Huel Black diet | 400 calories | 6 week plan | completed - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Huel Black diet | 400 calories | 6 week plan | completed

Huel Meal Replacement Huel black 400 calories

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:03 PM

2a14e2965ade1abadc7d268dc2d0ec5e.jpg

Huel is a meal replacement powder/mixture. This specific variant is higher protein lower carbs than the OG version, and is to be consumed cold and drank through a shaker. It is not diet food, more nutritionally balanced servings for people who don't have time to cook themselves. Just google the name if you're more interested in the specific details of the product.

Hello! This is my second time on a Huel diet, I just finished a very successful 3 weeks of eating Huel Hot & Savoury (a solid, hot version of Huel) which you can read about here if you're interested. Each serving is 400 calories. This time I'm shooting for 6 weeks. It's ambitious but I am committed to weight loss and I feel this is the safest way for me to low restrict. I'll be doing daily updates in this thread just like I did in my old one, about the taste of it but also just about what I'm up to and my general feelings on my progress. If you are interested in Huel you can get £10 off using this link and I will also get £10 off my next order! (People asked me about it in my last thread so I'm including the link again here, i'm not trying to sell you stuff lol).

This is the plan!

Monday: Huel (400 cals)

Tuesday: Huel (400 cals)

Wednesday: (Huel 400 cals) 

Thursday: Huel (400 cals)

Friday: Huel (400 cals)

Saturday: 500 cals (non Huel, whatever i'm in the mood for that day. But can be Huel if I want it to be.)

Sunday: 1000 cals (non Huel, reset day with chicken, potatoes and vegetables)

Start Weight: 197.6

Rules:

• I am allowed to have a non Huel snack twice a week within 100 calories, though will generally try my best not to. 
  • If I get excessively dizzy, faint or generally very unwell, I will take another 400 calorie serving. This didn't happen on the last plan though, so I don't expect it will happen on this one. 
  • I'm not counting things with very small calorie amounts (think black coffee, diet coke, gum, spices)
  • I don't live alone, so inevitably there could be some weekends in which I get taken to eat somewhere and I will have to agree as to remain unsuspicious. However, I will do everything I can to remain in the 500 calorie ballpark if this does happen. 

Wish me luck! <3

• Sasha_Ascendant and babyanimals like this

#2 babyanimals

babyanimals

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 04:21 PM

How do you not get sick of this? I want to ease in and do two shakes and one meal a day with another brand but I’m afraid of getting sick of it.
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#3 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:10 AM

How do you not get sick of this? I want to ease in and do two shakes and one meal a day with another brand but I’m afraid of getting sick of it.

I totally get what you mean, there's definitely a huge element of boredom involved on plans like these. I just try to keep myself distracted by thinking of my future goals, saving for my holiday, changing up the taste a little by adding small things.

#4 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:24 AM

Day One

March 15th, 2021.

Weight: 197.6

Intake: 600 cals

• Huel Black Salted Caramel (400 cals)
  • 2 Crumpets (100 cals each)

Well, the first day of this started about as disastrously as it could have. If you were reading my previous thread, you may have recalled that I went for my COVID vaccine early on Sunday morning. Well.... last night I woke up at 2am with EXTREME chills, my entire body was shaking and my teeth were chattering. My body felt warm to the touch, but all I could feel was cold. Within 5 minutes I had become extremely nauseous and had to run to the bathroom and throw up. The cold didn't go away for another 30 minutes, but I managed to sleep until 4:30am.... where I woke up and threw up again.... then 7:30am.... where I woke up and threw up AGAIN. I am extremely exhausted and weak. If the vaccine makes me feel this bad, I can't even imagine how bad COVID must feel. 

Needless to say that I didn't weigh this morning because I was drinking water all night and praying I wouldn't pass out. I also had to eat some crumpets, because it got to the point where I honestly was starting to fear I'd need to go to hospital.  I'm currently drinking my Huel now, the salted caramel version, and I have to say it is very difficult for me to drink. It feels like I am drinking sickly sweet porridge. I'm taking it slow and just going for sips now and then but I definitely think i'm not going to get along with this version of Huel as well as I got along with the Hot & Savoury one. I'll have the chocolate one I ordered tomorrow, then start experimenting with adding things to improve the taste. It's not that it's necessarily bad, it's just that the amount of it that is in even one portion is so much.... and when a drink has this weird artificial sweet taste, it makes it very difficult to finish. I hope I can come back with some more positive updates tomorrow, sorry for the downer post!

#5 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:38 AM

Day Two

March 16th, 2021.

