MARCH Accountability Thread (Age 40+) - Page 3 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

MARCH Accountability Thread (Age 40+)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 FatGrandma

FatGrandma

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:46 AM

I had in my head that I started at 130, and wasn't losing much, but then I checked my journal and realized I actually started at 134 on February 15. I am down 7 lbs in less than a month! Super pumped to keep going now!

Have fun hiking, Thin! That's something I hope to get back to as the weather gets warmer. Great exercise and very centering. Maybe this weekend if it stays warm.

• shannie and sweetdaisy like this

#42 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:38 AM

I had in my head that I started at 130, and wasn't losing much, but then I checked my journal and realized I actually started at 134 on February 15. I am down 7 lbs in less than a month! Super pumped to keep going now!

Have fun hiking, Thin! That's something I hope to get back to as the weather gets warmer. Great exercise and very centering. Maybe this weekend if it stays warm.

Wow 7 lbs is great!

• FatGrandma likes this

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#43 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:40 AM

I woke up this morning feeling 'empty' and hungry and so was eager to jump on the scale, expecting a drop. Nope. Up to 122.6 lol. Go figure. 

Lunch was three fried eggs, almonds, chicken thighs. Planning to run 5-10 miles today.

Plan for dinner is pan fried burger patties with fried eggs. mmmm

• thinstrument likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#44 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:18 PM

I am going to the weight doctor on Monday and I have lost 22 pounds in three months.  While I am happy to lose four pounds a month, I lost 15 pounds the first three weeks, and rest since so it's frustrating.  I changed my eating to what the doctor said bc she thought I was insulin resistant and some of the medications I am on make it hard to lose weight.  I just don't know.  At this rate, I will never lose the weight.

• thinstrument, shannie and sweetdaisy like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#45 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 05:20 PM

Can I also join please? I've no idea what's going on with my body lately (I'm almost 42 years old), but I just seem to be gaining or maintaining at a slightly higher weight than usual and just can't seem to shift it. My body shape is also changing and I appear to be getting 'wider'.

I'm currently 128 lbs, but am usually 124-126 lbs. Ideally I'd like to be 122 lbs (that's my most comfortable weight) but it just doesn't seem possible.

I tend to follow 16:8 fasting, something which I have done for a couple of years. However lately it's like a switch has been flicked and I can no longer lose weight.

I don't count calories because I don't want to get consumed with logging everything I eat.

I'm also going to try and stop weighing myself everyday and will try and weigh twice a week - Wednesday and Saturday mornings as soon as I get up.

I guess I just need to sort myself out and see if I can try and lose 2 lbs by the end of the month.
  • viofem, thinstrument, Thaisa and 2 others like this

#46 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

Can I also join please? I've no idea what's going on with my body lately (I'm almost 42 years old), but I just seem to be gaining or maintaining at a slightly higher weight than usual and just can't seem to shift it. My body shape is also changing and I appear to be getting 'wider'.

I'm currently 128 lbs, but am usually 124-126 lbs. Ideally I'd like to be 122 lbs (that's my most comfortable weight) but it just doesn't seem possible.

I tend to follow 16:8 fasting, something which I have done for a couple of years. However lately it's like a switch has been flicked and I can no longer lose weight.

I don't count calories because I don't want to get consumed with logging everything I eat.

I'm also going to try and stop weighing myself everyday and will try and weigh twice a week - Wednesday and Saturday mornings as soon as I get up.

I guess I just need to sort myself out and see if I can try and lose 2 lbs by the end of the month.

Welcome! You are in good company, for better or for worse. I think you and I are weight twinsies! :) For me, weight loss is both hard and unpredictable at this age (I am 41). Doing keto did nothing for me, until I started practically staving myself, then I lost a few pounds, only to have them come right back as soon as I started eating (keto) without strict portion control. I recently had some success with IF (macro agnostic) but I felt like I was restricting to an unsustainable degree, plus I only managed to lose about 4 lbs. It is a struggle, but like most of us, I don't intend to give up. I think it makes sense to experiment if you feel like the old things aren't working anymore.

Glad you are here :)

• sweetdaisy likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

#47 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:05 PM

I think it is natural to have progress slow as the weight comes off for a number of reasons. Any progress is great in my book. Good luck with your appointment. 

I am going to the weight doctor on Monday and I have lost 22 pounds in three months.  While I am happy to lose four pounds a month, I lost 15 pounds the first three weeks, and rest since so it's frustrating.  I changed my eating to what the doctor said bc she thought I was insulin resistant and some of the medications I am on make it hard to lose weight.  I just don't know.  At this rate, I will never lose the weight.

