Huel Hot & Savoury Diet | 400 calories | 3 week plan | COMPLETED! - Page 2 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Huel Hot & Savoury Diet | 400 calories | 3 week plan | COMPLETED!

Huel Meal replacement 400

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:16 AM

That's also a fairly moderate gain, which will be almost entirely down to the food being more volume in your intestines - you need a poop and you're in the green again. 

Hope the rest of the week goes well for you!

• DIETTEARS likes this

#22 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:54 PM

Day Nine

March 2nd, 2021. 

Weight: 206.8 (-0.8)

Intake: 400 cals

For some reason i'm only now realizing that I have actually stuck to this plan for over a week, with almost no trouble at all. One thing i really like about it is there not being much water weight fluctuation in regards to the meals i eat during the week; seeing as it's pretty much the same thing every day, i'm not bloating up and down from different food items. God, it's so incredibly boring though ahah. If i had more going on in my life i'm sure i wouldn't notice, but i literally sit at home all day doing nothing in a heavily COVID restricted country, so i can't even go out to distract myself. Variation in food is pretty much all there is to do right now, so the boredom is real. Still, that's a small price to play for consistent stable eating.

• cheshire_kitten likes this

#23 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:32 AM

Day Ten

March 3rd, 2021. 

Weight: 204.6 (-2.2)

Well... there's the woosh i was waiting for haha. I know it's just water weight but wow, what a great feeling to wake up to! It's put me in a good mood to say the least :) I have already failed my no diet soda goal lol; just bought a 24 pack without even thinking about it... >.> ah well.  I bought this seasoning to put in my Huel and it's super good! Really tasty. There's talks of going to McDonalds on Saturday, so I may have to skip another day... :/ BUT I will stick to 400 cals, I know a few things I can order that will be around that mark. I'm really excited to soon be approaching the sub 200 lbs range again, and so quickly too. 

snapshotimagehandler_1268843766.jpeg?h=5

#24 yawaworht

yawaworht

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:01 PM

This is so inspiring! Congrats on your results so far :) I've been thinking about doing a Huel diet - would you want to do the refer a friend offer they have (I think both parties get £10 off?) 

• DIETTEARS and bluelight like this

Height: 5'2" / 157cm

CW: 45kg (31.03.21)

GW: 40kg

Accountability

Purge free since: 29/03/21

#25 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:55 AM

Thank you so much! and sure! this is the link it gave me, let me know if it doesn't work!

This is so inspiring! Congrats on your results so far :) I've been thinking about doing a Huel diet - would you want to do the refer a friend offer they have (I think both parties get £10 off?) 

• yawaworht likes this

#26 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:15 AM

Day Eleven

March 4th, 2021. 

Weight: 203.6 (-1)

FFS, I wrote the weight wrong AGAIN in the last post haha. Fixed it now. I have dyscalculia so me and numbers have never gotten along well. This is what you get when you copy paste every post you do so you don't have to type out the formatting again.... smh. But wow, another big loss! Super surprising. I actually started my period last night and weirdly I always seem to lose weight on my period, which I don't understand because I always see other people saying they only gain, but ehh.

Honestly this whole plan has helped me so, so much. I have always struggled with ridiculous hunger levels, never knowing when I'm full, sugar addiction, the whole lot. The fact that the meals are so balanced and so filling has helped me immensely, I legitimately never think i've eaten something so filling that is such a small portion before. Maybe rice? But rice would have made more room in my stomach than this does. Take all of this with a grain of salt of course; I am a terrible cook and have pretty much lived on microwave meals and pot noodles my entire life, so I'm really not well experienced with different food types to begin with. Just because I find it satisfying doesn't mean you will. But yeah, I'm happy to have found something that works well for me. IDK if I will be one of these people who lives on huel for the rest of their life, but I will definitely go for it as a reset when i am struggling at the very least. It's awesome to have found something that is actually healthy and also fits my complete lack of any culinary ability haha.

• mr robot and cheshire_kitten like this

#27 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:53 AM

I am on and off Huel for many years now, and I usually use it in bad binge periods, to break the cycle. I feel that's where it's perfect. No cooking required, no shopping needed, no huge amounts of food in the house - amazing!

• DIETTEARS likes this

#28 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

It's soooo good to not have any snacks or meal ingredients in the house! 

