Konjac pasta/rice - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Konjac pasta/rice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aura1011

Aura1011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:57 PM

ONG OMG OMF so u probably heard of these but both the pasta and rice are just fibre and water so a whole packet which is 250g drained (at least from the brand I buy from which is Slendier) is 11 CALORIES!!!! It tastes a bit weird by itself but once you add good sauces and things with it like I stir fried the rice with soy sauce and added spinach and it tastes normal to me I understand some ppl hate this but it’s so good to be able to eat pasta which they have different types of and rice with no guilt! I also read into it more and they apparently expand in your stomach so you feel so full and satisfied afterwards (doesn’t actually expand your stomach or make you look bloated or gain weight lol) but it really helps me prevent binging and it’s a full fucking meal so yes please try these :)

#2 Aura1011

Aura1011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:58 PM

Also please let me know really low calorie pasta sauces if you know any

#3 Queen001

Queen001

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:44 AM

Not to discourage you or anything hun but I personally don’t like these. I think they don’t taste nice at all but that comes down to your personal taste. If you like them then good for you.

I think you can make a tomato sauce yourself rather than buying it knowing that tomatoes have little calories I’m always scared that if I buy sauces from outside they will have butter or whatever and it will be way more caloric than it should be. You can also read the ingredients and calories on the pack just to be sure, I’m certain that you do that already lol

Just for the record, I personally eat real pasta / lasagna or Mac and cheese (decent portion) once in a while after restricting for some time, because my body stops losing weight or starts GAINING very easily if I’m on a very low calorie intake for a long while... and I feel I need to have a bigger calorie intake than I am used to for a day or night or a morning and keep it in my stomach to shock my body a little bit and it usually works.

The logic behind why i stay sleepless and why i am always tired :

tumblr_n1xxwmjZAS1qg8qz7o1_400.gif

The reason why i will often sound vague :

1498570443-dexter.gif

#4 astrotea

astrotea

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3998 posts
  • LocationTim Hortons, probably.

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:01 AM

I'm lucky bc Korea is OBSESSED with Konjac. I can get full konjac pasta dishes, rice dishes, drinks, jellies. Pricy but like worth it. I just konjac Carbonara and they're only 81 cals a pot.

accountability

Astro, 25, South Korea

jIXhm3.png

#5 sissysissy91

sissysissy91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:51 AM

I use this kind of pasta and rice too with low calorie condiments...home made tomato sauce or just zucchini I cook in pan with salt and spices... not bad but I don't find them really satisfiyng.... the taste is ok but it has nothing to do with rice or real pasta ( I am italian so for me it's kinda a crime calling it pasta ahahaha)
For me konjac is just a good way to eat less calories

#6 ANAtomist

ANAtomist

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts
  • LocationIn a mortuary next to an autopsy table

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:48 AM

ONG OMG OMF so u probably heard of these but both the pasta and rice are just fibre and water so a whole packet which is 250g drained (at least from the brand I buy from which is Slendier) is 11 CALORIES!!!! It tastes a bit weird by itself but once you add good sauces and things with it like I stir fried the rice with soy sauce and added spinach and it tastes normal to me I understand some ppl hate this but it’s so good to be able to eat pasta which they have different types of and rice with no guilt! I also read into it more and they apparently expand in your stomach so you feel so full and satisfied afterwards (doesn’t actually expand your stomach or make you look bloated or gain weight lol) but it really helps me prevent binging and it’s a full fucking meal so yes please try these :)

I eat them every night.p as my dinner. I too it with low cal soy sauce. So goooood

• Aura1011 likes this

168cm (damn scoliosis)

Post-latest IP HW: 53kg | BMI: 18.77

HW: 49kg | BMI: 17.36  

LW: 32kg | BMI: 11.58

CW: 39kg | BMI: 13.84

GW: 🪶 or death probably

AN - r

#7 envyadams

envyadams

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1014 posts
  • Locationhalfaxa

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:38 AM

I love miracle noodles, but they DEFINITELY still make you look bloated, lol

HW: 136.5lbs | LW: 110lbs | CW: 114.2 lbs | GW1: 120lbs | GW2: 115lbs | GW3: 110lbs | UGW: 105lbs :D

5'2

art angel

Competitive figure skater, grimes enthusiast, literary extraordinaire

#8 Why_am_I_like_this?

Why_am_I_like_this?

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationStuck in my head

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:30 PM

I'm lucky bc Korea is OBSESSED with Konjac. I can get full konjac pasta dishes, rice dishes, drinks, jellies. Pricy but like worth it. I just konjac Carbonara and they're only 81 cals a pot.

Totally jealous.
  • astrotea likes this
~~It's okay to not be okay~~
I'm new here, and I've never talked to anyone about this before, so please pardon me posting so much and my kind of over sharing. I've got a lot I've held on to for so long, it's nice to let it out finally. Thanks to everyone for allowing a place like this to exist where I can do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users