Huel Hot & Savoury Diet | 400 calories | 3 week plan | COMPLETED! - Page 3 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Huel Hot & Savoury Diet | 400 calories | 3 week plan | COMPLETED!

Huel Meal replacement 400

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:17 AM

Day Sixteen

March 9th, 2021. 

Weight: 201.4 (-0.4)

Intake: 400 cals

Ahh I feel a lot better today! :) The family member is gone. I've kind of been taking today as a self care day and not doing much outside of having a lengthy bath and a nice walk later on. Of course an hour after weighing in this morning I had a bowel movement, so i'm unsure of what my true weight for today actually is. I'll find out tomorrow I guess. I had really hoped to be below 200 by Weds and I'm a little let down. Don't ask me why that specific day, I honestly have no clue haha. I just need to remind myself to chill and not stress too much about water weight and little fluctuations. 

Also, I found the hack to making the Sweet & Sour flavour edible today. I put in a lot less water than I do with the other flavours and added some garlic powder. I don't know why, but that specific flavour seems to need a lot less water than the other two I ordered. The texture was infinitely better and the garlic powder really improved the taste too! In unrelated news I have my first round of COVID vaccine on Sunday which is exciting, but also a doctor's appointment on Monday. The doctor's appointment is just because i've moved to a new GP, so they're getting a general idea of where my health is at. But this will mean weighing me and doing blood tests... so I might have to have something to perk me up. Last thing I want is to pass out in front of them. I'm not incredibly dizzy on this plan by any means, but I do occasionally get a little lightheaded and weak. We'll see.

• ch0bz, bellaalvees and cheshire_kitten like this

#42 mr robot

mr robot

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:38 PM

Tbh I couldn't even tell you and i'm the one eating it haha, the hot & savoury range at least is made up of like legumes, dried grains and stuff. It looks like a powder with bits in it in the bag, but when you add hot water it becomes kinda solid, like mushed up food I guess? The regular huel and huel black edition is more similar to a protein powder in that you take it like a drink. Found an ingredient breakdown of one of the hot & savoury flavours if you're curious!
unknown.png

Ohhh ok thanks for explaining! Their site really had me lost lol. And wishing the best for you and your cat!!🤍
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#43 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:21 AM

Day Seventeen

March 10th, 2021. 

Weight: 199.8 (-1.6)

Aaaaaah!! Below 200 (barely lol)! Looks like I got my wish of being below 200 today after all. Was NOT expecting to be down 1.6 in one day but I guess it was the water weight from Sunday finally clearing. I'm so happy :) My acne has really started to clear up while doing this too. I've only had one breakout the entire time and that was while i was on my period. I've had really bad problems with acne recently so it feels nice that my face is finally getting a chance to heal. 

I guess the new goal is to be below 200 while wearing clothes, for my GP appointment on Monday. Which makes no sense because I live in the UK and they count in stone, not in pounds, but whatever. It's going to be a little awkward, I imagine they're probably going to bring up my weight... and I doubt they'll even believe me when I say i'm trying to lose it. That's probably just me being sensitive and paranoid though.

• mr robot, ch0bz and yawaworht like this

#44 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 March 2021 - 05:14 PM

Day Eighteen

March 11th, 2021. 

Weight: 198.8 (-1)

Down another pound! Really happy. My overall target for March was to end it on 195 and it looks like I'm going to surpass that goal :') My Huel bags are really starting to get close to being empty now, it's crazy to think i've almost had 3 bags worth already. Come to think of it, I only have 2 days of Huel meals left on this plan before my Sunday reset day, which is when i'm going to weigh in and give y'all the final results. The time has honestly flown by. I'm feeling a little low energy today, which always seems to be happening when I get to the thursday/friday mark. I just chilled and played video games for most of the day though, so it wasn't too noticeable. I'm excited to see what my total loss is going to be!

• mr robot and ch0bz like this

#45 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 March 2021 - 09:12 AM

Day Nineteen 

March 12th, 2021. 

Weight: 198 (-0.8)

The consistent loss is really nice :) Seems the only time i gain is the day after i have my reset day, from water weight. Gotta say that i've discovered all of the flavours are even better if you add less water than is recommended. I've started filling the cup until the water is /just/ above the mixture and the consistency and flavour is a lot nicer. I feel like i talk way too much shit in these daily updates lol. and 90% of it isn't related to this diet plan at all. Maybe it's a little late into it to realise that... :D

• mr robot, ch0bz and yawaworht like this

#46 ch0bz

ch0bz

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 12 March 2021 - 03:07 PM

Day Nineteen
March 12th, 2021.

