Does breastfeeding help you lose weight in postpartum? - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does breastfeeding help you lose weight in postpartum?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:21 AM

Hello, I am currently 23 weeks along and we are expecting a baby girl this June. :)

I very much am looking forward to breastfeeding because of all of the benefits. Is it true that it can help you lose weight quicker after your baby is born? For those who have done it?

tumblr_m7l8xkk92d1qadi39o3_500.gif

Height: 5'4"

CW: ??? (currently pregnant)

LW: 111 lbs (that was ages ago)
GW 1: 130 lbs

GW 2: 125 lbs

GW 3: 120 lbs
UGW: 95 lbs (haha who am I kidding, will I really want to stop here?)

#2 mindoficeandfire

mindoficeandfire

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:44 AM

As long as you eat less calories than nursing baby takes from you, yes, you'll lose weight.

Obvious edit about your health and baby's health and nutrition ect. 

#3 ♡Kayana♡

♡Kayana♡

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:52 AM

Lol it depends , at first you’re always hungry and exhausted so it can kind of slow your weight loss until you get a hang of watching what and how much you eat again . When I had my youngest I lived on m&ms for a couple months so I hit a plateau.
But I’ve heard of people gaining weight because they eat like crazy and I’ve heard of people losing too much weight without trying so it depends on you and your body I guess
♡Kayana♡

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users