Challenge/Diet friends? - Page 2 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Challenge/Diet friends?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:58 AM

If you switch a day the total amount stays the same in the end so it shouldn't matter in the long run, don't worry too much! 

My second day went okay! I stayed below 200 calories by just boiling a lot of vegetables with a little bit of low calorie sauce. :) For today I was planning to make turnip noodles with some tomato sauce, I'm basically doing OMAD because I think it helps with cravings for me to have one satisfying meal. 

HW:69,5 kg

CW:-

GW1:64,0 kg 

GW2:62,0 kg 

πŸ’œ GW3:60,0 kg πŸ’œ

GW4:58,0 kg

GW5:56,0 kg

GW6:55,0 kg

πŸ’œ UGW:53,0 kg πŸ’œ

Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place.

Hearts for April:

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

#22 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:14 PM

That makes sense. What kind of low calorie sauce did you use with the veggies? I am trying to find some under 300 calories dinner ideas if you guys have any?

Shock everyone - make it happen.

#23 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:47 AM

Yesterday I made zucchini noodles with the lowest calorie store bought pasta sauce I could find and my portion was 115 calories so maybe you could do something like that? As for the sauce I used on the first day, I bought some gravy packets from the store (they have a light version that’s around 90 calories per serving) so my meal had 104 calories in mixed vegetables and stayed under 200 in total.

I completed day 3 and I still feel okay so far. I had the energy to go running and I didn’t feel too sluggish so I actually enjoyed it. :) How did your day 3 go? For today I’m planning to eat all kinds of fruits instead of just vegetables.

Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place.

Hearts for April:

#24 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:12 AM

I messed up day 3 bad. I don’t know why I feel like I have no self discipline. I had so much before I went into treatment a few years ago and then it just disappeared. Any suggestions on how to stay in control? I am going to get into a better mindset for today.

I’m not sure where you live but the main grocery store by me has this prepackaged meal of zucchini noodles and pesto sauce. All you have to do is microwave it and it comes out to around 120 calories.

I love fruit - I think it’s a good idea to mix it up a little with the vegetables. Congrats on doing so well so far!
  • Dollhouse Cat likes this

#25 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

I messed up day 3 bad. I don’t know why I feel like I have no self discipline. I had so much before I went into treatment a few years ago and then it just disappeared. Any suggestions on how to stay in control? I am going to get into a better mindset for today.

I’m not sure where you live but the main grocery store by me has this prepackaged meal of zucchini noodles and pesto sauce. All you have to do is microwave it and it comes out to around 120 calories.

I love fruit - I think it’s a good idea to mix it up a little with the vegetables. Congrats on doing so well so far!

I was binging almost every day this month and then once I started this diet with you I kinda snapped out of it? I also have no clue how that works but I think it also helps that I've been less stressed lately. I'm sorry I don't have suggestions on how to stay in control, maybe try to reduce stress if you tend to eat as a coping mechanism? I can restrict way better when I'm not constantly stressed out. :/

I hope today goes better for you!

Hearts for April:

#26 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:55 PM

Hey!!

I completed day 4, then binged today on day 5...

It wasn't as bad of a binge as I've had the rest of the month but it still sucks, however, I'll still continue the diet and try to finish it. I had lost 3,2 kg so far, and while I know tomorrow I'll probably have gained a bit I should be back on track and continue to lose after tomorrow. 

Hope you're still doing well!!

Hearts for April:

#27 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationWasting my time

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:26 PM

Hey! Sorry for vanishing. Are you guys still doing this?

I was hoping to start tomorrow and post my progress here if that's okay! 

It's very difficult for me to completely fast since I don't live alone so I was thinking of 2468 or something for me.

:wub:

#28 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:50 PM

Hey! Sorry I’ve been MiA, I lost Internet access. I’m starting fresh tomorrow and I’m going to make myself report here every day for accountability. @crowfeather - I’m not able to do a complete fast either so if you find another diet you want to do let me know! Otherwise I’m going to restart this one tomorrow

Day 1 - 300
Day 2 - 500
Day 3 - 550
Day 4 - 600
Day 5 - 650
Day 6 - 700
Day 7 - 750
Day 8 - 800
Day 9 - 700
Day 10 - 800

@dollhousecat - you’ve been having really great discipline! The binge sucks but you’ve still losing so you can totally make it up.
  • Dollhouse Cat likes this

#29 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:05 PM

I like the look of yours! If you don’t mind I’ll start that with you tomorrow! (: Had a decent day yesterday, stayed under 1k so I think I can handle this.

#30 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:23 AM

Hey! Sorry I’ve been MiA, I lost Internet access. I’m starting fresh tomorrow and I’m going to make myself report here every day for accountability. @crowfeather - I’m not able to do a complete fast either so if you find another diet you want to do let me know! Otherwise I’m going to restart this one tomorrow

Day 1 - 300
Day 2 - 500
Day 3 - 550
Day 4 - 600
Day 5 - 650
Day 6 - 700
Day 7 - 750
Day 8 - 800
Day 9 - 700
Day 10 - 800

@dollhousecat - you’ve been having really great discipline! The binge sucks but you’ve still losing so you can totally make it up.

I ended up not following the diet for the other half of the days. I started the 31K challenge for this month since it really helped me stop binging in January, so I won't be doing another diet soon :/

I hope your diet goes well though!!

Hearts for April:

#31 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:41 PM

I like the look of yours! If you don’t mind I’ll start that with you tomorrow! (: Had a decent day yesterday, stayed under 1k so I think I can handle this.

Definitely join!

#32 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

Definitely join!

Okay! Finally decided on HSGD. Most doable for me, maybe a little weak but that's me right now, lol. Anyway I'm still going to post my daily intake here so I can follow your progress too. :) Good luck! 

#33 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:21 PM

Okay! Day 1: 825 / 900

#34 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:32 PM

Day 1 - 985
Not great but not a binge, so I’ll take it.
  • Appletun likes this

#35 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:42 PM

Today was 1055. I was doing great until my husband cooked dinner. He always insists on huge portions.

#36 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:10 AM

I feel you there... instead of dinner for two it’s more like dinner for four here. I’ve been the one cooking lately tho so I’ve been measuring out my portions, he still eats more than I do but we definitely aren’t as bad as we used to be.

Day 2: 705 / 800
30m stationary bike

#37 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:33 AM

Day 3: 900/900
Cut it close cause I had to use a little oil to cook my basil dumplings in...

#38 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:51 PM

Ok, I was on vacation this weekend and completely screwed up. I’m getting back on track tomorrow

#39 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:30 AM

Lol same... except I wasn’t on vacation so that makes it worse somehow! 😝

#40 Less_is_more

Less_is_more

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:06 AM

Lol. We need to figure out a better way to stay motivated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users