Huel Hot & Savoury Diet | 400 calories | 3 week plan | COMPLETED! - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Huel Hot & Savoury Diet | 400 calories | 3 week plan | COMPLETED!

Huel Meal replacement 400

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:59 PM

Tomato_Herb-FlavourDetail_1200x.jpg?v=16

Huel is a meal replacement powder/mixture (though this varient of Huel has more solids in it than the usual stuff). It is not diet food, more nutritionally balanced servings for people who don't have time to cook themselves. Just google the name if you're more interested in the specific details of the product.

I intend on eating one serving of Huel Hot & Savoury per day (400 calories) for the next three weeks. I have never tried the product before, so I hope it's actually edible lol. On Sundays I will be eating a 1000 calorie meal with a relative that is unavoidable sadly. but the rest of this journey will be (or try to be) 100% Huel. 

Hopefully, my weeks will look like this. 

Monday: 400 cals

Tuesday: 400 cals

Wednesday: 400 cals 

Thursday: 400 cals

Friday: 400 cals

Saturday: 400 cals

Sunday: 1000 cals (non Huel)

Start Weight: 211.8

Notes:

I am fresh out of a /long/ binge spell, so will likely lose a little more weight than the average person on this site would in the first week. If I get excessively dizzy on any of the days I will have a second Huel serving for my own safety. The 400 calorie mark is just a goal point for when I feel I can manage it, not mandatory. But staying under 800 max calories is. Wish me luck!

EDIT: If you are interested in this plan you can get £10 using this link and I will also get £10 off my next order! (I know this sounds suspiciously like an advert but I promise you I am just including the link here because I've had a few DMs asking me about it over the course of this diet hahaha)

Edited by DIETTEARS, 14 March 2021 - 02:10 PM.

#2 Banditboii

Banditboii

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationGB

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:13 PM

I'm keen to see the results! Got a bag in the cupboard that I bought a few months ago on an optimistic whim. My problem is that it was easyish the first time round (3 years ago) but when you eat food again it's hard to go back. I drank it with water but it's so bland. It's almost easier to just starve. May be easier with some low kcal milk. Maybe hazelnut or something. Dunno. Good luck!
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#3 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:56 AM

I totally get you, with a lot of these meal replacement things it feels like a waste of eating calories that I could have spent on something I enjoy. I'm hoping to use it as a bit of a sugar detox, I know if I was just eating 400 calories a day of things I wanted to, it would all be sugary junk haha. I'm curious about the regular Huel but I figured jumping in straight away with drinking all my meals would be too extreme, so I hope to have some success on the hot & savoury line :)

I'm keen to see the results! Got a bag in the cupboard that I bought a few months ago on an optimistic whim. My problem is that it was easyish the first time round (3 years ago) but when you eat food again it's hard to go back. I drank it with water but it's so bland. It's almost easier to just starve. May be easier with some low kcal milk. Maybe hazelnut or something. Dunno. Good luck!

• Banditboii likes this

#4 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:43 AM

I actually love Huel and get ~70% of my calories from it. Normally, white for breakfast, black for lunch and something "real" for dinner. 

I eat a lot more calories than you though. 

Hot and Savoury didn't sit well with me at all though - eww. I'll follow along too, wishing you luck!

• DIETTEARS likes this

#5 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:32 PM

I love the whole concept because I'm sooo lazy with food and that has contributed to me eating all the wrong things a lot. I'll definitely be trying white after I've gone through all of my hot & savoury if it sits right with me!

I actually love Huel and get ~70% of my calories from it. Normally, white for breakfast, black for lunch and something "real" for dinner. 

I eat a lot more calories than you though. 

Hot and Savoury didn't sit well with me at all though - eww. I'll follow along too, wishing you luck!

#6 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:38 PM

Day One

Feb 22nd, 2021. 

Weight: 211.8

Intake: 400 cals

Day one off to a good start. The first Huel I tried was the Sweet & Sour; definitely wasn't what I was expecting. The tomato taste was the most prevalent taste in there, along with the chunks of pineapple I would come upon now and then. I wouldn't say that I like it, but I also don't dislike it. I think the pineapple would be a big plus for some people, but I'm not really a big pineapple fan in the first place.

