Best harm reduction tips? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Best harm reduction tips?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Pax~Immorte

Pax~Immorte

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationCanuck 🍁

Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:07 PM

SO much good advice already!
I am on a harm reduction plan and I
- high restrict with a balance of all three macros
- get blood work and ECG done bi weekly
- take thiamine above all! Plus acidophilus probiotics, calcium and D, multivitamin
- stay well hydrated
- check my blood sugars regularly and take dextrose if it’s below four (think below four on the floor)
- if I purge try to limit the number of times since otherwise I’ll go all day or until I pass out (luckily that’s not an issue right now…)
- exercise for a limited amount of time
- stay above a certain weight so that I can maintain my quality of life
- make sure someone knows what I am doing - have a safe person in case something happens and you need help asap. Ideally you’d have a treatment team that supports HR but they are few and far between sadly. I am fucking lucky based on what I’ve heard!
- don’t beat yourself up if you have a bad day - you can restart it at any time and there’s always a new day tomorrow
- you are worth more than a number on a scale - smash that motherfucker (I did and it was awesome) or at the very least try not to weigh every day since fluctuations are normal
- remember you are loved and supported by people here no matter what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I came, I saw, I tried to leave
but life just wasn’t done with me
So I waved hospice goodbye, took Ana’s hand in mine and begged
“Peace until the end?”
And with wry reply she sighed
“I’ll do my best my friend…”
So we live
side by side
Until it’s our turn to drift away
on the gentle tide
~Pax

Current BMI - 12.9… (Dec 7, 2021)
Goal: I just want to be strong enough to fulfill this life’s purpose before blowin’ this popsicle stand and hitchhiking to the next life… Whatever bmi that is, preferably in the 13ish range… That’s my safe place

“I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual”
~Virginia Woolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users