• viofem likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

#48 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:54 AM

Woke up feeling hungry and empty again (after sleeping like a log) and this time I saw 119.1 on the scale. Happy happy. Proceeded to eat the world's largest breakfast even though I am having lunch with my dad in about two hours *cries* Not sure how lunch will go since I'm stuffed ... 

• thinstrument and sweetdaisy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

#49 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:47 AM

Thank you for the welcome 😊.

Today is my first day of trying to sort myself out/accountability. As it's Wednesday (I'm going to try and only weigh on Wednesday's and Saturday's) my weight this morning was 127 lbs (9st 1lb).

Had the day off work today and went for a 6 mile run lunchtime. This burned 567 calories, but will be undone by teatime as I promised the children I'd cook a roast dinner. Therefore, I'll probably end up doing a Rebounder workout later this evening to make up for the roast dinner.

#50 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2835 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 10 March 2021 - 11:50 AM

I absolutely have to count calories, at least loosely.  CICO has been the only thing that consistently works for me.  I can foil IF and any other eating system by stuffing my face (#champion) LoL

• viofem and sweetdaisy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#51 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:08 PM

I absolutely have to count calories, at least loosely. CICO has been the only thing that consistently works for me. I can foil IF and any other eating system by stuffing my face (#champion) LoL

I have a rough idea of the calories in the foods I eat, but I don't keep a note of every single thing I eat. I guess I don't because I'm worried that I'll get obsessed with it and once I start I won't be able to stop.

#52 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1026 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:39 PM

I have to count calories.  I am not crazy about it though.  I used to count calories for toothpaste and mouthwash.  I don't count the calories in splenda or almond milk for my coffee anymore. But everything else, yes.

• sweetdaisy likes this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

#53 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2835 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:31 PM

I don't count mustard and dill pickle relish....or hot sauce.

So there's that lol

Also don't count black coffee? 

• viofem and sweetdaisy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#54 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1026 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:51 PM

I don't count vinegar either.

• thinstrument and sweetdaisy like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

#55 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:37 PM

Gosh, I think I may need to start counting, maybe that's why my weight is not shifting and I'm massively underestimating my calorie intake.

I'll log back into my MFP account tomorrow and see how I go.

I have a Garmin GPS smartwatch and I aim to burn around 700 active calories per day and over 2,000 per day total calories (active & resting).

#56 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:24 PM

I am trying a "recovery" type thing where I stopped logging my calories and I've been listening to lots of stop binge eating podcasts and have dug back out my "brain over binge workbook". 

I've been having issues with metallic taste in my mouth going on over a month now as well as fatigue issues (and yes I have had 2 covid tests that were both negative) so I don't know medically what is wrong with me but it's messing around with my normal regular suffering and throwing me for a loop. I literally do not have the energy to deal with my usual ED self loathing while having to deal with this medical thing and also my hours have been reduced at work so financially I'm on the skids.

So I'm trying a different approach to see what happens. The worst that could come from it is I gain 5 pounds back, at best I might finally learn to control my binge urges.

• thinstrument, Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this
Spoiler

#57 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 12:29 AM

Gosh, I think I may need to start counting, maybe that's why my weight is not shifting and I'm massively underestimating my calorie intake.

I'll log back into my MFP account tomorrow and see how I go.

I have a Garmin GPS smartwatch and I aim to burn around 700 active calories per day and over 2,000 per day total calories (active & resting).

If counting calories makes you feel obsessive, another option might be to count weekly calories. I have heard some people do that, and I always thought that seemed like a good idea. (Because after all, one day of being in a surplus or a deficit won't amount to a hill of beans, it's the weekly and monthly deficits that get results.) Just a random thought ... I hope you find something that works!

Ortho athlete

40+

#58 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 12:32 AM

Weight this morning was back up to 122. Bah. I am still mostly doing protein, except the frozen berry/greek yogurt I made tonight to share with the hubs. Why?? I'm having that pity party where I think I need to starve myself and be miserable to see results... not the way I really wanted to go about it. 

• sweetdaisy likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

#59 over40

over40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 March 2021 - 12:42 AM

Not the way I wanted to go about it either but I shouldn’t have stepped on the scales one week before my period. I gained weight and felt guilty and worthless and ugly and fat bla-bla-bla. Restricting more as a KIND punishment. Because I considered stuffing my face with carbs... Let’s hope the moment passes.
  • shannie and sweetdaisy like this

#60 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 09:00 AM

120 on the nose this morning ... hoping to see some consistent 'teen' numbers soon. 

• shannie likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users