My hunger is actually tolerable today, I am of course hungry but not to the point where I can't focus on basic tasks. I ate a lot yesterday though, so that would be why. Mostly just glad that it's edible at all haha, I would feel like an idiot if I had ordered this stuff without being able to finish it. Tomorrow i'll be trying a different flavour, so i'm hyped for that.

• mr robot, cheshire_kitten and Banditboii like this

#7 Banditboii

Banditboii

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationGB

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:25 PM

I never knew much about the hot stuff but looked it up earlier. Is it really like a pot noodle? Cause I could just add some soya sauce and hot sauce then be golden. I could frickin live off bombay bad boys if they were healthy
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#8 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:21 AM

Day Two

Feb 23rd, 2021. 

Weight: 211 (-0.8)

Probably writing this a little prematurely as it's only 1pm, but i'll edit the post if anything else happens today. I tried out the Mexican Chilli flavour and wow! It was actually really tasty. I'm not usually a fan of spicy food at all, but it was just at my limit. I'm super impressed though, this one tastes like an actual meal and not something pretending to be a meal. Definitely knocks the Sweet & Sour out of the park. Questionable picture enclosed. I've found that even though it doesn't look like a lot of food, these meals are actually very filling. I'm definitely becoming a fan after today, though I think next time I will order an extra Mexican Chilli bag and give the Sweet & Sour a miss.

Eu6a_pBXEAM-NUA.png

#9 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:23 AM

It pretty much works in the same way as a pot noodle! You just need to leave it to sit covered with the lid after pouring for about 5 minutes so it absorbs all of the water. I'm a big pot noodle fiend myself so I love the similar convenience so far.

I never knew much about the hot stuff but looked it up earlier. Is it really like a pot noodle? Cause I could just add some soya sauce and hot sauce then be golden. I could frickin live off bombay bad boys if they were healthy

#10 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:10 AM

Day Three

Feb 24th, 2021. 

Weight: 209.8 (-1.2)

Intake: 600 cals

Today I tried out the tomato and herb version, which is the last flavour I have to try. It was very enjoyable; a close second to the mexican chilli for sure. Think it would taste great with some Worcestershire sauce but sadly I have none in. The smell was great too, I think out of all of the meals i've tried this one was the most reminiscent of a cup a soup (though tasted a lot better).

As with the past few days, my hunger wasn't severe at all. This stuff definitely keeps me full for a long while which I am very thankful for. I did have an extra 200 calories of it later in the day though, Simply because I was starting to become pretty dizzy and felt like I needed it. I might start having 1 huel meal + 1 snack or normal piece of food every now and then to help alleviate boredom, but i'm not sure. We'll see once I get on to week two :P

#11 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:30 PM

Day Four

Feb 25th, 2021. 

Weight: 208.8 (-1)

Think today is the first day i've had really intense cravings for sugary food; I've been downing the diet cokes like no ones business. Encountered my first downside to this plan... I never realised how much my day revolved around food and the meal choices I made until I stopped having a choice. Which is kind of sad, but I have been spending a lot of the day being unproductive and just waiting for it to pass. Tomorrow I have a lot to do so hopefully the boredom will not be as noticeable. Still, i'm losing consistently which makes me happy. I'm hoping the 1000 cal day that i need to do on Sunday doesn't throw me off track too much.

#12 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:40 AM

Day Five

Feb 26th, 2021. 

Weight: 208.4 (-0.4)

Intake: 630 cals

Running errands was a welcome distraction today. My sugar cravings definitely died down a little, which is nice, but I did break my diet a little by having a protein bar because I was struggling to keep up. I also kind of made a mistake with my Huel; I have been heating it up by boiling the kettle and pouring hot water onto it, but I read on the packaging that you can also microwave it with cold water in so i thought I would give that a try. I guess i added too much water though, because it was.... like a soup. Not enjoyable at all, which sucks because I had selected my favourite flavour for today lol. Ah well :)

#13 Nainsi

Nainsi

Anorexic Leprechaun

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6836 posts
  • LocationDissociating

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:10 AM

I keep getting Huel recommended so I’ve been thinking of trying it too. Is it expensive on the long run? I mean probably is but I’d like to hear the opinion of someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:07 AM

It's kinda a lot of money up front, especially after you don't have the initial discount anymore. but if you're looking at your budget from a monthly perspective you should end up saving money. Especially if you're already restricting. The meals are really filling in comparison to the diet/low cal food I usually get at the supermarket, so I tend not to spend extra on snacks. Iirc it says on the website how much the price breaks down to per meal, so if you just look at what you usually spend on meals and compare, it should be helpful!