Weight: 198 (-0.8)

The consistent loss is really nice :) Seems the only time i gain is the day after i have my reset day, from water weight. Gotta say that i've discovered all of the flavours are even better if you add less water than is recommended. I've started filling the cup until the water is /just/ above the mixture and the consistency and flavour is a lot nicer. I feel like i talk way too much shit in these daily updates lol. and 90% of it isn't related to this diet plan at all. Maybe it's a little late into it to realise that... :D

nooo you don’t—no worries! your updates are the best lol i love this thread! ♡ congrats on your progress
  • DIETTEARS and Christine-Amalie like this

#47 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 March 2021 - 08:09 AM

:wub:

nooo you don’t—no worries! your updates are the best lol i love this thread! ♡ congrats on your progress

• ch0bz likes this

#48 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 March 2021 - 08:33 AM

Day Twenty

March 13th, 2021. 

Weight: 197.6 (-0.4)

Last Huel day of this plan! :) I'm taking the time to draft up my thoughts of how I want to do my next diet plan on Huel Black. I think I would definitely like to include one day a week where I get to eat something of my choice within a 500 calorie limit, just to alleviate some boredom. So maybe I'd do that on Saturdays, then have the 1000 cal meal on Sunday and it would feel like i'm having a chill weekend? I was also playing with the idea of allowing myself a snack every day If I want it (within 100 cals). Something like this:

Mon: Huel meal (400) + 1 snack (100, optional)

Tues: Huel meal (400) + 1 snack (100, optional)

Weds: Huel meal (400) + 1 snack (100, optional)

Thurs: Huel meal (400) + 1 snack (100, optional)

Fri: Huel meal (400) + 1 snack (100, optional)

Sat: Meal of my choice (500)

Sun: Reset meal (1000) 

If I do it this way, I should have enough of it to last me 6 weeks so it would be a 6 week diet instead of a 3 week one. Definitely more of a commitment than this was, but this was also a lot easier than I thought it would be. Let's hope I get along with Huel Black just as well? :)

#49 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

Day twenty-one 

March 14th, 2021. 

Weight: 197.6 (-0)

Intake: 1000 cals

Start Weight: 211.8

End Weight: 197.6

Total Weight Loss: 14.2

Well, this is the last day! 14.2 pounds down in 3 weeks, I definitely can't complain at that. A little disappointed I didn't make it all the way to 15lbs down, but I woke up pretty bloated today so i expect that's why i'm maintaining. Still, I'm overall pretty pleased with this loss, even more pleased with how easy it has been in comparison to restrictive diets I have done around the 400 cal mark in the past. I really do think i'm a Huel convert at this point, it's just given me so much energy and fullness that I would have never expected to have on 400 calories. I'd highly suggest it, it worked wonders in detoxing me from my binge cycle and sorting my hunger cues out. I've also noticed i'm so much more mindful about the care I give to my body and what I put into it. Usually i'd be chugging white monsters, but I've resisted the urge to buy them every time i've thought of it. I think even if you don't want to eat Huel every day, it's such a great alternative to other convenient food that is unhealthy. 

I'm really hoping I will feel the same way about Huel Black. I'm dubious and kind of scared at the thought of drinking my calories for six weeks, which is my plan, but I didn't think I could get through this one either and look at me now. Thank you all for your comments and likes in the thread, it's helped to keep me motivated and on track! I had a lot of fun writing this thread and it's kind of crazy that it's gotten quite a few views at this point. If you're interested in following my next Huel journey, I have the link here.  Cya!  :wub:

#50 yawaworht

yawaworht

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 March 2021 - 03:50 PM

Congrats on your results and your self control too! I feel you with the Huel Black; I have some too but have only managed 1/2 scoop in my porridge after a workout so far. Looking forward to your next results! :)

• DIETTEARS likes this

Height: 5'2" / 157cm

CW: 45kg (31.03.21)

GW: 40kg

Accountability

Purge free since: 29/03/21

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Huel, Meal replacement, 400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users