Thing's that triggered you today? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Thing's that triggered you today?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 lavenderloves

lavenderloves

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:20 PM

Could be something you saw or heard on a show, could be a person or image. Really anything

For me today, I was watching someone on a show get a tattoo on her back. She obviously didn't have her shirt or bra on but was wearing jeans with the belt a little to tight; causing her to have a VERY SMALL muffin top.

Another tattoo artist came in, and said to the girl after looking at the tat and said "roses? You might want to lose some of that waist if you want the flowers to actually be beautiful instead of stretched out. Just doesn't look right. You sure you don't want something else?"

the thorn bushes

#2 clueless¿

clueless¿

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1711 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:29 PM

LOL when i was binging on a whole bucket of kfc chicken (wtf cravings ¿) in front of my family because i don’t give a single fuck anymore, and they were happy i was eating because apparently i never eat and i’m getting too skinny (when i’m still fat ha). tbh just goes to show how skewed people’s perceptions of underweight bodies are bc im in no way thin, but anyways it kinda reinforced the idea in my head that only fat people eat and truly skinny people live on air or some shit because that totally makes sense. at least i stopped stuffing my face lmao

i don't know why i do this

#3 petisa

petisa

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:06 PM

my mom constantly saying she forgot or forgets to eat all day/she hasnt ate until its like 10 pm and also how she always talks about how small she was when she was younger from gymnastics
  • 2BeThinEnough likes this

#4 blckcoldbrew

blckcoldbrew

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:27 AM

On the selfies forum someone posted a picture of this social media famous girl I’m adjacent too (grew up in the same place, have irl and online mutuals, friends that personally know her went to school with her) and although we’ve never met now I have to be skinnier than her bc everyone in that forum guessed she was a 15 bmi. i wish i never saw that picture of her

#5 bones_are_beautiful19

bones_are_beautiful19

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:22 AM

this middle age women at the supermarket i saw who had a very ana shopping basket (veggies, green tea, gum etc) and she was v v thin and gave me this hugely judgemental look as i was picking up a block of dark chocolate
  • oatmealkweeen likes this

#6 hot beverage

hot beverage

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 05:08 AM

I didn't feel hungry today and it makes me feel like a failure

• Maps1331 likes this

#7 Blankdream

Blankdream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:45 AM

I was at hospital yesterday so i couldnt workout. And my doctor said the amount of weight i lost wouldnt have impact on my chest pain. That was my motivation to eat less and workout today. Other than that i feel fat eventhough scale says i am still losing. Cant see it from the mirror

#8 Breakbreastbone

Breakbreastbone

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:53 AM

Could be something you saw or heard on a show, could be a person or image. Really anything

For me today, I was watching someone on a show get a tattoo on her back. She obviously didn't have her shirt or bra on but was wearing jeans with the belt a little to tight; causing her to have a VERY SMALL muffin top.

Another tattoo artist came in, and said to the girl after looking at the tat and said "roses? You might want to lose some of that waist if you want the flowers to actually be beautiful instead of stretched out. Just doesn't look right. You sure you don't want something else?"

Thats brutal

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
  • fleur! likes this

#9 ANAtomist

ANAtomist

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts
  • LocationIn a mortuary next to an autopsy table OR climbing beyond octaves written by Rachmaninov and Paganini OR cracking the Da Vinci code

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:57 AM

Reading my notebook full of quotes written down of people saying triggering things to me

168cm (damn scoliosis)

Post-IP: 53kg | BMI: 18.77

HW: 49kg | BMI: 17.36  

LW: 32kg | BMI: 11.58

CW: 38kg | BMI: 13.46

GW: 🪶 or death probably

AN - r

#10 bythestreams

bythestreams

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 05:24 PM

Waking up and realizing I'm still fucking huge.
  • 2BeThinEnough likes this

#11 alwayssunny

alwayssunny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2021 - 05:26 PM

Told my coworker I’ve lost almost 30 lbs and they said “no you didn’t” and looked me up and down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
𝕙: 5’4 𝕙𝕨: 185 𝕝𝕨: 92 𝕔𝕨: 155 𝕘𝕨: 130 𝕦𝕘𝕨: 98

#12 Fallingfast21

Fallingfast21

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:05 PM

So I saw my mum for the first time this year today and she said several times how good I look since I've lost weight. I've lost 11kg since Christmas (last time I saw her) and I'm now 42.3kgs (I'm 155cm or 5ft). She has no idea about my ED but my whole life she's been obsessed with weight and dieting and making me do the same stuff as her etc. On one hand I'm glad she is pleased, but on the other it hurts that everything it took to get to this point means nothing and that I'm still not "skinny" enough (she definitely wasn't concerned about me losing more weight). Now I really don't feel like I'll ever be able to stop 😔

#13 oh.wow.lovely...

oh.wow.lovely...

