How did you get fat? - Page 20 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How did you get fat?

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#381 orion_kael

orion_kael

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 26 September 2021 - 06:16 PM

2 pregnancies and COVID. I was so lethargic and craved only sweets due to loss of taste for 2 months. I gained rapidly and got to 245 lbs. Ugh. Bmi 38. Almost morbidly obese. My bmi is 27 now to due to ED relapse.

#382 snaxxx

snaxxx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 08:34 PM

Eating dark chocolate, 2 or more giant sweet potatoes, lots of oatmeal drowned in honey and fruit, and a half block of cheese every day for breakfast and then lots of meat and starches( brown rice. beans, etc.) for dinner. I went from 41 to 47kg in a month. Proof that you can get fat without eating junk food.

Noted. There go my so called "safe binge foods." :c

#383 Anamazingthin7

Anamazingthin7

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 08:49 AM

I started dating my boyfriend... he eats out all the time and doesn't care to eat healthy. I held out for a little while, but gradually got to the point where I wasn't thinking about my weight. He tells me he thinks I'm beautiful and all at any size which is great and I'm thankful for, but I don't think I look good at this weight, so now I'm back trying to lose again. 

saying "no thanks" to food is saying "yes please" to skinny

Height: 5'8"

HW: 204.0 (BMI 31.0)

SW: 189.4 (BMI 28.8)

CW: 181.6 (BMI 27.6)

179 174 169 164 159 154 149 144 139 135

#384 Geranium

Geranium

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1059 posts
  • LocationThe bridge between reality and fantasy

Posted 28 September 2021 - 09:46 AM

Bingeing

In all honesty, my ED is what caused me to be fat

It's crazy how you go to the extremes to be skinny and avoid being fat, and then suddenly you lose control for a long period of time and become exactly what you feared being
  • Fortheloveofhim and s7vnth like this

SW1: 120-ish  HW: 190  LW: 94

yeah, i doubled my weight                                                                                                                                                     

19 ❀ infp-a ❀ 9w1 ❀ she/her ❀ ednos

i’ve been here since i was 13 and just keep going back and forth

SW: 182

CW: 162

GW1: 164 

GW2: 158

GW3: 148

GW4: 140

GW5: 132

GW6: 126

GW7: 122

UGW: 116 lbs

I want a beautiful life

x

accountability on EDC

#385 notanorexicjustfit

notanorexicjustfit

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:09 AM

I was never athletic growing up and my parents always bought us junk food and we always used food to cope with our problems. This was years ago now, I've changed my lifestyle since.

#386 Infex

Infex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:24 AM

Been fat all my life. 230 to 260 lbs was my weight throughout high school. Learned overeating at a young age and wasn't aware of calories or how important exercise was, plus comfort eating due to trauma. Hit my hw (318) last year after a break up by binging on fast and gas station food every night. I am now at my lowest weight ever in my adult life (215ish). Weightloss has been slowing down and it's killing me because I am terrified of gaining everything back, and my body is a mess of loose skin that makes the body dysmorphia unbearable. I just want to not be obese anymore.

#387 graphiteandflowers

graphiteandflowers

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationin pain

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:37 PM

for me, it was by choosing recovery. i definitely encourage ppl to recover or at least give it a try but all it has brought me was weight gain and bed. i used to only restrict and i was good at it. it was easy. and now i binge all the time. it is this uncontrollab need to keep constantly eating. and that’s how i’ve gained 30 pounds in 3 months. i fight the urge everyday. it is miserable

I went thru the same thing ur not alone!!!!! 

#388 Adimosity

Adimosity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:09 AM

Control by not eating vs control by eating what I want, plus some hormones. Turns out the 2 are different sides of the same coin - except one side is fat and, for some insane reason, deemed more acceptable?

#389 lightinme

lightinme

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 05 October 2021 - 06:03 AM

I’m at my highest (well almost, went down 5kg so far) because of my second pregnancy. First pregnancy I gained 20kg which I couldn’t lose, and this pregnancy I added another 15kg which I am now desperately trying to lose. Coming in with 85kg at the moment (was 90 when I got out of the hospital). Hoping to lose 30kg at some point within the year…

#390 ARFIDana

ARFIDana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

Feels like a lot.

My ex threatened to dump me if I didn't gain weight back when I was dealing with ana back in 2012.
Then I went on birth control.
Then I got depressed because I was in a cycle of cheating and emotional abuse.
Then I developed hypothyroidism (thanks, genetics).
And then developed binging tendencies.
However, I also was diagnosed with ARFID (think of it as a legitimate phobia of new foods) and so many of my safe foods with THAT disorder are processed garbage.

Makes me wish I wasn't terrified of purging, because now I'm over twice my lowest weight from 2012/2013. It sucks.

#391 L.is4loser

L.is4loser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 05:27 PM

I went to treatment for anorexia (restricting only) and they never taught me portioning, so I became a compulsive over eater. I was 14. I’m 22 now and I don’t think I have a shot at ever existing without an eating disorder of some type or another.

#392 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3302 posts
  • LocationGeordieland, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 03:13 AM

Got happy in my relationship.

DAMN YOU happiness!!!!!!!!

