gender options - New Forum Request - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

gender options

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seuri

seuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationany/all prns

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:41 PM

not necessarily a "forum" but i didn't know anywhere else to post this and i haven't been able to find anyone talking about this before. if this is the wrong place for it i apologize. 

i'd like to ask for more options for "gender" in our profiles. right now the only three options are: male, female, transgender, which leaves out nonbinary people (like myself) or agender people. also, because "transgender" isn't a gender but a label, it shouldn't be an option. while a nb person is technically a part of the trans community as they are "transitioning" from their birth gender, many do not personally identify with it. a trans man or woman should only need to chose the gender they identify with instead of labelling their gender as "transgender" (however, i do not identify as trans so i cannot speak for any trans person, but i asked my trans friends in order to come to this conclusion). transgender, like cisgender, is a descriptor- a modifier onto the gender that a person identifies with, not their actual gender. nobody says that their gender is transgender. they are a transgender man (ftm), or a cis man (amab).

i know there's also a "null" sort of option that doesn't list any gender on your profile, but i'd love to see an inclusion of a simple "other" option for gender. i absolutely cannot speak for every trans or nonbinary person and if anyone would like to add on to this i'd be open to discussion! :)

• cassie ainsworth, FunSize, 4mbigu0us and 3 others like this

#2 scarecrows

scarecrows

wildly inappropriate whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6636 posts
  • Location.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................shinji ikari's cum hand

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:50 PM

YES PLEASE! 

╔⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵘᵐ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢⁱⁿᵏ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ˢⁱⁿᵏ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵘᵐ

╚⊶⊶⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

74a650ffd1707c8e778fab240899c574_w200.gi

CJ92A.gif

click da egg pls

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 4mbigu0us

4mbigu0us

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1693 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:51 PM

I support this, but I'm not sure if this is something the moderators actually have the power to change, or if we'd have to wait for a response from admin. If the latter is true, it may be quite some time before we can get this.
  • seuri likes this
I've migrated to EDC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users