Slimfast accountability - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Slimfast accountability

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:46 AM

Hey guys, 

So I used to be a pretty regular member here back in the day when I was a slim jim. 

I am, however, now a big chonk of a gal. 

I'm starting slimfast today and hoping to keep it up for four/five months. 
I thought I'd post a little thread cos the support from this community can be so bless <3

Sw/Cw: 204lbs *Cries in 2020*

Gw: 147lbs 

To lose : 57lbs

8/02/21 - 204

15/03/21 - 197.8

22/03/21 - 197.6

29/03/21 - 194.8

5/04/21 - 194

12/04/21 - 191.2

17/04/21 - 194.4

I will be weighing myself once a week on Monday mornings but I will try posting here every day to say how the day went  !! 

Wish me luck and feel free to join me!

• thelittledaffodil, Acupofhotwater, blinkingstar and 1 other like this

#2 Natashalou

Natashalou

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:03 AM

Good luck. I am "sort of" on Slimfast...trying 2 shakes a day and one VLC meal. Not hungry but boredom eat! I too was here more often when I was slimmer...slowly ballooned from 117 to 143!! 

• hummusforever likes this

Tomorrow I aim to be less than I am today

#3 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:16 PM

Good luck. I am "sort of" on Slimfast...trying 2 shakes a day and one VLC meal. Not hungry but boredom eat! I too was here more often when I was slimmer...slowly ballooned from 117 to 143!! 

Yeah I'm such a boredom eater too. I've gained like 70lbs and I'm so unhappy with it so I'm hoping I find the motivation. Recently quit drinking so hopefully that helps. 

#4 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:53 AM

Sooo its been good so far. 

Day one, I had a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and then I made some lentil soup for dinner. 

That day was 1078 calories in total. 

I also walked around four miles and drank tonnes of water. 

Day two, yesterday, I had my shake for breakfast and shake for lunch. I had pasta with chickpeas and veggies for dinner. 

That was 1125 calories total. 

I also walked four miles after dinner and did an hour of intense housework in the day. 

Just about to have my morning shake and its raining today so I might do a home workout. 

#5 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:36 AM

Soo yesterday I was a little bad 

I had my shakes for breakfast and lunch and then had a dinner of sweet potato and veggies with some peas. 

Then my friend came over and she'd bought me some snacks and I ate them. 

My calories overall were 1204 - still a good deficit but I wanted a big first week. 

I went for the same four mile walk after dinner. 

Halfway through the week and I'm tempted to get on the scales but I'm definitely going to wait until Monday because I want to (hopefully) see a decent loss to drive me onward. 

#6 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:08 AM

So yesterday was not as good a day. 

I had my two shakes in the morning and then went for a walk - a little less than usual maybe 3 miles total. 

Then I had rice, beans and veg for dinner which was good. It was a little over 400 calories

but then I snacked on some vegan cheese and crackers in the evening. 

My total was 1454 which is still a deficit but I don't want to fall into the trap of a little more here and there each day. 

Gonna try have a better day today so I can lose some of those extra calories I had yesterday, but since I'm planning to do this for a few months at least it's not the end of the world. 

#7 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 09:08 AM

So yesterday was better. 

I had my two shakes in the morning and I mixed them with a hand blender and oh deary me they were soooo much better. 

I knew I was gonna want the vegan cheese and biscuits again so I factored that in and had a low cal dinner of tofu and stir fry veg then had two crackers and one slice of violife. 

My total was 1040 which keeps me around 1200 average for the week which at this point and with this much to lose, I am happy with. 

Only went for a ten minute walk but I spent a large part of the day building furniture and moving my living room around so wasn't super lazy either. 

#8 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 12:42 PM

Yesterday was a naughty day. 

I had my two shakes as per. 

But then my friend bought some vegan pastries and I had one. 

Then I had a big bowl of risotto for dinner. 

I ended on 1486 calories which is still a deficit at my weight but not ideal. 

I had a twenty minute walk and also did a bunch of housework. 

#9 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:00 AM

Yesterday was okay. 

Had my two shakes. 

Then Had a dinner of tofu and vegetables. Then a couple of crackers and some vegan cheese. 

I ended on 1135 

I went for two short walks but was otherwise a bit lazy. 

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 6.2lbs ! I know the first week always is more so I'm hoping that I can still get 2/3lbs off this week. Gonna start doing home workouts.

#10 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:15 AM

Yesterday was pre good

Had a shake for breakfast, then a meal for lunch - lentils, brown rice and veggies, then a shake for dinner. 

