Health Issues? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Health Issues?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CathSleeps

CathSleeps

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 09:16 PM

Hi everyone! I’m new here but I’ve been lurking for a while, lol. For some background, I’ve been high restricting on and off for years, and in about November started low restricting and lost a lot of weight (BMI around 15/14 now). Since late January I’ve been slowly upping my intake and am at a little over 900cal/day. I’m starting to get really nervous about health issues, specifically low potassium, kidney function and cardiac arrest and that stuff, especially because lots of people say it can happen at any time. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep my heart muscle strong while upping my intake, or any bad signs to watch for? V scared of dying in my sleep atm. Thanks in advance!

#2 Emptyspirits

Emptyspirits

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:57 PM

Definitely see a doctor regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • CathSleeps likes this

#3 CathSleeps

CathSleeps

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 01:31 PM

Thanks! Bloods and ecg came back fine, but I’m moving home in a month and will get a doctor then. Still anxious about my heart but I think that just comes with the territory at this point.
  • Emptyspirits likes this

#4 Emptyspirits

Emptyspirits

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:07 PM

Thanks! Bloods and ecg came back fine, but I’m moving home in a month and will get a doctor then. Still anxious about my heart but I think that just comes with the territory at this point.

Good wishing the best for you. And also focus on getting that potassium and electrolytes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • CathSleeps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users