How does CS change the weight of food? - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How does CS change the weight of food?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cheddar

cheddar

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:14 PM

So this is something that I’ve been wondering about. Today I tried weighing my food before and after cs and weighing my cup beforehand. Whenever I do this my cs food ends up weighing more after I finish the session. Like I just cs’d the steak I had for dinner. I didn’t use paper towels and I tried to spit the juice somewhere else. My steak weighed 243g when it was whole and when I was done it weighed 311g (not including the cup weight). I assume that this extra weight would be from spit but it makes it hard to still calculate if I swallowed any of the food. Yeah, my teeth got some food stuck so obviously I didn’t consume 0 calories but it does make it mighty hard to calculate how much I’m consuming. I still counted it as 15% but even then I’m paranoid I should count it as 50%.
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5'2

HW: 145

CW: 102.4

(next) GW: 100

#2 impmon

impmon

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11178 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:18 PM

fats start your bile production, which the meat would then absorb.

5'3 / bmi 12.whatever / hikikomori

pls no bullytwitter / fat fucking ego

0e85f646e50bb3d3afd6072a4076e3591c4e2c10

if i'm ever mean, i'm just schizoid and don't know how to communicate. call me out.

#3 cheddar

cheddar

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:21 PM

fats start your bile production, which the meat would then absorb.

Is that in the small intestine? If I remember right, sugars are the only thing that start being absorbed in the mouth. Sorry if this seems stupid, my brain is foggy and I’m paranoid

• NoFlyBy likes this

5'2

HW: 145

CW: 102.4

(next) GW: 100

#4 ilovethegym

ilovethegym

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:42 AM

It’ll be saliva, when you bite into food it begins to absorb the liquid in your mouth and that helps to break down the food to allow you to swallow. So even if you spit the liquid out, the food itself likely absorbs some too.

I wouldn’t panic too much, if you’re absorbing anything from your mouth or accidental swallowing it’ll be negligible
  • cheddar likes this
Spoiler

accountability

tumblr_inline_o9aoelzNQU1reem51_100.png

#5 GothGhoulfriend

GothGhoulfriend

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:20 AM

Is that in the small intestine? If I remember right, sugars are the only thing that start being absorbed in the mouth. Sorry if this seems stupid, my brain is foggy and I’m paranoid

Not even sugars are absorbed in the mouth, actually! Digestion does start in the mouth, and we do release enzymes that will BREAK DOWN sugars in the mouth, making them easier to accidentally swallow. Absorption, however, still only occurs in the small intestine!
  • BonNuit, cheddar and -crunchy like this
F/24/UW
Sodium slut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users