Re: orthorexic binges? - Page 2 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Re: orthorexic binges?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 LaceVeins

LaceVeins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:57 PM

yeah i'm more relaxed on my options what i binge on than i was few years ago but i do prefer healthy foods because i'd restrict even healthy foods. like i may want potatoes and there's nothing really wrong with them it's just how it is. so i'd dabble with cream cakes etc. besides i prefer healthy binges not just because lower calories would assume to be lower calorie so more control i guess, but it just tastes better. and weirdly i am more likely to overeat or binge on healthy food subconsciously and find it hard to portion control, it's not like a planned cheat meal. happens out of nowhere. but i do struggle even purchasing certain foods, like i might obsess over ordering a dominos but i just keep cancelling/ in a store and wanting to pick something up but i just end up putting it back.

#22 Fariel

Fariel

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 06:04 PM

Binges ... healthy stuff I have at home, because there's nothing else here ... like I'll eat a bunch of walnuts or fruit or something.  Or, there's one restaurant that I trust and order from sometimes when I'm really pinched for time and can't cook.  I usually get a brown rice and steamed veggie bowl topped with kimchi, and portion it into four meals, when I'm doing what I'm supposed to do.  In binge mode I'll eat like half of the bowl (it's big!) and then feel like a POS.  So ... yep ... weird binges over here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users