Looking much older at low weights - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Looking much older at low weights

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • Locationsitting in the middle, waiting

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:33 AM

The age old problem, your face or your ass?

As soon as I start to feel slightly better about my body and my weight gets lower my face looks really, really old. Suddenly I have bags under my eyes, nasolabial folds start looking bad, cheeks just look a bit saggy. Makeup doesn’t help.

How do you guys deal with it?

I did briefly consider fillers, but they migrate, last a lot longer than previously thought, can’t really be removed easily (I don’t fancy having extra hyaluronidase that might break down some of my own hyaluronic acid), not to mention the cost.
GW: nothing

#2 GothGhoulfriend

GothGhoulfriend

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:47 AM

It's a lot harder to hold onto hydration when your weight is low, I wonder if this is part of it for you? I look like I'm 10 years older if I let myself get dehydrated, but otherwise my face looks ok when I'm underweight.
(I'm not 30+ btw, but mid-20s)
  • Oh Happy Day likes this
F/24/UW
Sodium slut

#3 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1095 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:09 PM

It's a lot harder to hold onto hydration when your weight is low, I wonder if this is part of it for you? I look like I'm 10 years older if I let myself get dehydrated, but otherwise my face looks ok when I'm underweight.
(I'm not 30+ btw, but mid-20s)

Very good point that I had overlooked. I’m early 30s so shouldn’t look THAT old

#4 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:48 AM

31-year-old here. I feel like I do look a bit gaunt in my face which makes me look older. At the same time I have the impression that if I drink too little water my wrinkles appear more pronounced. at the same time people usually assume I'm in my mid-20ies, like alwaysmy dysmorphia certainly clouds my judgement.

I have thought about trying Botox though yet I really like my face and wouldn't want to mess it up. Idk...

my stats, accountability thread and thinspiration 

Spoiler

FtGE.gif

...being a loving partner...

wdxpp1.png

fingers crossed 

#5 sleepingfairy

sleepingfairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

I always think I look older (and have done since my early twenties), but not sure if I actually do. People don't think I look my age, but it's not like I get carded anymore or anything (age 39). I do get yearly hyaluronic acid filler (1ml) using the 3-point lift technique, which I think helps support my facial bone structure and slightly softens some of my old acne scars. But I wouldn't say it takes 10 years off or anything, just helps keeps the shape and balance, with a little extra volume.

#6 SkinnyDayDreaming

SkinnyDayDreaming

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:08 PM

For awhile I was taking collagen supplements. Supposedly that is the best way to restore hydration from within your skin. I think I noticed a difference...? I was also using hylauronic acid serum, moisturizer, retinol and witch hazel. Still using the moisturizer and witch hazel. There is a definite difference in my skin when I don’t use it.

----------

GW: X

----------

#7 sacrosanctmoth

sacrosanctmoth

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:43 PM

Same here! I’m 32 and just have to be really religious with skincare and hydration every day. I’m considering some kind of fillers when I get to my next gw. Any recommendations from you fellow ladies? Before 30 it was all so much easier for the face. I also use led mask and microcurrent facial toner every day. It’s time consuming but my face is not so gaunt with this regime. I used to take collagen supplements too but then they suddenly began making me nauseous even when I tried many different brands. People still assume I’m younger than I am and I get carded every time I buy alcohol but I’m 155cm so that might be it.

#8 gossamer_wings

gossamer_wings

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:07 AM

Omg I've been obsessing over this lately. I never had the nasolabial lines before and I hate it! I'm just throwing all the products at my face and getting my gallon of water every day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • Oh Happy Day and Appletun like this

#9 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1095 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:23 PM

Omg I've been obsessing over this lately. I never had the nasolabial lines before and I hate it! I'm just throwing all the products at my face and getting my gallon of water every day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

same! I never had these fucking folds before, where did they come from??

#10 ifuseekbby

ifuseekbby

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

Losing weight at a slower or reasonable pace may help with not losing it in your face too fast... I'm trying to avoid fillers as well because I don't like the aesthetic of them and it's easy for your face to look deformed or aged.  I'm thinking of a famous YouTuber who was originally beautiful but ruined her face and looks like an old muppet in her early to mid 30s now. :(

#11 hummocado

hummocado

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:28 AM

Noticing my gaunt face looks older too! I used to think my face was too fat, now I could fill it more in a few places!
Skincare, skincare, skincare. And also gaining weight but I know that’s a can of worms.
This is the stuff I see a noticeable difference with:
Retinols are the only topicals known to actually reduce wrinkles long term. Get a prescription if you can. Websites like Dear Brightly make it easy.
Hyaluronic acid will make your moisturizer go 10x farther because it grabs water
Vitamin C (get a high concentration or it’s pointless) helps brighten dark circles and dull skin a bit, not a miracle
  • gossamer_wings likes this
Anorexia binge/purge type
5’4 CW: 91 lb, 15.6 BMI

HW: 120 lb, 20.6 BMI
LW: 80 lb, 13.7 BMI
GW: recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users