How did you get fat? - Page 2 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How did you get fat?

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#21 Amiral

Amiral

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Locationin a dirty puddle

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:39 AM

Yoyoing, convincing myself i understand CICO while not counting calories/underestimating and not excersising to actually get to the "calories out" part of it.

Ive realized it needs to be part of my lifestyle for me, it doesnt work with only "wanting to be skinny" as a reason i guess.

• Minky31 and snowflake1 like this

#22 Indecisive45

Indecisive45

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:41 AM

First time- basically convinced myself I have a problem which made it impossible for me to lose weight, and which i did but it wasn’t IMPOSSIBLE , gave up and ate whatever the fuck i wanted whenever i wanted however much i wanted

This time- full blown BED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 Miranda_Binge_Angel

Miranda_Binge_Angel

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationA small, nonmagical corner of Ohio

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:47 AM

My parents never told me no when I was younger... I have obese parents and whenever I was sad instead of taking care of me they gave me treats, cakes, etc. Now Im atoning for those sins. Unfortunately is caused me to go through a long period of BED and now Ana. I still have so much to lose.

ED Buddies contact [email protected] 

Tumblr-nicotineandselfhatred 

SW-144

CW-141

GW-130

UGW-126

#24 Madladki

Madladki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:22 AM

Long story short, I started recovery and in the beginning, it was all sunshine and butterflies. But then I got above 40kg and shit hit the fan. I avoided therapy, stayed home all day, skipped college like 3 days a week, didn't attend my sem exam and binged my way to my heighest weight. I would start over every week try to low restrict and go to college. And by Wednesday I'd be too tired(I had to travel two hours from and to college because I refused to stay at dorm). Then I discontinued my course for a year and didn't leave home for months, restricting and binging like crazy. I got to 55-56kg(I'm like 5ft). Man, that was hell of a time

#25 Wrennie

Wrennie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:39 AM

For me it happened as a result of being sectioned against my will after a very severe suicide attempt. The psych ward I was imprisoned in gave us literally *nothing* to do to occupy our time. The only things I had to look forward to as a temporary respite from my boredom were the meals and snacks... Needless to say, with no means of weighing myself to make sure things hadn’t gotten out of hand I ended up putting on a whopping 30 pounds within my 4 week stay there.

#26 mossedup

mossedup

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3523 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

quitting purging at the same time as i got and office job and a disposable income. less physical activity and not purging plus money for all the binge food i could get my hands on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • W0W likes this

#27 Omgyoulookgreat

Omgyoulookgreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:51 AM

I was a chubby kid and my dad used to make me exercise for punishment for anything that I did wrong. So like if my sister and I got in a fight and hit each other, my sister would get a timeout for punishment and I would be forced to do 100 sit ups. This, paired with bullying both in school and at ballet classes, made me form a toxic relationship with both food and exercise. I can’t exercise around men, especially my dad, and don’t like exercising with anyone I know around me. I also used to bounce between binging and restricting so gained a lot. Now I’m 22, 115kg and only just being able to eat in front of others without extreme anxiety (sometimes lol) and exercise at a girls-only gym in the quietest times!
  • Minky31 and Caffeine_Princess like this

#28 pollygone

pollygone

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:55 AM

Having ptsd and health issues meant that I was in bed for several years and now I can’t walk far but I’m determined to put my weight issues right
  • snowflake1 likes this

#29 cheniexrain

cheniexrain

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:01 AM

Depression and self hatred. I ate to feel a pleasure I didn't get from reality. Simple.
  • MaryAg333 and Attebasile like this

#30 twistedinside

twistedinside

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:11 PM

Trauma--- After my whole world crashed and burned I stopped giving a fuck. The first week alone any 'bad food' any 'high calorie' shit was bought and stuffed in my face. I've been ED focused since I was 11, Im 29 ---- so years of me convincing myself I hate bagels and pastas and carbs and literally conditioning myself to find it disgusting so I don't crave it. Telling myself that I don't like sweets to avoid temptations. Convincing others that I'm allergic to certain foods..... and then when my life came tumbling down I order every fast food thing to my house. Every thing I would never put in my body. Because I didn't care. Because why did it matter. Everything was pointless and everyone I loved died and there was nothing left for me......

Well over 90 bs later I'm not over the trauma part but I'm over the massive obesity part... 

I think part of my ED was that it gave me someone to look forward to. Like rules that make feel accomplished. It made me feel a sense of control yes, but it made me (not always but sometimes) made me feel I worth something... even though my ED voice is clearly telling me lies... 

Also when I recovered from bulimia as a teenager and I went into full BED mode but than I lost all that weight 

Yeah so I have relapsed so many times I can't count. So which time do you want because I got many a stories LOL LOL LOL 

"I can't open up and cry.  Cause I've been silent all my life" - Marina and the Diamonds. 

