for anyone diagnosed - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

for anyone diagnosed

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 greeres

greeres

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Locationthe cereal aisle of the grocery store

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:35 PM

>> did your gp get concerned about your weight and recommend you to a psychiatrist or something?
my mom dragged me to a few doctors, then a dietician, then the dietician referred me to a refeeding program (where i was formally evaluated by a psychiatrist) ... it's all very blurry, and it all happened without my consent.

>> are gps allowed to diagnose, too?
i'm pretty sure they are, yeah.

>> were you underweight st the time of your diagnosis?
yes, it's a requirement for a clinical diagnosis of AN.

>> did you have to talk about your food habits or did you not have to say anything at all?
i just remember the psychiatrist asking me what my goal weight was. (i probably could have lied to her, but at that point i was already set to be admitted and i didn't see the point.)
i think she might have asked about food habits / whether i had lost my period, too, but like i said ... blurry, haha :-)
funny enough, she didn't even tell me what she diagnosed me with until i asked her, three months into treatment.

sweet emptied arms called worth and habit.

#22 xl7

xl7

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

how do you always ask the questions I'm wondering? I thought you were supposed to go to your gp for a diagnosis not call up a therapist, don't you have to give all your insurance information before they even talk to you? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users