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:01 PM

what kind of MOTHERFUCKER would say that 

I hate people

• 2BeThinEnough and fleur! like this

tumblr_mt5cwpMsN71sooqfjo1_500.gif

#14 ♥ RaveBunny ♥

♥ RaveBunny ♥

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:08 PM

Shopping around at dolls kill, the models on their website are so perfect...
~ Mint Tea & LSD  ~

#15 beetle

beetle

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:14 PM

i went through my entire insta from start to finish and got to see the journey of my weight in pictures over the last seven years.
... i don't recommend it.
did find some of my old corset vids and pictures though, got my waist cinched down to 21", and now i want that again badly.

"did you hear me, butterfly? miles to go before you sleep."

accountability
body checks

h: 5'0"
sw: 121
cw: 95
gw: 115 | 110 | 105 | 100 | 95 | 90 | 85
ugw: 80

#16 down.d.rabbithole

down.d.rabbithole

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:28 AM

I've had more of an appetite this week and the fact that I haven't been able to be entirely particular about what I eat.... the weight I gained, the weight I should have lost by now/weight I feel I have to lose until I'm worth getting real help

tumblr_msrtzszKUS1sd4lxgo6_500.gif

#17 starvingartistx

starvingartistx

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:03 AM

I came up with a really great (sarcasm) idea of photographing myself wearing various items of clothing, so I could try and sell them online...But then I realised instantly after looking at all the photos how fat and gross I actually am (for some reason, I had thought that I was somewhat skinny) and how disgusting the clothes looked on me. Had a near breakdown and wanted to scream and slice all the fat off my body.. So here I am on this website again  :rolleyes:  

17 ~ they/she 

Height: 156cm

CW: 42kg (BMI 17.3)

LW: 37.5kg

45   44   43   42    41   40   39   38   37   36   35   34   33   

I wish my weight was as low as my self esteem 

#18 Puss in boots

Puss in boots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:35 AM

Finding out my partners ex-wife now weighs 5 kgs (10 pounds?) less then my LW and he’s saying how tiny she looks

#19 Tinkerbell_love_123

Tinkerbell_love_123

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:08 AM

So I saw my mum for the first time this year today and she said several times how good I look since I've lost weight. I've lost 11kg since Christmas (last time I saw her) and I'm now 42.3kgs (I'm 155cm or 5ft). She has no idea about my ED but my whole life she's been obsessed with weight and dieting and making me do the same stuff as her etc. On one hand I'm glad she is pleased, but on the other it hurts that everything it took to get to this point means nothing and that I'm still not "skinny" enough (she definitely wasn't concerned about me losing more weight). Now I really don't feel like I'll ever be able to stop 😔

Ah I feel that. My mum said I looked great at christmas this year, after losing weight. Like she isn't concerned at all about me losing weight. Not sure how much I would have to lose for her to be be concerned. Weight loss is just really considered positiv in my family and sometimes it triggers me more.
  • .Lolita. likes this
164cm / 5'4

HW: 67kg (BMI 24.9)
CW: 52.2kg (BMI 19.4)
GW: 50kg (BMI 18.6)
UGW: 48.5kg (BMI 18)

My body checks https://www.myproana.../#entry74929135

My accountability: https://www.myproana...5#entry74953025

#20 BetaDecay

BetaDecay

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:17 AM

Closing my eyes tight and being filled with dread and then bewildered misery as the number goes up on the scale every morning for the past 19 days despite consuming absolutely nothing apart from plain water, a single (21kcal) miso sachet for sodium, 500ml of pure coconut water for potassium (18kcal/100ml) and 4 sugar free multi vitamin supplements (20kcal/5each)

That is it per day. No cheating, no eating, no hidden calories. 131 calories. Every day my weight is a little higher and it’s torturing me. I feel utterly betrayed.

I am not an idiot. I understand that it is mathematically impossible for it to be fat-gain. Physics and the laws of thermodynamics preclude it.
I’m a scientist for god sake, I understand that it can only be glycogen stores or water retention from the salts but 19 days of gaining. 19. In a row.

My absolute faith in science and maths and iron willpower is all that’s tethering me to sanity rn, because my veneer of calm, rational woman of logic is cracking. And trust me, no-one, absolutely no-one wants to be near when a particle physicist has a meltdown.

We are not people who crack. We are not allowed to crack.

*Breathes deeply.

I’m going to go do some origami now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2BeThinEnough, hairsofstromkirk and arielf like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users