Weight: 196.8 (-0.8)

Intake: 400 cals

• Huel Black: Chocolate (400 cals)

I feel a lot better today, thank god! I actually slept through almost all of yesterday I was so sick, think I was awake for 3 hours max out of the whole day. Slept through all of the night too, i've never slept this much in my life. I'm liking the taste of the chocolate version a LOT more, there's no horrible artificial sweet taste in this one. It's like drinking a light oat milkshake and I think it will be much more sustainable to drink for me. Mind you, I was so fucked up yesterday that it could have just been my tastebuds were ruined. It took me about 2 hours of little sips to drink yesterdays Huel, today I drank it in about 5 minutes.

I'm kind of surprised there's any weight loss on the scale to be honest. Yeah i did throw up a lot, but yesterday I was drinking easy 3 x the amount of water I usually would. I'm glad though, it's been super disheartening to have maintained for a few days then gotten really sick.

• mr robot and yawaworht like this

#6 princess peach

princess peach

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1367 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:48 AM

Omgggg so it has 2 b a typo or I’m reading wrong but u lost that much weight in 1 day???!!!
  • DIETTEARS likes this

152179h4qroi8q2b.gif                   

♥ height: 5'0

♥ sw:132

cw:118

♥ gw1:120

♥ gw2:115

♥ gw3:110

♥ gw4:105

♥ gw5:100

♥ gw6:95

♥ ugw:85

#7 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:19 AM

Oh gosh no it was a typo ahaha, i wish D: sorry i'm still pretty out of it from being sick yesterday, fixed it now. Thanks for pointing it out!

Omgggg so it has 2 b a typo or I’m reading wrong but u lost that much weight in 1 day???!!!

#8 princess peach

princess peach

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1367 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:36 PM

No worries I was just about to be like whatever that huel stuff is I need it ASAP 😂 but regardless u r doing great and keep it up!!!
  • DIETTEARS likes this

152179h4qroi8q2b.gif                   

♥ height: 5'0

♥ sw:132

cw:118

♥ gw1:120

♥ gw2:115

♥ gw3:110

♥ gw4:105

♥ gw5:100

♥ gw6:95

♥ ugw:85

#9 kissmyabs

kissmyabs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1839 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:57 AM

why have I only found this now? I'm following for sure! 

• DIETTEARS likes this
not thin enough for ana. not clean enough for ortho.

BMI 23 22 21 20 19 maintenance

trying to get better

1800 cal accountability:

#10 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:44 AM

Day Three

March 17th, 2021.

Weight: 198 (+1.2)

• Huel Black: Salted Caramel (400 cals)

Ok so this tastes a looooot better now lol. I guess me being ill really was throwing the taste off because I don't pick up that sickly sweet taste I was talking about at all anymore. I finished the whole thing in 5 minutes again, I have to say this stuff sucks in comparison to the Hot & Savoury line when it comes to filling you up. I feel just as hungry as I did before drinking it, maybe even more so. 

But uh, what the fuck is going on with my weight?! I wake up this morning feeling pretty positive that i'd be seeing some decent loss, I felt like I wasn't bloated and had been hydrating well. Then I see i'm up 1.2 pounds... nothing quite ruins my mood more than it being a gain day. I'm going to go back to what I always do on days like this; Take a hot bath, do my nails, clean my living space, relax and try to calm down. I've found it helps a lot to be extra kind to yourself when your first instinct is to panic and punish yourself from a gain. It's stopped me from rushing to food as a comfort. I'm just hoping this is my body adjusting to the new source of food.  

• kissmyabs and ch0bz like this

#11 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:02 PM

Day Four

March 18th, 2021.

Weight: 197.4 (-0.6)

Well.... at least i'm losing again?

My hunger is so bad right now, bleugh. I'm missing Hot & Savoury Huel already. I'm really hoping it changes after a week or so and I get used to it. I tried the pumpkin spice flavour packet today and it just tasted like i'd added cinnamon tbh. I was losing at such a steady rate before, getting sick and having my weight fluctuate like this has really kicked my motivation down. I'm slowly building it back though. Feeling a lot better after cleaning my room and doing some decluttering, more like I have a grasp on my life again. 

I've also noticed that no matter how much I shake it and for how long, there's inevitably a little lump of the mixture at the bottom of my shaker everyday. It definitely mixes and smoothes out a lot better if you leave it in the fridge overnight, else it's just like drinking a very poorly mixed protein shake. 

All these little worries are silly tbh. I am still well on track to get to my mini GW by summer so I just need to stop being negative and suck it up :P

• mr robot likes this

#12 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 March 2021 - 06:47 AM

Day Five

March 19th, 2021.

