/105lbs   LW: 38kg/84lbs   GW: 45kg/100lbs

qYiR9Dq.gif

#12 boppity_boop

boppity_boop

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 09:44 PM

I'm not very educated in drawing, painting, etc. but if you're going for realism maybe try drawing moving fabric or water? I think that would be challenging, trying to show the movement of fabrics with different patterns, weights, materials, etc. I've also heard that water is really hard to draw/animate, so there's my reasoning for that.

Also, if it means anything, I took several screen shots because your art is very pretty and I want to keep it  :)

• Flora039 likes this

You are enough. You are more than enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are. 

#13 palisadesjumper

palisadesjumper

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNJ/NYC

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:57 PM

your art is quite good so here are just some general bits of advice: invest in a good sketchbook! look into gesture drawing! and if you just feel stuck w no idea where to go-- imo a great cure is to look at other people's art and see what inspires u! then figure out how to do it! I've been drawing for ages as a hobbyist and I'm decent if I do say so myself-- so if u have more specific questions feel free to ask and I can do my best to share what I've learned!
  • Flora039 likes this

#14 Flora039

Flora039

fucking whora

• Accountability access
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationBelgium (:

Posted 25 April 2021 - 12:29 PM

I'm not very educated in drawing, painting, etc. but if you're going for realism maybe try drawing moving fabric or water? I think that would be challenging, trying to show the movement of fabrics with different patterns, weights, materials, etc. I've also heard that water is really hard to draw/animate, so there's my reasoning for that.

Also, if it means anything, I took several screen shots because your art is very pretty and I want to keep it :)

Omg u did ? I'm so flatterend lmaooo thank you! And yea thats a really good tip:)

#15 Jamie ะ”ะถะตะนะผะธ

Jamie ะ”ะถะตะนะผะธ

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Locationst petersburg

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:01 PM

good stuff to start with! well done, be proud! 

but !! it looks like in the second one you've blended with your finger (correct me if im wrong) which is just a terrible thing to do and a real sign of an amateur artist. not to worry, the art still looks pretty, but i'd say get rid of that habit as soon as you can. the more practice you do with pencil shading - the quicker you will become good at it, hey? ; )

otherwise, keep practicing! looks promising. maybe i would suggest loosening your linework and making it less-thick , but i think that's more a confidence in art thing than a skill thing, it'll come soon enough. i

• Flora039 likes this

LW: 37kgs

HW: 85.5kgs 

CW: 80.8kgs

Current goal: 75kgs

UGW: 50kgs (subject to change~)

UbkzF8.png

#16 Flora039

Flora039

fucking whora

• Accountability access
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationBelgium (:

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:59 AM

good stuff to start with! well done, be proud!

but !! it looks like in the second one you've blended with your finger (correct me if im wrong) which is just a terrible thing to do and a real sign of an amateur artist. not to worry, the art still looks pretty, but i'd say get rid of that habit as soon as you can. the more practice you do with pencil shading - the quicker you will become good at it, hey? ; )
otherwise, keep practicing! looks promising. maybe i would suggest loosening your linework and making it less-thick , but i think that's more a confidence in art thing than a skill thing, it'll come soon enough. i

Thanks!! I'm planning on buying some more high quality products but my mom has been rly busy lately and i'm s h y lmao

#17 Known2Run

Known2Run

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:18 PM

Challenge: try to compose a piece with just shading, no hard lines.
  • Flora039 likes this
Started at 164.4
CW: 153.6
GW: 145
Gw: 135
GW: 125

#18 Flora039

Flora039

fucking whora

• Accountability access
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationBelgium (:

Posted 15 June 2021 - 04:40 PM

Hahah it's pretty funny (in a good way) how People keep replying to this thread (its def appreciated!!)

I think i've already progressed a lot since february:) less harsh outlines lmaoo idk why i did that

Here are some more recent things i've drawn/painted
29b7bc749902733ddc303f5ffc190678.jpgcab5f1277280bb319182ac861dc00d3c.jpge6946ac280144df1e823ffae1727a0ec.jpg

• Worry Worth likes this

#19 Known2Run

Known2Run

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:48 PM

Looks great!

Hahah it's pretty funny (in a good way) how People keep replying to this thread (its def appreciated!!)
I think i've already progressed a lot since february:) less harsh outlines lmaoo idk why i did that
Here are some more recent things i've drawn/painted29b7bc749902733ddc303f5ffc190678.jpgcab5f1277280bb319182ac861dc00d3c.jpge6946ac280144df1e823ffae1727a0ec.jpg

Started at 164.4
CW: 153.6
GW: 145
Gw: 135
GW: 125

#20 Light_Tuna

Light_Tuna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 02:14 AM

Working artist here! Your work is very good, especially for beginner level, both your original work and your updated. You need to work on looking at how gravity effects things like cloth, and folds in clothing. That will go a long way towards enhancing your art. Next, you artwork lacks a specific light source. Pick an angle for light to hit and shade everything accordingly, one side will be lighter than the others. A good way to practice this is to set up a lamp and put different shaped objects under it and draw and shade the same object with the lamp on a different side each time. Lastly, Practice drawing individual body parts in a BUNCH of different positions. If you can get real people to pose for you in real life, its best, but if you can't there's a ton of resources online. Additionally, try picking up an anatomy book at a second hand store. It will help show you the muscles, bones and tendons under the skin. Your people right now lack real definition in their limbs because you're missing key details that you'd pick up on from drawing from real life or observing with an anatomy lesson. Your proportions look to be pretty spot on, aside from your painting in the updated comment. Her shoulders need to be a little broader for her head size next time. As far as coloring goes, your paintings are well done. I really love the abstract one. Keep experimenting and playing with the colors, they go well together. Something to note: White is never just white, and black is never just black. These colors reflect (white) and absorb (black) the colors around them, so include a little bit of the surrounding colors mixed in to them, i.e., the girl in the white shirt may have some very light shading in the armpit area that was a red color where the red was reflected from her corset. Doing things like this gives your drawings a dynamic feel and adds shape and form really easily. For the colored pencil drawings, try going in tiny, soft circles to get a full coverage effect instead of going in one direction like in the bottom drawing. Thats pretty much all I've got for you. You're putting in effort and getting better. Good Job!!!! Keep it up.

• Flora039 likes this

HW:195

CW:188.0

G1:185

G2:170

G3:155

G4:138

G5:122

UGW:113

Su:1600 M:Fast Tu:800 W: Fast Th: 800 Fri: Fast Sa:1200

I'm tired of having fat girl hands

0 user(s) are reading this topic