What song would you sing at an audition? - Music and Lyrics - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What song would you sing at an audition?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shrinking_blutengel

Shrinking_blutengel

gothic workaholic

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12776 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:44 PM

A person i know asked if If i want to try out for a small musical. The audition would be recorded and sent to them via email and the show would be without any audience. I just need to figure out what to sing on the vocal part of the audition lol. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Chewycactus

Chewycactus

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1486 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:53 PM

You should take the role and your abilities and characteristics into consideration. I don't have enough info on this to make any suggestions.

Generally, it's a good idea to sing a song from the role you're auditioning for. If the role doesn't have a solo, find a song with a similar character.
  • RedDeer likes this

Highest weight: 104 kg/229 lbs

Lowest weight since adulthood: 73 kg/161 lbs

Current weight: 72 kg/158.7 lbs

Process goals: 90/198  | 85/187  80/176  75/165 70/154 65/143 60/132 55/121 50/110

BMI 27.1

Member of The Control Freaks Club 

My accountability

#3 Shrinking_blutengel

Shrinking_blutengel

gothic workaholic

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12776 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 07:05 PM

You should take the role and your abilities and characteristics into consideration. I don't have enough info on this to make any suggestions.

Generally, it's a good idea to sing a song from the role you're auditioning for. If the role doesn't have a solo, find a song with a similar character.

Thank you. They’re kind of making an existing theatre play into a musical so all the songs will be new and written for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Chewycactus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users