stupid question, but...what COUNTS as exercise for those tdee calculators? - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

stupid question, but...what COUNTS as exercise for those tdee calculators?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dentofresco

dentofresco

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:20 PM

i’m stressing out hard lol

i do 30 minutes of body weight/cardio a day, 6 days a week (plus an average of 10k steps daily). i can’t help but feel like even though it’s 6 days a week, it isn’t enough to count as 6 days of exercise for these calculators? what are your opinions??
  • poultry likes this

#2 not.important

not.important

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:44 AM

This sounds kind of like my daily routine, light activity all the way, I feel like these calculators overestimate all the time...
Basically, everything counts as exercise but is pretty much very inaccurate
(Lmao hope this is what you were asking for) 😆
  • dentofresco likes this

"Let the pain make you become better"

hw 147 lbs

cw 134 lbs

ugw 92 lbs

hearts for April

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#3 L I M B O

L I M B O

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:20 AM

I use this calculator https://manytools.or...bmr-calculator/ at seated work/light exercise (1.3) to calculate my sedentary calories and then I add the calories burned through exercises manually.

When I walk 10k steps that's 8km for me and I usually burn 40calories per 1km. Here's a chart by walking speed and weight.

5a0dfbc0d257219e2da40c2714deccd7.jpg 

I do home workouts too, and usually burn around 200calories doing them. (Fitness blender has nice workouts and they have a calorie burn range at the bottom right which is for someone 100lbs to someone 200lbs so I take the bottom number of the range to be safe even though I'm not 100lbs yet) 

• dentofresco likes this

---> My accountability <---

:wub: Goal weight: 45kg   :wub:

I've switched over to MyPancakeAddiction,

I won't be posting a lot of updates on my accountability here but I'll try to update the main thread when I remember. 

I'm posting daily check-ins on MyPancakeAddiction, if you'd like to find me there my username is also LIMBO and here's my accountability thread there: https://mypancakeadd...5/#post-1466512

#4 xl7

xl7

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6289 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:18 AM

Anything that increases your heart rate and gets your body moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dentofresco likes this

#5 Blondie450

Blondie450

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Locationhiding

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:40 PM

honestly everything. my job is pretty physical and according to my watch I already burned over 400 and I haven’t even been to the gym yet. I also walk everywhere and the days where I run a lot of errands/go to a lot of places, I usually burn 200-400 more than normal
  • dentofresco likes this

5'4

hw: 125 lb

lw: 105 lb

cw: 121 lb

gw 1: 110 lb

gw 2: 100 lb

ugw: 95 lb

a girl with broken wings, a girl with broken dreams. she lives in the darkness of the world, amidst the fog of broken promises. she walks on those lonely streets with the burden of thoughts. she is a hidden mystery with a mask on. her wings are on fire burning her towards hell. her feet are numb, she is too tired to walk on life, she is too numb to feel the ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users