Weight: 197.8 (+0.4)

This has got to be some kind of sick joke  :wacko:  How on earth does someone who is just below 200 pounds gain on 400 calories a day?! I'm running out of reasons to tell myself to relax lol. I guess I haven't had a bowel movement since like.... Tuesday, it could be that? I also did just have three weeks of consistent rapid weight loss on the Huel plan before this so maybe my body is still... adjusting? I'm looking for anything to tell myself at this point because I'm getting super disheartened. My energy levels are fine at the minute, still have hunger/cravings though and it's very hard to distinguish between them.

Tomorrow and the day after are my solid food days. I'm really hoping they help things move along in my system, even if I do see a slight gain from them initially. I just want this week to be over so i can pretend it never happened  :D

• ch0bz likes this

#13 yawaworht

yawaworht

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:15 AM

Day Five

March 19th, 2021.

Weight: 197.8 (+0.4)

This has got to be some kind of sick joke  :wacko:  How on earth does someone who is just below 200 pounds gain on 400 calories a day?! I'm running out of reasons to tell myself to relax lol. I guess I haven't had a bowel movement since like.... Tuesday, it could be that? I also did just have three weeks of consistent rapid weight loss on the Huel plan before this so maybe my body is still... adjusting? I'm looking for anything to tell myself at this point because I'm getting super disheartened. My energy levels are fine at the minute, still have hunger/cravings though and it's very hard to distinguish between them.

Tomorrow and the day after are my solid food days. I'm really hoping they help things move along in my system, even if I do see a slight gain from them initially. I just want this week to be over so i can pretend it never happened  :D

You're probably right re: no bm as well as your solid food days (can see them helping in the long run)! Try not to let it get you down - the week's nearly over and you've stuck at it really well :) Do you drink coffee/green tea? That may help with constipation at least. Wishing you luck!

• DIETTEARS likes this

Height: 5'2" / 157cm

CW: 45kg (31.03.21)

GW: 40kg

Accountability

Purge free since: 29/03/21

#14 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:00 AM

You're probably right re: no bm as well as your solid food days (can see them helping in the long run)! Try not to let it get you down - the week's nearly over and you've stuck at it really well :) Do you drink coffee/green tea? That may help with constipation at least. Wishing you luck!

Thanks for the kind words  :wub:  I do drink coffee but only one cup a day, going to try to drink more tea and water as I know i'm not drinking as much as I could

• yawaworht likes this

#15 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2021 - 10:34 AM

Day Six

March 20th 2021.

Weight: 198.4 (+0.6)

Intake: 403 cals

• McChicken Sandwich (388 cals)
  • Side Salad (15 cals)

My father is dieting too, and at the minute he goes to Mcdonalds on Saturdays as a weekly treat to himself. I'll probably be tagging along for most of this plan because hell, I could use something to look forward to as well. I know it's not the most healthy option in the world, but neither is eating 400 calories a day lol. The temptation to get fries was unreal, but I forced myself to stay strong and stick within the calorie limit.

This weight gain though... I'm starting to wonder if I should just avoid the scale until I have a BM. I definitely could be doing more to help move things along; going to force myself to drink more water and tea from now on. I'm starting to even think about laxatives, but pushing that thought out of my mind as much as I can. I used them a little last year and they really fucked me up for quite a while, I don't want to go back there. 

Idk, if I don't see improvements next week I'm going to reconsider this.

• mr robot and ch0bz like this

#16 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:23 AM

Day Seven

March 21st, 2021.

Weight: 197.6 (-0.8)

Intake: 940 cals

• Mediterranean Vegetables (60 cals)
  • Baby potatoes with cinnamon (400 cals)
  • Chicken Breast (160 cals)
  • White wine & Cream Sauce (160)
  • Coconut Milk (160)

I'm very fortunate in that my father makes the same meal every week on a Sunday, so I'm able to look at the calories on the packaging while he is out. I round the calories up just to be sure, because I don't really see him cook it and don't, of course know the exact portion sizes he uses. Honestly I wish he gave the coconut milk a miss, he uses it to thin out the sauce but I find it unnecessary and just empty calories. And he tends to go overboard with the potatoes. But I can't complain at getting a free, tasty, filling and actually healthy meal every week. 

So... I appear to be back at the exact weight I was last Sunday. A little bittersweet but at least i'm not heavier? Let's hope I keep losing from this point onwards. I'm going to buy some natural laxative teas and drink a lot more water. Honestly I was expecting to have 'gained' today, because I drank a LOT of water yesterday yet still didn't have a BM, but I guess not. It's crazy because I did a little research and many people report the reverse problem that i'm having; aka, that Huel makes them go to the toilet more often. I guess i'm not drinking enough of it to get that effect.

