exercises to lose muscle? - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

exercises to lose muscle?

exercise muscle workout legs thighs lose fat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seuri

seuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationany/all prns

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:48 AM

yeah, i know the title is a little confusing, but i've been stuck in a sort of stasis with my muscle mass for a while now and i have no idea what to do.

i've always been able to build up muscle, particularly in my legs, super quickly. the last few years i've been doing very cardio/leg heavy sports as well, so now i have very visibly muscular thighs and i HATE them. they just look super fat all the time and i htg want nothing more than skinny stick boy legs. 

i've tried just about every exercise, every workout video promoting "leg slimming" and nothing seems to work, since it's still working at those muscles. does anyone know of any solution or even just exercises that i could do to actually slim down my legs?

right now i'm at a loss for anything besides just letting the muscle weaken and just lose all the weight that's left there. maybe i'm completely overthinking it and that is really the only solution lol, but if anyone knows of any way to lose muscle mass quickly then i would be so grateful!

#2 Measvdb

Measvdb

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:04 AM

Exercises won't shrink your muscles. Not exercising actually shrinks them, that and of course restricting... 

• cheshire_kitten likes this
Non-binary  (they/them)

Height: 163 cm (5'3)

HW: 71 kg
LW: 48 kg

SW: 70,1 kg/BMI 26,4 (bleghh)
GW1: 60 kg/BMI 22,6 (bit better)
GW2: 55 kg/BMI 20,7 (way better)
GW3: 50 kg/BMI 18,8 (yass,want!)
UGW: 48 kg/BMI 18,1 (FINALLYYY!)

#3 ChunkyGurl

ChunkyGurl

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 05:30 AM

^^ muscle wastage comes from doing less exercise. What exercises you're doing matters too. For example, sprinters and cyclists tend to get thicker thighs. Marathon runners will tend to have slimmer legs. If you do hiit cardio or heavy intensity then the muscle builds faster. Maybe either take regular breaks or aim for lower intensity steady-state exercise

-----------------

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" - Mark Twain

---------

"You must be ready at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become..." - Eric Thomas

----------

0f606aaa27dddc68f12df7c8a1d9253e

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercise, muscle, workout, legs, thighs, lose fat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users