I keep getting Huel recommended so I’ve been thinking of trying it too. Is it expensive on the long run? I mean probably is but I’d like to hear the opinion of someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:24 PM

Day Six

Feb 27th, 2021. 

Weight: 207.6 (-0.8)

I'm still doing really good on the hunger front; not noticing any hunger until late in the evening. This stuff is definitely great for keeping you going. A new problem i'm starting to encounter is my energy levels, due to getting so few calories in... I spent most of today in bed. I'm theorizing from prior experience that I am going to have a few rough days ahead of me, though i certainly hope not. I'm very curious about how life is with the drinkable Huel; I really look forward to having a hot meal to chew, so I'm not entirely sure if it would be for me. But I hear people say it's very filling, so who knows? I also just noticed that i've been writing the daily weight loss wrong for the past three days, sorry about that lol. I copy and paste the headers and I guess i forgot to change them D:.

#16 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:31 PM

Day Seven

Feb 28th, 2021. 

Weight: 207.4 (-0.2)

Intake: 1000 cals

Weekly Loss: 4.6

Today was my non-huel day of the week. Gotta say, after a week of restricting the sunday meal I usually get made by my father has never tasted better. I'm feeling very concerned about all of that water weight in the morning though... It would suck to start March with a gain D: It's weird to think it's been a whole week of doing this, it doesn't feel like it! The weight loss has been stable and steady, almost at 5lbs down on this plan. Feeling optimistic :)

• mr robot and cheshire_kitten like this

#17 COSMICkitten92

COSMICkitten92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:25 PM

This is fantastic, thank you so much for these updates 🥰
  • DIETTEARS likes this

Relapse number 4.

STATS:

HEIGHT: 5'2
HIGHEST WEIGHT: 209lbs
CURRENT WEIGHT: 178lbs
LOWEST WEIGHT: 105lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 100lbs

....I JUST WANT TO BE SO LIGHT I'LL FLY AWAY....

#18 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:14 AM

Loving the updates. :)

One thing I also noticed is how much better "real" food starts to taste after being on (mostly, in my case) Huel for a while. It's like it's recalibrating the taste buds or something.

• DIETTEARS likes this

#19 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:03 AM

This is fantastic, thank you so much for these updates

:wub:  <3

Loving the updates. :)

One thing I also noticed is how much better "real" food starts to taste after being on (mostly, in my case) Huel for a while. It's like it's recalibrating the taste buds or something.

Totally! The meal I had was potatoes, chicken and Mediterranean veggies in a white wine sauce. The potatoes were SO flavourful to me, I usually enjoy them but I could taste all of the herbs and salt used to prepare them I swear.

#20 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:38 AM

Day Eight

March 1st, 2021. 

Weight: 207.6 (+0.2)

Welp, a little gain but I was expecting it from having a large meal the day before. Things have slowed down a little the past two days so I think I will get one of those woosh days where everything just falls off sometime soon. I put some garlic flakes in my tomato and herb huel today and it made it /so/ tasty. Honestly it's hard to believe I've gone a week restricting that low without feeling major hunger, usually food would be the only thing I could think about. I've of course had a little bit of hunger here and there, but nowhere close to the cravings I would get before. The one thing I have noticed though, is that I had an awful headache all week. I'm convinced it's a combo of sugar withdrawal and not drinking enough water, but mostly the sugar. I've never had a headache be persistent like this since the last time i went cold turkey from sugar. The night before I started this plan, I binged on like 6 cupcakes and 3 chocolate bars so... it makes sense lol.

I really want to work on my hydration this week. My water consumption is super bad and I know it'll help with keeping things moving in my system if i drink more.  Last week pretty much the only thing I was drinking was diet coke... gonna go to the store tomorrow and pick up some different herbal teas as a substitute.

• cheshire_kitten likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Huel, Meal replacement, 400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users