facial hair or naw? - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

facial hair or naw?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

hot single calorie whore near you

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4225 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 01:10 AM

Do you think your face looks thinner with or without facial hair? or only with certain styles?

I've been letting my mustache and soul patch grow out a bit, but I honestly think it makes my face look chubby and gross. My chin, cheeks, and neckline are extremely patchy with like a few random stray hairs. I can't even get a full circle beard around my mouth because I just don't have follicles in some areas.

I'm convinced my face only looks skinny when it's clean shaven. Otherwise, it almost looks like my cheeks are huge and very round/chubby? Wonder if it's a style thing or a "me" thing with body dysmorphia

Just let me relapse without judgement

Legit Nutritionist Degree

Inbox always open for questions or memes

The only hurdle to becoming who I want to be is me

My MPA Status Thread

MY ULTIMATE WEIGHT PREDICTION CALCULATOR!! FREE TO USE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hEqFBBhu6Tz6HVK6fiJ_mY_rpRVXDg3eQzacH6qY-NE/edit

Coronavirus Survival Thread:

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/3967739-enduring-quarantine-hangouts-tips-and-tricks-galore/

Iconic MPA Threads:

Spoiler

#2 comfy-target2

comfy-target2

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 March 2021 - 01:15 AM

There many diff beard type of cuts/ styles that can give ur face an illusion of looking thinner though... but if u dont have a full beard to begin with, yeah keep it clean since its more hygienic anyways

Height: 155 cm

HW: 62 kg

CW: 53.2 kg

LW: 45 kg

GW: 38 kg

#3 norvegicuts

norvegicuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationin canada

Posted 19 March 2021 - 04:35 PM

i get a stache and then a line around my jaw that kind of acts like natural shading, especially around sides of the face. i would say it might be the style for you, since the hair on the jawline is usually what helps give the more slimming look. don't know if the soul patch and mustache would actually make you look rounder though, that might just be the dysmorphia.

18 / male / it/he

-

hw : 56.7kg / 125lb / bmi 22.1

cw : 49kg / 108lb / bmi 18.5

gw1 : 47.6kg / 105lb / bmi 18

gw2 : 45kg / 99lb / bmi 17

gw3 : 42.2kg / 93lb / bmi 16

ugw : somewhere under bmi 16

#4 resserrer

resserrer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:35 AM

Some stubble up to your cheek bones can help thin your face, alternatively a narrow beard can elongate you and make your face look thinner.

#5 goattea

goattea

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:41 PM

It is a yes for me! Lol
Spoiler

#6 ItsBoshyTime

ItsBoshyTime

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:52 PM

Nah

MaleInsidiousGilamonster-size_restrictedgiphy.gif

#7 lollygag

lollygag

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:40 PM

depends how long the facial hair is. my face used to look kinda bony when i had little to no facial hair. then i tried to recover, gained fuckloads of weight, stopped shaving altogether and once i decided to shave, i was shocked how rounded and shapeless my face had become. when i was skinny and i had lots of facial hair, i don't think you could've told by my face that i was that skinny.

#8 PhoenicianPrincess

PhoenicianPrincess

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:01 PM

I honestly hate facial hair. It's feels uncomfortable and doesn't look good (to me personally). I'm planning to get mine laser-removed soon. It's like the bane of my existence. 

Male/6'1.5"/Small Frame

Current BMI: 15.0

#9 Boylimia

Boylimia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:55 AM

I go clean shaven or a bit of stubble 

never let it grow too much

#10 resserrer

resserrer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:26 AM

Why not both? You can alternate depending on your mood

#11 Strawberryontop

Strawberryontop

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3163 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:42 AM

i dont mind having a little but i mean if i get a lot i tend to shave it but it grows back so quickly

No longer on MPA

#12 malnurishedmoth

malnurishedmoth

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationPayless Shoes

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:56 PM

im at i higher weight rn so i normally let my beard and mustache grow out a bit since i feel it "hides" my fat face. but when im closer to my ugw ill probably start shaving regularly

DifficultHonorableGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif
Moth | 21 | he/him

Height: 5’4.5
CW: ??? 

GW: 135 lbs (my SW)

GW: 120 lbs (by the end of 2021)

UGW: 95 lbs?? (my LW)

#13 AlexBrandi

AlexBrandi

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:53 AM

I clean shave every 2 days.. I hate facial hair and I definitely look thinner without hair :/

My bedroom smells like rotten food
and i guess so do i
it’s harder to be good in here
than it is to starve and die

LW: 48KG
HW: 78KG
CW: 52KG
GW1: 45KG
He/Him

#14 archimedes

archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:57 PM

My face looks so round when clean shaven so I've been growing out sideburns and a little bit of chin scruff. At the very least it slightly obscures my face shape.

#15 Späcebøy

Späcebøy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1300 posts
  • LocationEast coast industrial stinktown, USA

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:14 PM

My face looks so round when clean shaven so I've been growing out sideburns and a little bit of chin scruff. At the very least it slightly obscures my face shape.

Have you tried growing a van dyke? It's broadly known as goatee but with more emphasis on bringing the chin area to a point. Think of Johnny Depp who has sort of a roundish face but when he's sporting a van dyke it looks thinner, I think. That plus sideburns might help the illusion lol

Accountability & random rambles (i.e. food vomits & word vomits)…….Späcebøy's Descent into the Meal-ström

#16 archimedes

archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:11 AM

I think I might have done something similar (without any kind of mustache, my facial hair is still a wip) like a year or so ago but I had way longer hair then so I don't know if I could pull it off now.

#17 Späcebøy

Späcebøy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1300 posts
  • LocationEast coast industrial stinktown, USA

Posted 16 September 2021 - 12:03 PM

I think I might have done something similar (without any kind of mustache, my facial hair is still a wip) like a year or so ago but I had way longer hair then so I don't know if I could pull it off now.

dude long hair is the key. Again with the johnny depp example, long hair makes his face look so much thinner.

I lost a lot of hair due to bulimia so I feel your pain about not being able to pull it off :/

Accountability & random rambles (i.e. food vomits & word vomits)…….Späcebøy's Descent into the Meal-ström

#18 archimedes

archimedes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:25 PM

dude long hair is the key. Again with the johnny depp example, long hair makes his face look so much thinner.
I lost a lot of hair due to bulimia so I feel your pain about not being able to pull it off :/

I want to grow it out but I keep cutting it when Im stressed. My ideal is having long hair and facial hair, and at least I'm lucky I've neve had issues with hairloss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users