Height: 5ft (short AF)
CW: Denial (fat AF)

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

813befeb7661a56e94fa9627fbf5c144.gif

tiny-pinterest-logo.png http://pinterest.co.uk/PusheenLovesLife

#393 hushskinnyone

hushskinnyone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:41 PM

for the first time, when i got to my hw, i didnt know anything about my weight, i was completely alone, i didnt really know what calories where, my mom gave me lots of food every day, i binge ate, and had years and years and years of repressed trauma, etc etc, one day i ended up at the hospital for acid reflux, and at the doctor i got weighed, 179 lbs (81 kg). i guess that slapped some sense into me and i started to loose weight, developed an ed. for the 2nd time, recently, i was in a binge/restrict cycle, i had just started my restrict cycle and was weighed at the doc again, 172! oh hell no!, i got to that weight because of a big move, more repressed trauma, and a binge cycle, so i kinda ballooned up again, and theres no way i could go back to my highest weight again. i was always overweight my whole life because of how my mom fed me and binge eating. tl;dr: i got fat because of mental illness, life changes, and my how my mom feeds me

skinny looks good on everything

┊     ┊     ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °   ┊ ˚ ✩.    ┊     ┊

┊     ┊     ┊       ┊ .✫ °     hw: 179     ┊        ⊹ ┊     ┊

┊     ✫.    ┊       ☪⋆          cw: 160.4  ° ┊           .✫      ┊

┊ ⊹         °┊ gw: 155        gw: 135      ☪ ⋆                     ┊

☪ ⋆.          ┊. ˚  gw: 120            gw: 115                        ˚✩       

UGW: 95

˚✩

#394 lamhoir

lamhoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:09 PM

I have literally never known a time where I wasnt fat, I always ate trash as a kid, ever really cared about it till I developed an alcohol addiction in 2019. That and quarantine and Im at the point where I hate my body shape so here I am :/

#395 thegar

thegar

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 10:42 PM

actually becoming somewhat happy at the end of 2019, cared less about the consequences of overeating, then gained 50 pounds in 6 months lol

5'5
HW: 190 (8/31/2020)
CW: 130 (9/24/2021)

186 180 174 168 162 156 150
144 138 132 126 120 

CBMI: 21.6

Total loss: 60

#396 sparkleschicken

sparkleschicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:14 PM

I've always had a really big appetite, but food didn't start becoming a huge problem for me till I was 15/16. My parents divorced when I was 15 and as the oldest child I was thrown into the middle and parentified so my siblings could have a decent quality of life, so I unconcsiously started overeating and eating out of boredem and occasionally bingeing to cope with the stress. I didn't even realize I was overeating and eating unhealthy foods everyday (I used to try my best to eat decently healthy) until a year later. But by then it was too late. I already established the habits and I've been trying to get a hold on them ever since.

height: 5'7.5

hw&sw: 230.2

lw: 140

cw: 211.3

gw1: 160

ugw: 130.2

#397 BumbleBee003

BumbleBee003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:47 PM

I hope nobody takes this as a sign not to recover, but instead, does it more carefully than I did..
But... recovery made me fat.

I basically spiralled and developed what I think is BED, but i’m slipping back into restriction now and I plan to continue this for as long as I live. My family forced me to recover - I was admitted into inpatient and I accepted fate because everybody was yelling at me to EAT, and I fucking love food. My mother told me I was ugly and too skinny, so I started to eat and eat. I basically just fell off the rails and ate everything in sight. The biggest thing was white bread!! I binged on it. Now I am 156 lbs (Previously 96 lbs) and I feel ruined. Food no longer tastes good because I can feel my fat stomach and thighs whenever I eat. Hopefully I can get back to my old BMI or lower ! (17)

#398 whitekillz

whitekillz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEastern Europe

Posted 09 October 2021 - 07:03 PM

Unhealthy eating habits from childhood, didn't have much money plus there weren't really any places you could get fresh produce so I mostly got fed frozen food or super oily stuff. 

WHITEKILLZ

#399 babybeanburrito

babybeanburrito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 October 2021 - 08:30 AM

My dad died when I was 17 and left me a fair chunk of money. I spent most of that money on shitty takeaway. Didn’t use my kitchen for 10 months because I was addicted to KFC. Anything to push the sad down temporarily. Just made me worse off in the end :(
Height: 5'1” / 155cm
HW: 216 lbs / 98kg - BMI 40.2 - 2019
SW: 149 lbs / 67.6kg - BMI 28.1 - Sep 27 2021
CW: 138.2 / 62.7 - BMI 26
GW 1: 139 lbs / 63kg - BMI 26.2 - Reward: Trip to the zoo
GW 2: 128 lbs / 58kg - BMI 24.1 - Reward: Board game

GW 3: 117 lbs / 53kg - BMI 22.1 - Reward: Jellycat plush
GW 4: 106 lbs / 48kg - BMI 20 - Reward: New frames
GW 5: 95 lbs / 43kg - BMI 17.9 - Reward: American Girl doll

GW 6: 84 lbs / 38kg - BMI 15.8 - Reward: Flank tattoo

#400 Neglected_omega

Neglected_omega

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBlue bonnet valley

Posted 11 October 2021 - 10:09 AM

Gained weight during a pregnancy. Gained more from believing that losing weight was impossible because of haes/fa logic.had me thinking being fat was ok and making it worse wasn’t as bad as trying to lose it.

~Big Sip Of Regret~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users