MARCH Accountability Thread (Age 40+) - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

MARCH Accountability Thread (Age 40+)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:55 AM

Well, it's been a long time since I've actually started one of these threads, but since I'm here right now, and no one else has started it yet, I thought I might as well! MARCH ON, friends!!!  :) 

• Granger, thinstrument and shannie like this

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: ???

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#2 hibernating

hibernating

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

hi, just to let you know in case you are not aware that this forum is completly public and visible to anyone, even people who are not members, its not one of the protected forums.

You can log out from MPA and look at the list, the forums you cannot read are the protected ones.

Hope these notes help xxx

All the best <3
  • *~pixie angelheart~* and Thaisa like this
*currently on posting hiatus

#3 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:14 AM

I'm starting March at 121.6 lbs (BMI 20.2). Since the beginning of January, I've lost 6 lbs and 3% body fat (I started February at ~125 lbs). :) I actually did make progress in February, even though my goal was simply to maintain while I figured out how to tackle losing all this weight under my body's "new rules." By "new rules," I'm not referring to my age. My age didn't stop me reaching a BMI of 15 at the age of 50. I'm referring to the chronic health conditions that have cropped up for me in the past two years that make this journey many times more difficult for me now.

As of about a week ago, this is what I've been doing:

CICO (<1000 calories)

vegan

gluten-free

<25 g fat

Exercise (through the pain) for an hour every day.

Goals: My first goal for the month of March is get my BMI back into the 19's. I only have to lose a little less than 2 lbs to do it, so I should be able to. I'd be positively ecstatic to see my weight below 115 lbs again (BMI 19.1), but that's probably going to be challenging.  :unsure: Still, I can try. My ultimate, long-term goal is yet to be determined. Originally, it was to get back to BMI 15, but we'll have to see about that...  :rolleyes: 

• Granger, thinstrument and compulsivelydainty like this

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

#4 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:16 AM

hi, just to let you know in case you are not aware that this forum is completly public and visible to anyone, even people who are not members, its not one of the protected forums.

You can log out from MPA and look at the list, the forums you cannot read are the protected ones.

Hope these notes help xxx

All the best <3

Thanks! :) I'm sure that might be good to know for some new people! I'm not one of them, however.  ;)  Also, this thread is started every month for the 40+ forum. It goes by different names, depending on who starts it. This was February's thread...

https://www.myproana...eck-in-thread/ 

• hibernating likes this

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

~pics~

#5 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:46 PM

I am starting the month out at 135.  At end of Dec, I lost 15 pounds in three weeks, and the rest since.  It's been slow going after the initial loss. I hope to lose 4 pounds the month.

• thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#6 Aries419

Aries419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:49 PM

Hi Ladies, 

Height: 5'7

CW: 150 (ugh)

GW: 130

For March - I would LOVE to lose 8 pds, but would be happy, honestly with anything in the 140's.

I graduate from grad school in May - that's my target date! 

I've been upping my water intake. Excuse me while I go to the bathroom for the 10th time today... 

;)

• Granger, thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and 1 other like this

151-150-149-148-147-146-145-144-143-142-141-140-139-138-137-136-135-134-133-132-131-130

#7 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:00 PM

Hi friends,

My starting weight is 122-125. (121.5 is the lowest I saw on the scale in February). 

My goal for March is to see 119 (I think this would be about a 3 pound loss.)

What has worked for me has been IF several days a week when I can do it (working long hours) and the rest of the time, I need to be conscientious about not going over maintenance. Summer time and swim wear is a huge motivator for me. I want to be comfortable in my swim suit!

Hope everyone is well. Let's do this one step at a time.

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#8 over40

over40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:38 PM

Hello Ladies,
I’m having some trouble with the height and weight conversions but I did the work I think and here are my details :

Height : 160 cm so apparently 5’3
CW : 60kg so that’s 132lbs
GW : 50kg so that’s 110lbs
So basically I want to go from BMI 23.4 to BMI 19.5

For March it would be already lovely to reach half of my long time no see dream expectations, so I’m hoping for a BMI of 21.5 or something at least close to that at the end of the month. That’s 122-120lbs. It might be too much. Most probably isn’t reasonable.

