Is this diet possible? - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Is this diet possible?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeinatedBones

CaffeinatedBones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationBurlington County, NJ

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:51 AM

Is a low carb, low fat pescatarian diet possible? Ideally, I think I would like my carb intake to be the lowest, then my fat, then my protein to be the highest out of the ratio.  I don't eat meat and I eat fish, eggs, and cheese a few times a week.  I'm unfortunately used to a high carb and fat diet which makes it difficult for me to feel satisfied with the opposite and it usually ends in a binge.  Are there meal plans for this anyone's seen? I've done so many searches, but none of them seem to suit me.  I'm also looking for savory breakfast meals that are more than just eggs or cheese thanks!

๐“—๐“ฒ! ๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“š๐“ช๐“ฝ.  

๐“˜ ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป (๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐”‚/๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ถ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ผ).

๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ: 167๐“ฌ๐“ถ/5'6๐“ฏ๐“ฝ

๐“’๐“ฆ: ๐Ÿท
๐“ค๐“–๐“ฆ: 45๐“ด๐“ฐ/100๐“ต๐“ซ๐“ผ

#2 ThatOneCrazyBitch

ThatOneCrazyBitch

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:30 PM

That sounds like a recipe for rabbit starvation, when you're eating enough calories but it's mostly protein so the nutritional defects do bad things to the body and if it goes on long enough dying.

Just my 2 cents, I can't tell you what to do or anything like that, but I personally wouldn't do it.

Good luck on your goals!
Hw- 169.6 BMI- 27.8
Cw- 149 BMI- 24.4
Lw- 111 BMI- 18.2

Gw1- 160 BMI- 26.2 leggings
Gw2- 150 BMI- 24.6 New jeans
Gw3- 140 BMI-22.9 New sweater
Gw4- 130 BMI- 21.3 New make-up
Gw5- 120 BMI- 19.7 New lingerie
Ugw- 110 BMI- 18.0 New jeans

#3 germsosse

germsosse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 06:47 AM

I am used to a high carb low fat diet aswell. But now I changed to a low carb diet and I feel perfetly fine. Fat satisfies me a lot and I donโ€˜t even feel the urge to binge, wheareas when I was esting high carb I could eat aaall the time and never felt full.

#4 fraymagic

fraymagic

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Locationright behind you!

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:31 AM

If you go low carb low fat your protein will be very high and give you all kinds of health problems. Including weight gain, cancer and kidney problems. You can Google it.

Aim for low carb high fat or high carb low fat and on both moderate protein and you'll loose weight in no time

You can't wake up

#5 LittleLexi

LittleLexi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:30 AM

I wouldnt recommend combining low carb AND low fat
  • not_my_body likes this

~Laura Lexi~

Height: 5'9.5" (176 cm)

HW: 130lbs (BMI 19.1)

LW: 82lbs

CW: 82lbs (BMI 12.1)

#6 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5716 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:08 PM

What about low carb, moderate fat, high protein?

Just 2 lows and a high sounds a bit too extreme.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#7 Blackcoffee_xo

Blackcoffee_xo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:58 AM

Iโ€™m going to say no. I think you need to pick a side - either low fat, or low carb, you canโ€™t scrimp on both. Your body uses either fat for fuel (in ketosis), or carbs (glucose aka sugar). Lacking both is just a recipe for disaster imo. But keeping one of them low is a great option, if you go low fat, but arenโ€™t losing any weight, try reduce your protein intake as if thatโ€™s too high, it causes a plateau xx

#8 lipstick diet

lipstick diet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:23 PM

iโ€™d say focus on getting better fat in
like, you can pan fry an entire trout or mackerel and eat it with veggies and/or some sauce of your choice and you will be full and all of those fats are super good for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users