I am on and off Huel for many years now, and I usually use it in bad binge periods, to break the cycle. I feel that's where it's perfect. No cooking required, no shopping needed, no huge amounts of food in the house - amazing!

#29 yawaworht

yawaworht

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

Thank you so much! and sure! this is the link it gave me, let me know if it doesn't work!

Thanks so much, I've made an order! Idk if you automatically get a discount or if you need a code from me but if so let me know! Hope your journey continues with the way it's going :)

• DIETTEARS and cheshire_kitten like this

Accountability

#30 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:36 AM

It worked! I got an email with a code, thank you! <3

Thanks so much, I've made an order! Idk if you automatically get a discount or if you need a code from me but if so let me know! Hope your journey continues with the way it's going :)

• yawaworht likes this

#31 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

Day Twelve

March 5th, 2021. 

Weight: 203.0 (-0.6)

Intake: 570 cals

I am seriously beginning to hate the Sweet & Sour Huel ahaha. I'm just so sick of it, there's something about it that really does not vibe with me. It's the pineapple maybe? I don't know, but the more I eat it the more I hate it. It's weird because I heard other people hyping this specific flavour up the most when i watched reviews, and the one that I think is the tastiest hardly got a mention. Regardless, definitely never ordering sweet & sour again. Yesterday and today i've started to notice that I'm feeling a little weak, also getting slightly nauseous now and then. It's def the restriction, I'm just debating whether I should do an 800 calorie day tomorrow (and then have the weekly 1000 cal day, the day after) or just try to stick it out for the 1000 cal day. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Going to take a trip up the coastside and walk up the beach tomorrow, so /hopefully/ I don't crash and burn. I always keep some emergency protein bars and lucozade in the car just in case I ever get faint, so it should be safe to risk it.

Oh, also!! I ordered some Huel Black today, so after i've finished three weeks on this I'll be starting another thread trying out Huel black :) I'm probably gonna be more experimental with that one (add blueberries now and then, the flavour packets you can buy, banana, etc) but yeah. I'll link that thread here when i'm finished doing this one. Honestly? I didn't actually expect myself to stick to this plan for more than a week and I'm kind of shocked that I have almost gotten to two. I thought the hunger would be a lot worse than it is. I guess it helps that I have a 1000 cal reset day every Sunday. 

Edit: Had 2 boiled eggs in the evening, have adjusted cals to show that.

Edited by DIETTEARS, 05 March 2021 - 04:16 PM.

• yawaworht likes this

#32 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:17 AM

Day Thirteen 

March 6th, 2021. 

Weight: 202.4 (-0.6)

Intake: 590 cals

No Huel today, had 4 boiled eggs (340 cals) and a millionaire's doughnut (250 cals) from McDonald's. To be fair I probably should have just skipped the eggs and had Huel, but I originally only intended on having 1... and it turned into 4. D: This is why eating normal food never works for me lol. Still, I'm feeling a little better than I did yesterday :) got the 1000 cal meal tomorrow and then It's back to Huel on monday. I'm very fortunate in that i'm currently living with a parent who is also dieting; so these Sunday meals he makes are always the same thing, for the same amount of calories. Chicken, sauce, lots of potatoes and veggies. Tbh I might even be over counting the calories in it, but from looking at the packaging 1000 is my safe estimate for the meal. Makes my life a lot easier haha. Anyways, it's good that my weekly reset is a healthy balanced meal instead of junk food.

Also, my Huel Black came today, and my food cupboard literally just looks like a Huel advert at this point. I found it kind of funny.

EvzjQZCWgAAm6t7.png

#33 mr robot

mr robot

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:29 PM

This is really tempting me to try something like this haha, Im curious though what exactly is huel?? I tried checking out their site and couldn’t tell if it’s like protein powders or different flavored rice? Or is it similar to microwave meals?? Sorry I’m a little slow lol
  • ch0bz and DIETTEARS like this

#34 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:14 PM

Tbh I couldn't even tell you and i'm the one eating it haha, the hot & savoury range at least is made up of like legumes, dried grains and stuff. It looks like a powder with bits in it in the bag, but when you add hot water it becomes kinda solid, like mushed up food I guess? The regular huel and huel black edition is more similar to a protein powder in that you take it like a drink. Found an ingredient breakdown of one of the hot & savoury flavours if you're curious!

unknown.png

This is really tempting me to try something like this haha, Im curious though what exactly is huel?? I tried checking out their site and couldn’t tell if it’s like protein powders or different flavored rice? Or is it similar to microwave meals?? Sorry I’m a little slow lol

• mr robot likes this

#35 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:26 PM

Day Fourteen 

March 7th, 2021. 

