Anyone else gained during chocolate mono? - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone else gained during chocolate mono?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nohopeforme

Nohopeforme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:11 AM

I've tried chocolate mono twice and nutella mono once but I've quit each time fairly early because of weight gain. First time chocolate mono I maintained after the first day and gained 0.3kg the next and quit. The second time I admittedly drank diet coke and gained 0.7kg after first day and quit. I tried nutella mono recently and maintained after first day and quit. It just seems odd cause everyone's had good results with it and I really doubt all these people would be lying. I ate around 2000-2500kcal like I've read many have on their mono days. I'm not trying to scare anyone who won't try it in account of being scared of gaining but I want to know if I'm honestly the only one who it doesn't work on. It obviously has some effect because when I tried nutella mono I ate over 3000kcal and still maintained but was pretty disappointed when people said they lost 0.5kg-1kg after the first day. My bmi is in the obese category so there's that too. I didn't put anything else in my mouth but plain milk chocolate, water and meds and toothpaste in the evening after three hours of not eating before going to sleep. I just... what the hell?
  • toastyegg likes this

~ stay safe & love yourself xx

#2 ૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

tiny fairy

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3065 posts
  • Location𝐁𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:22 AM

well, chocolate is rlly unhealthy, and if it's all you eat for several days, you might gain

i'd say if u wanna do a sweet mono, j do a fruit (apple, banana, strawberry) mono :]]

original.gif

773427w34lc9wivu.gif

#3 Nohopeforme

Nohopeforme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:27 AM

well, chocolate is rlly unhealthy, and if it's all you eat for several days, you might gain
i'd say if u wanna do a sweet mono, j do a fruit (apple, banana, strawberry) mono :]]

Yeah I was aware of how unhealthy it was I just figured when so many people here had good results that it would be good for me to get through this diet and hopefully get so sick of chocolate I didn't want to eat it ever again since it's a big trigger food for me. Mono diets aren't really my thing even though I have lost on 3 day rice mono and 3 day apple mono but dunno. Was just hoping it would kick me out of binging cause I'm not planning to do it ever again if it worked. Was just asking about personal experiences.

~ stay safe & love yourself xx

#4 pandavamp

pandavamp

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:58 AM

I'm currently doing a 3 day white chocolate mono, on day 3 now. I lost 2.6lbs in the first 2 days so hopefully will lose 3.5-4lbs overall once I'm finished.

I did start the mono at quite a high weight though (178.8lbs starting) which probably helped my loss. I also had 200-250g per day which was about 1000-1500 calories each day, so well below my TDEE.
I didn't aim to limit calories whilst doing it but as it's white choc it's so sweet I couldn't face having more than that.

'Cause you only live forever in the lights you make
When we were young we used to say
That you only hear the music when your heart begins to break
Now we are the kids from yesterday

Height: 5ft 6' | HW: 198 | LW: 120 | CW: 175.2 | EDNOS
GW1: 180 | GW2: 170 | GW3: 160 | GW4: 150 |
GW5: 140 | GW6: 130 | GW7: 120 | UGW: 112

My Accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users