How did your feelings change as you got older? - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How did your feelings change as you got older?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Izroion

Izroion

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:11 PM

I'm still a teenager, with no plans on having children any time soon. But I got to thinking, when I was younger (even up to last yearish) I thought I never wanted kids. I was sure that it was not going to happen. But more recently I've sort of done a 180, I love being around kids and I'm super excited for my coworker (and good freind) to have her baby so I can fawn over him lmao Even when I watch shows now I get weirdly upset when there are bad or neglectful parents shown. Like it's a movie, I need to calm down. I was wondering how everyone's views on children have changed as they've gotten older, and if you've had children, if you want more?

"Perhaps someone will find my point within the eloquent nonsense"
"We are the sickness that plagues the earth"

HW: 170.4 (God)
Lw: 156
CW: 170.4 (June 13)
GW 1: 155
Gw 2: 150
Gw 3:145
UGW: 96 (BMI 17) 

#2 _PrettyWings_

_PrettyWings_

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:59 PM

I never wanted children until I was 24 & saw a pregnant woman's husband touching her belly to feel the baby kick. It just sparked something in me. Since then I've had 2 kids ( 1 boy, 1 girl) My husband wants another but two is the perfect amount for me so I don't plan on having more.
  • mochroi and Izroion like this

#3 noaudience

noaudience

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:55 AM

I really wanted kids in my mid teens...not as a teenager obviously, but when I grew up. As I got older I realized how much responsibility they require - not just looking after THEM, but looking after yourself and being in control of your mental health. This was a constant struggle for me and kind of turned me more toward ambivalence toward children. Too hard to give up the ED. But, my husband really wanted kids...so he really helped to support me and we are expecting our first soon. I'm not sure what the future will hold, but I consider myself blessed with this child, especially in lieu of how I've treated my body over the years. I hope to be a positive role model for him.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Height: 5'6

HW - 150

LW - 89

CW - 105.4

GW1 - 130

GW1 - 120

GW2 - 110

GW3 - 100

GW4 - 90

UGW - 80

#4 GrungeBarbie

GrungeBarbie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:45 AM

I never wanted kids. I didn’t not want kids either, just hadn’t thought much of it. Then after the first baby, I wanted more and ended up with 7 kids.

#5 starshapes

starshapes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:37 PM

I didn't have a huge want for kids but I DID plan on having them "in my 30's" lolllllllll how silly of me. I got pregnant oopsie at 21 and was going to have an abortion but changed my mind. Then I popped a few more out (mostly cause of my own trauma from being an only child, I refused to only have 1 kid.) and now I'm "in my 30's" and totally done having babies yay! 

#6 ૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

tiny fairy

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3065 posts
  • Location𝐁𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:44 PM

i want to adopt

i think kiddos are adorable

i'm adopting the oldest kid in the adoption pool, and a little girl (like maybe age 6-10???)

babies r too much work n if the kids are older maybe i wont b ancient when they grow up 

and i'm not destroying my body to give birth SOOOOOOO

adoption it is :]]

but not now

after i get married to some super rich person who'll spoil me rotten and i'll adore forever (obvs, one-sided love is bleh) and quit my therapist job; i wanna be a stay-at-home mom who does cute stuff with her kids like yknow cookie baking and family outings and togetherness and yknow. i wanna be the cool sweet young pretty mom and raise two kids and do my best to raise them well and just. have that kinda perfect family lol obvs ik it won't be PERFECT perfect but. yeah. wow i sound so cheesy

this is so offtopic LMFAO b/c i already know i want kids but. sorry OP sjsjs

original.gif

773427w34lc9wivu.gif

#7 notslimkindashady

notslimkindashady

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:41 PM

I was meh about having kids. I would have been fine either way tbh. Husband wanted them so I agreed to try and boom...twins. I will definitely say that the older they get the more fun they are!

#8 BigReader

BigReader

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:26 AM

I never wanted children and was told I couldn’t have them. Got unexpectedly pregnant at 26 and now love being a mum, even though I thought I’d be so terrible at it my kid is well adjusted and clever and kind which some of which is down to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users