Challenge/Diet friends? - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Challenge/Diet friends?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:50 PM

Lately I’ve been having a very hard time sticking to my calorie limit. I just saw a picture someone took of me yesterday and I can’t even look at myself.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a challenge or a diet with me?

Shock everyone - make it happen.

#2 blissfultomorrows

blissfultomorrows

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationWanting to break out of here

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:01 PM

Sure! Depends on which one though. I got out of resi like a month ago and I swear my hunger cues are still so messed up and I went from low restricting to not being able to stop eating!

CW: too damn high

HW:156

LW:117

GW 1: 125

GW 2: 115

GW 3: 99

UGW: 84

Height: 5'3. 75

My Accountability (Skinny Girl Diet- 11/30/2020)

#3 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:02 PM

I'm interested! I've been binging a lot this month and doing a challenge with someone might snap me out of it. What kind of challenge/diet did you want to do?

HW:69,5 kg

CW:-

GW1:64,0 kg 

GW2:62,0 kg 

💜 GW3:60,0 kg 💜

GW4:58,0 kg

GW5:56,0 kg

GW6:55,0 kg

💜 UGW:53,0 kg 💜

Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place.

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#4 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:12 PM

I’m pretty open to ideas - we could do one of the more common diets, or if we want something more creative I saw this challenge a few months back -
each morning you pick a card from a deck of cards. The number is how many calories you have for the day (ex 4 is 400, all picture cards are 1,000)

#5 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:20 PM

Something more long term based usually works better for me, like a weekly calorie limit instead of a different limit every day. What type of common diets were you thinking of?

Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place.

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#6 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:56 PM

Maybe a slightly modified ABC diet? Or a daily/weekly calorie limit, or only healthy foods. Intermittent fasting? Truthfully I’m pretty open

#7 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:41 AM

Have you heard if the ‘fix it fast diet’? It’s 10 days long and pretty extreme, we could do a modified version of that or try the normal version?

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#8 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationWasting my time

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:11 PM

I'd also be on board for this, my binge eating has been unreal lately! Today has been my first decent day in I don't know how many.

:wub:

#9 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, I’d be in. What does that diet look like?

#10 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:08 AM

2883cdd7fb04a869d3a86e982d9bd41e.jpg

I've seen a few people on here do it before, and I'd love to try it to stop binging and end the month well if you're all up for it!  :)

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#11 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:14 PM

I’m in! Although I may need to modify it slightly because I work 10 hours so fasting is hard. Also I think if I want to really try to stop binging, I can’t go right to fasting.
I’m thinking I might start with a little higher calorie limit and then after 10 days do it again with lower calorie limits.

So my first week might be:
Day 1 - 300
Day 2 - 500
Day 3 - 550
Day 4 - 600
Day 5 - 650
Day 6 - 700
Day 7 - 750
Day 8 - 800
Day 9 - 700
Day 10 - 800

And the second round I’ll do
Day 1 - 100
Day 2 - 300
Day 3 - 350
Day 4 - 400
Day 5 - 450
Day 6 - 500
Day 7 - 550
Day 8 - 600
Day 9 - 500
Day 10 - 600

Then the third round I will do it the way it’s supposed to be

#12 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:59 PM

That’s okay! Whatever works best for you is fine. I’ll try to stick the original version and probably do one round.

When did you want to start? I was planning on fasting today already so I can make today (Saturday) my day 1.

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#13 ChocoNat

ChocoNat

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:41 AM

Will try to join you both !

• Dollhouse Cat likes this

#14 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

Will try to join you both !

Sounds good! Does starting today work for you?
  • ChocoNat likes this

#15 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:19 PM

How’d it go today for you guys?

#16 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:55 AM

I completed my fast for day 1 and it went really well! I’m going to head to the store to buy some vegetables I can cook for today. :)

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#17 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:11 AM

Good job! If you exercise do you subtract that from your daily total calories normally?

#18 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:37 AM

I usually don’t. I always worry it’s not accurate and just count what I eat without subtracting anything. To be honest I don’t exercise a lot, I walk a lot or dance and while I keep track of what it approximately burns I don’t subtract it from my total of the day.

Did your first day of the diet go well?

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#19 ChocoNat

ChocoNat

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:53 AM

For some reasons, I couldn't see my notification before ! It also went really well for me too. I don't count the calories when I workout because I don't know how much I burn, but I also don't exercize on days I fast. I'm also stuck at home online working only so I'm very low there too anyway

#20 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:13 PM

So I didn’t binge today but I didn’t stick to my goal number. Instead of beating myself up too badly, I’m going to switch today out with another day .

How’d day 2 go for you guys?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users