Anyway. I honestly don’t know what to goal for in a month. So I’m just goaling for any significant weight drop to make me feel better about myself and get me going, and smiling ;)

#9 FatGrandma

FatGrandma

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:02 PM

Hello all. I'm starting the month at 129. I would love to be 120 by the end of the month, but would be happy with 123. Consistent 2 lbs. per week just doesn't seem to happen for me since menopause  :(

#10 Aries419

Aries419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:04 PM

Hello Ladies,
I’m having some trouble with the height and weight conversions but I did the work I think and here are my details :

Height : 160 cm so apparently 5’3
CW : 60kg so that’s 132lbs
GW : 50kg so that’s 110lbs
So basically I want to go from BMI 23.4 to BMI 19.5

For March it would be already lovely to reach half of my long time no see dream expectations, so I’m hoping for a BMI of 21.5 or something at least close to that at the end of the month. That’s 122-120lbs. It might be too much. Most probably isn’t reasonable.

Anyway. I honestly don’t know what to goal for in a month. So I’m just goaling for any significant weight drop to make me feel better about myself and get me going, and smiling ;)

151-150-149-148-147-146-145-144-143-142-141-140-139-138-137-136-135-134-133-132-131-130

#11 Aries419

Aries419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:06 PM

Thank you for making the effort to convert your measurements! I love that everyone here is from all over the place. (Here in America, we tried the metric system for a few months)😂
  • thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~*, FatGrandma and 1 other like this

#12 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2835 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:47 AM

Hello all. I'm starting the month at 129. I would love to be 120 by the end of the month, but would be happy with 123. Consistent 2 lbs. per week just doesn't seem to happen for me since menopause  :(

I'm lucky  to hit 3 lbs a month....I hear you

• viofem, *~pixie angelheart~* and FatGrandma like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#13 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2835 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:49 AM

I just realized it was March and went right here to start this - thanks Angel for being a team player lol :lol:

I have no idea what I am doing this month.  Should maintain but I'm not sure how to increase calories. Maybe next week?  ugh

Goal is to add 100 cals a day next week or so.

Also I just bought new bras because...well....ever chuck a ping pong ball in a hot tub?  My chest is very sad nowadays ugh

• Granger, *~pixie angelheart~* and FatGrandma like this

#14 lil_lottie

lil_lottie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:53 PM

Not having much luck restricting. I feel so huge. I need to just do my liquid diet but my brain is apparently needing to stay fat. Tomorrow is a new day and I have running to do so I’ll take my drinks with me.
Setting an alarm to get up and do my ballet beautiful workout.

#15 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:15 PM

Down another pound today, so now, I just need to lose less than one pound (.8) to get my BMI back in the 19's.  :) I haven't been back there since fibromyalgia took over my life 2 years ago.  :unsure: 

Not having much luck restricting. I feel so huge. I need to just do my liquid diet but my brain is apparently needing to stay fat. Tomorrow is a new day and I have running to do so I’ll take my drinks with me.

(((((HUGS))))) We're cheering for you!  :) 

• thinstrument, Thaisa and shannie like this

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

~pics~

#16 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:41 AM

Well I'm having an off week, spurred by stress induced by procrastination. I purged three days in a row and felt crummy for it. But tomorrow is a new day. Purging feels so self destructive at this age (the body can only take so much over a lifetime). On the bright side the scale was down to 120 this morning. Probably I was dehydrated. Goal for the rest of the week is to stay hydrated and treat my body better (but hopefully still make a little progress weight wise). 

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#17 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:42 AM

Sounds like you have a solid plan! 

Ortho athlete

40+

#18 FatGrandma

FatGrandma

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:04 AM

Damn. Gained a pound  :angry: So much for trying to do it the "healthy" way - 1000-1200 calories. Obviously I need to eat much less and move more. I'll try 800-900 calories, and exercise twice a day. 10 am here, I have done sit-ups, push-ups and weights and had nothing but coffee. After a Slimfast shake for lunch I will go for a long walk, and maybe this evening I will do a short yoga practice.

• thinstrument and shannie like this

#19 dontreallycare

dontreallycare

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:36 PM

Started the month at 145. Hoping to at least be in a normal BMI by month end!

• shannie and FatGrandma like this

5' 2"

HW 160 (WTH!)

SW 159 (whale)

CW 138.2 ( :( )

GW1 150 (whale shark)

GW2 140 (walrus)

GW3 130 (better)

GW4 120 (almost there...)

UGW 115 (Finally!!)

#20 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2835 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:01 AM

down one more pound.  BMI 17.2.  what even is my life.  This puts me at an all time low at adult height....I never weighed this little even with anorexia in HIGH SCHOOL what

Next week I will up my cals for sure....

Next week I will be thrifting some more jeans too.

The hubs admitted last night he doesn't like the new state of my sad deflated boobs....that was hard to hear but I love how I look in jeans right now for maybe the 2nd time in my life ever.  so.  here i am

• shannie and FatGrandma like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users