PICA - Has anyone else experienced this? - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

PICA - Has anyone else experienced this?

Pica Ana Mia ED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greentea.xo

greentea.xo

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 February 2021 - 03:27 PM

Did/does anyone have PICA and with what? Did you ever receive treatment for it psychologically?

I currently am not suffering with PICA. But, for a decade I did. I was diagnosed with PICA and it was believed that due to my abandonment issues with my mum it caused me to attach onto something that was always there.... cotton/clothes. I would eat t-shirts and have blockages in my stomach, it was horrible. 

PICA can worsen for those with anaemia, causing individuals to crave even more non-food items. It can also occur in those with learning difficulties e.g. autism

I've only ever met one first with PICA (they ate wall pieces) because they were pregnant. 

#2 InkedRavensofDespair

InkedRavensofDespair

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIn my room

Posted 14 February 2021 - 11:13 AM

yo, I have pica! It could def be caused by anemia, I eat scabs (gross I know) and the behavior gets much worse when I'm restricting. 

In order to get help for it I would need to tell my parents that I eat scabs,,, so that's prob not going to happen anytime soon! 

How did you overcome your PICA? Through therapy? 

~ stats ~

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pica, Ana, Mia, ED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users