Update 2/14/2021 So I fucked up again because I'm a fuck up

HW 328 CW 319 New Goal 315 
 (2021) 

(2019) HW- 315. CW- 259  NEXT GOAL - 249

kik: imminentnightmare 

(no longer this one shattereddove) 

My Accountability   https://www.myproana...nning-on-empty/

Mary-Kate-Olsen-Ashley-Olsen-sat-togethe

6purehell.gif?itok=A8jTJ2Po

46vKqFS.gif

#31 W0W

W0W

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:06 PM

It was bulimia for me. I thought purging was a nice undo but it just made me walk into more situations where I would need the undo but sadly it was clearly not a 100% undo lmao
  • Liskov, Minky31 and s7vnth like this

tumblr_osj7nvi0cn1qlq3doo8_400_zpsmvrvhx

#32 Caffeine_Princess

Caffeine_Princess

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:11 PM

TW !!. I had gotten pregnant, and was basically coheresd by my mom into getting an abortion. Also pretty much everyone I knew was telling me I was going to ruin my bf life if I had the baby. I'm very pro choice, but didn't think abortion would be something I'd want. I got the abortion. Ended up more depressed than I already was. Ended up binging and over eating.
  • Minky31 likes this
✌️😞

#33 vegeta

vegeta

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:09 PM

i was skinny and get into depression and i ate a lot bc of my sadness and didn't care about my body, it took 5 years or so and i am fat now and i am trying to change

• heytherelovelies likes this

178cm / 5'10

my accountability : https://www.myproana.../#entry74608245

#34 valid username

valid username

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:52 AM

“recovery”

believed my therapist who told me i wasn’t overeating and wasn’t overweight believed her when she said i don’t need to count steps.
  • comingh0me likes this

#35 magnificently cursed

magnificently cursed

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:23 AM

i was always pretty muscular and i was TALL and grew awkwardly throughout elementary and middle school so i would gain a lot of weight, look bulky, and then get taller and look normal. i was really athletic so it was never a big deal. but when i was 10 i ended up developing several health conditions and became disabled so i wasn’t able o exercise, and when i was 11 or 12 i had an issue with my thyroid, so i gained 35 - 40 lbs in 4 months before i was diagnosed. when that happened, i was already starting to feel insecure about my body because of being shamed and bullied both at school and in my house, so i started a restrict-binge cycle that would be CONSTANT throughout my life (i’m nearly 16 now), which in turn made me gain more weight and made my disabilities worse. it’s a cruel cycle. (i made it sound really depressing, but honestly it’s chill. i’ve accepted it and i’m getting better physically and mentally)

#36 Bionicle

Bionicle

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:14 AM

High dose of antipsychotics over 3 years. That shit is the devil I s2g

• chubbypear and dead_or_dying like this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#37 𝔟𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔢

𝔟𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔢

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2102 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:56 PM

first time, was because i spent too much with my dad (who was obese) and he'd always make huge food portions and buy me tons of snacks. second time was because i'd buy a shitton of junk bc i was super bored & stopped working out a lot

🖤 𝖘𝖜 96  𝖈𝖜 63  𝖌𝖜 45 | (𝖇𝖒𝖎 21.1) 🖤

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵ 

𝖌𝖜1 - 60 (𝖑𝖜)
                                                                                                                                                         𝖌𝖜2 - 59.5 (19)
                                                                                                                                               𝖌𝖜3 - 55.0 (𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖜𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙)
                                                                                                                                                         𝖌𝖜4 - 53.4 (17)
                                                                                                                                                          𝖌𝖜5 - 50 (16)
                                                                                                                                                          𝖌𝖜6 - 47 (15)
                                                                                                                                                             𝖚𝖌𝖜? - 45
                                                                                                               giphy.gif

#38 perfectly imperfect

perfectly imperfect

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:15 PM

Treatment and self-hatred
Now I'm officially overweight for the first time in my life

Enviado do meu SM-G960F através do Tapatalk
I'll always get back here won't I?

Height 5'0
Sw 145lbs. Cw 119.7lbs
Lw 83.4lbs

Gw1 140lbs☆
Gw2 135lbs☆
Gw3 130lbs☆

Gw4 125lbs☆
Gw5 120 lbs☆
Gw6 115lbs
Gw5 110 lbs
Gw6 105lbs
Gw7 100lbs
Gw8 95lbs
Ugw 90lbs

Accountability
https://www.myproana...ability-number/

#39 notsamally

notsamally

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:28 PM

My parents have always been overweight, and my siblings (I have 4 siblings) and I all grew up on the chubbier side. Even though I was one of the smallest of all my siblings, my parents only made comments to me and my older brother about our weights, but never made healthier food options for us. Everything my parents made was either fried, covered in cheese, or came from a box, so I guess I never really understood what "eating healthy" meant until I was able to live on my own. Even now, I'm struggling to lose the weight that I've gained because everyone in my life eats the same way that my family did growing up. 

#40 indigowind

indigowind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOut In The Grapes

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:42 AM

I've been fat my whole life, mostly due to my parents always feeding me garbage. We literally never had any healthy foods in the house, and my dad would actively encourage emotional eating. Add depression and weed munchies and you just end up with a mess of a human

• Minky31 and DreamerJewel like this

They/Them ENBY
HW: 216 CW: 148.6
200 190 180 170 160 150 140 130 120 113 108 105 99

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users