A friend of mine just bought a new blender and is offering her old one to me, so i'm hoping that will improve the texture of Huel. No matter how much I shake it, it's still chunky to me and there's always some of it kinda... congealed at the bottom of the shaker. They do say that the consistency tastes infinitely better when blended, and tbh it doesn't taste bad now, so I'm anticipating that eagerly.

• savingsarah, kissmyabs, mr robot and 1 other like this

#17 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 March 2021 - 12:13 PM

Day Eight

March 22nd, 2021.

Weight: 196.8 (-0.8)

Intake: 440 cals

• Blueberries (40 cals)

I'm feeling a sense of deja vu here  :D back at 196.8. Well at least i'm losing. I did have a BM last night, thank god, but it was pretty small and uh definitely not the majority of the food in my system. And the volume of all those potatoes I ate was so much, I honestly was expecting to still be retaining water weight today from the meal I ate last night. Maybe it will show up tomorrow? Who knows. Gah, I hate water weight so much. It constantly has me stressing over it instead of actually focusing on the weight loss. When I tell you eating that meal after a week of liquid calories was heavenly, I can't express it enough. I think I laid on my bed in a food coma for about 2 hours. I felt so unbelievably full for once, almost to the point of discomfort.

Put some frozen blueberries in my huel and it was really nice, though I had to take the lid off while I drank it because they were getting stuck in it, and things got quite messy. I'm already feeling a sense of impending dread at the prospect of another week of liquid food but i'm trying to stay positive : ) it really does taste quite nice, it just seems to do nothing to curb my hunger.

• ch0bz likes this

#18 Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:16 PM

Just read through your Hot and Savory thread and I love it! I've had half eaten bags of the drink Huel in my cupboard for a while now... and I'm just about convinced I should try Hot and Savory instead. The drink just doesn't do it for me (and makes my stomach a little upset if I'm honest... )

Btw it's random, but I also have dyscalculia. I've never met anyone else with it!
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#19 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:32 AM

Just read through your Hot and Savory thread and I love it! I've had half eaten bags of the drink Huel in my cupboard for a while now... and I'm just about convinced I should try Hot and Savory instead. The drink just doesn't do it for me (and makes my stomach a little upset if I'm honest... )

Btw it's random, but I also have dyscalculia. I've never met anyone else with it!

Ah i'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah my experience on that was entirely different to the one i'm having now, this is definitely a lot more tough. My BMs were super regular on Hot & Savoury too, I think when I'm done with this plan I'll take a little break from Huel but still incorporate some Hot & Savoury in my week.

And woah! Yeah I have a suspicion that a lot more people have it than is actually reported, i didn't get the diagnosis until I was 22 by which point it was too late to be of any use to me D:.

• Dr Pepper likes this

#20 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:40 AM

Day Nine

March 23rd, 2021.

Weight: 195.8 (-1)

I'm so lowkey traumatised by last weeks weight gain fiesta that I'm suspicious of actual weight loss now haha. Still, it's so nice to finally be below 197! I put some instant coffee in my huel today with some ice cubes and convinced myself it was a very oaty frappe :)

The hunger is getting slightly better.... when I mean slightly, I mean "oh I can just about tolerate the gnawing in my stomach", whereas before it was "oh my god I am so hungry all i can think about is food". Looking at my weightloss spreadsheet, theoretically if i continued to lose 0.8 every day, I could get to 190 by the end of the month. I know it's kinda unlikely, but if I could get to at least 192 or even 191 it would be awesome. 

Last year, before I had a bad binge relapse, I got to 183. I was very sick then, abusing laxatives a lot, doing 7 day fasts, it was generally a bad time. Instead of thinking about all the positives of losing weight and using that as motivation, my motivation was found by degrading and hating myself, telling myself that i didn't deserve to eat. I'm trying to be more relaxed and 'healthier' this time around; back then my 500 calories a day consisted of chocolate and sweets. For the most part I feel much better restricting low now than I did then, but I keep getting thoughts like "oh, i could fix this if i fasted" "if i took some laxatives this problem would go away"... I don't want to get back into that mentality because I know where it leads me. This is why I'm set on just giving myself a bit of a break at the weekends and generally trying to keep my positivity and optimism high. It took a dip last week and I felt myself slipping back into that negative hole. I don't want to get back to the point where I am completely scared of eating anything at all.

Ah i'm ranting a little, sorry :D

• ch0bz and Dr Pepper like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Huel, Meal Replacement, Huel black, 400 calories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users