Weight: 201 (-1.4)

Intake: 1000 cals

Weekly Loss: 6.4

Designated weekly 1000 calorie reset day has come once again! It's weird to eat a big meal after i've been so used to eating out of a cup for weeks. It kinda feels wrong to eat such a large volume of food, and honestly it's left me feeling more hungry than the days i'm eating my 400 calorie Huel meals. I'm happy to go back to it tomorrow and eagerly anticipating trying the black version the week after!

God though, a word of warning. I've been casually talking about Huel now and then on twitter and without fail their social media team always writes some stupid comment in response to my tweet rofl. If you wanna talk about it, make sure you censor the word. I find it so annoying when brands do stuff like that, especially because I make it very clear my twitter is an eating disorder account... like damn you're already getting my money, can you chill?

Anyways, 6.4 pounds down this week! I'm getting so close to breaking below 200 lbs oh my god! I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning and was down so much. I'm expecting to maintain a little water weight and either stay the same weight or gain a little when I weigh in tomorrow because of the volume difference in the food I had today, but I know it's coming, so I will (hopefully) stay calm when I see it. Exciting times are ahead.

I don't know if i mentioned this before, but I live a completely sedentary life and don't work out. I could probably have lost more on this plan if i did work out. It's hard because I have some physical illnesses, but I'm going to try to go on a walk every day from now on I did today for 30 minutes and it felt really motivating.

• mr robot, ch0bz, cheshire_kitten and 1 other like this

#36 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

Day Fifteen 

March 8th, 2021. 

Weight: 201.8 (+0.8)

Welp, there's the gain. Ngl, I feel pretty miserable today. Have a family member who is a past abuser of mine staying at the house and I'm feeling just as angry, close to tears and trapped as I always do when they are around. If I had food in my cupboards I would probably be binging a lot. I'm going to try my best to destress, but it's going to be very hard. I also had a minor financial crisis recently due to a pet suddenly getting sick and having like £7 in my account until next Friday is stressing me out immensely. Ugh, it's just all around not good lol. Gonna have a cry and hopefully get it all out of my system. Wish I could report with a more positive update D: I will try to turn things around tomorrow! On the upside, this is the last week of the diet :) I'm excited to see the results. 

Also, would like to say thank you to everyone who has been checking this thread and commenting / liking, it really helps me to feel less alone and keep me being accountable :)

• ch0bz and LunaInWonderland like this

#37 yawaworht

yawaworht

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:38 PM

Sorry to hear the past couple of days have been rough for you. I hope your pet recovers soon and I hope your cry is cathartic! Just want to congratulate you on your dedication to this Huel diet and for keeping us all up to date :)

• DIETTEARS likes this

Accountability

#38 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 05:33 AM

Ugh financial trouble sucks... But good you at least got your huel there, so you don't have to set money aside for food. Hope you'll be okay!

• DIETTEARS likes this

#39 LunaInWonderland

LunaInWonderland

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 06:50 AM

This is such an inspiring read. Can't wait to follow your journey!

• DIETTEARS likes this

160 cm / 5’3
sw: 65 kg / 143.3 lbs
cw: x
gw1: 49 kg / 108 lbs
gw2: 46 kg / 101.4 lbs

accountability

#40 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:08 AM

Sorry to hear the past couple of days have been rough for you. I hope your pet recovers soon and I hope your cry is cathartic! Just want to congratulate you on your dedication to this Huel diet and for keeping us all up to date :)

<3 Thank you! The cry did help haha. I feel a lot better today, and my cat has definitely learned her lesson (the lesson being don't eat small pieces of plastic or you will regret it.... a lot). 

Ugh financial trouble sucks... But good you at least got your huel there, so you don't have to set money aside for food. Hope you'll be okay!

Yeah that's a really good part of it tbh, it's great having so many weeks worth of food as a security blanket :) it's another part of the whole concept that I really enjoy.

This is such an inspiring read. Can't wait to follow your journey!

Thank you! <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Huel, Meal replacement, 400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users