Ended on 995 

Started the day with an online workout which was kinda fun. 

Feeling good and sleeping well. 

#11 Acupofhotwater

Acupofhotwater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:13 AM

Hi. I’d love to join you. I’m using the powder version in almond milk. So it’s 230 cals total.

Right now I’m trying to start slow so I’m replacing breakfast or lunch with the shake and then having a snack of fruit or nuts if I get hungry. My only real meal is dinner and I’m going to stay under 1000 calories a day.

#12 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:37 AM

Yesterday was goood, I was feeling a little emotional so wanted to eat but refrained. 

I had one shake in the afternoon, then a friend came over and I snacked on some crisps so I didn't have a second shake. 

I had tofu and veggies for dinner and ended on 1111 calories. 

I got a little walk in but nothing major since I'm studying really hard at the moment, will try get a walk in today though. 

#13 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:38 AM

Yaaas feel free. I use the powder version with water, its alright. 

I'm a little higher on the cals than you but probably look to get to under 1000 when I've adjusted to the diet a bit more.

Welcome :)

Hi. I’d love to join you. I’m using the powder version in almond milk. So it’s 230 cals total.

Right now I’m trying to start slow so I’m replacing breakfast or lunch with the shake and then having a snack of fruit or nuts if I get hungry. My only real meal is dinner and I’m going to stay under 1000 calories a day.

#14 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 07:26 AM

Yesterday started well. 

I decided just to have one shake since I had one made up from the day before and have a slightly bigger dinner. 

I had noodles with tofu and veg for dinner. 

I went to a friends for drinks, I just had sparkling water, but seeing them all drink cans and cans of calories made me like huh. 
So long story short, I had some snacks when I got home. 

I ended up on 1342 for the day, which is still a deficit but just not that big ol deficit I was hoping for. 

Did burn calories on the walk there and back at least though!

#15 Acupofhotwater

Acupofhotwater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 10:46 PM

Having the willpower to only drink sparkling water isgood too! I got to watch my husband eat fried chicken for dinner. 😭 but I managed to resist and ate a nice salad instead.

Didn’t stay under 1000 today but I did yesterday. Overall I’m doing ok so far. None of the sugar cravings slim fast is supposed to trigger either. I’m not great at restricting for more than a few days at a time so I hope I can keep this up.

#16 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:23 AM

We all gotta start somewhere !! I don't have sugar cravings either which is good!! Also I feel like my skin and nails are looking healthier I guess cos of all the added vitamins. I normally fail at losing weight lol that's how I got here but I am motivated !!

Having the willpower to only drink sparkling water isgood too! I got to watch my husband eat fried chicken for dinner. but I managed to resist and ate a nice salad instead.

Didn’t stay under 1000 today but I did yesterday. Overall I’m doing ok so far. None of the sugar cravings slim fast is supposed to trigger either. I’m not great at restricting for more than a few days at a time so I hope I can keep this up.

#17 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:25 AM

Yesterday was not a great day. 

I had the slimfast shakes instead of the other brand I use 

then I had a v low cal dinner of lentils but then I felt hungry and ended up snacking on crackers and vegan cheese. I'm not buying these things anymore because its becoming a bad habit. 

Ended on 1513 which isn't the end of the world but I wanna shift a lot of weight this first month so need to do better.

Did a bunch of squats and had two twenty minute walks

#18 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:10 AM

Yesterday was a pretty good day 

I had two shakes, I was kinda hungry and finished them early in the day so I was kinda worried I would snack but I didn't. 

For dinner I had some noodles and tofu

I ended on 898 calories which is so much better than what I've been achieving and what I want to start coming down too more regularly. 

Took a short walk but not really enough exercise.

#19 Acupofhotwater

Acupofhotwater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:12 PM

About 1200 yesterday as a guesstimate. I’m starting to lose my resolve a bit and got a caprese and pesto sandwich from Publix deli. It said 400 cals but it had soooo much oil it had to be more. Whatever I’m still on track.

About to go make myself another shake for dinner since I’m pretty close to 1000 cals today and don’t want to go over again.

#20 hummusforever

hummusforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:55 PM

About 1200 yesterday as a guesstimate. I’m starting to lose my resolve a bit and got a caprese and pesto sandwich from Publix deli. It said 400 cals but it had soooo much oil it had to be more. Whatever I’m still on track.

About to go make myself another shake for dinner since I’m pretty close to 1000 cals today and don’t want to go over again.

That's good! How are you feeling on it? I'm lucky that we're still in lockdown here so I don't have as much temptation. Weekends are definitely hard though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users