Your experience with raw veganism? - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Your experience with raw veganism?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Indecisive45

Indecisive45

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 12:27 PM

to clarify, im not vegan, and i do not wanna go vegan for the sole reason of losing weight.
BUT i need to lose weight, and I don’t think i can fast or restrict like i did before.
im in such an intense binge cycle (talking upwards of 100,000 calories a day every single day for months. Disgusting and unbelievable i know) and neither fasting nor “normal eating” (which I don’t really know what it actually is anymore) work. So im thinking of kinda “iNtUitiVelY” eating raw veggies and fruits. only when im hungry. Stopping when im full. I know i have a pretty large stomach capacity. especially since i have extreme hunger. So im giving this a go. Should i? should i not? is it a ridiculous idea? Will i gain weight? Will i lose weight?
I do believe in CICO and ofc I don’t buy all that freelee bs. But still, i wanna hear everyone’s stories.

(i won’t be doing nuts and seeds or nut butters if i end up actually doing this)

#2 lilacdust

lilacdust

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:19 PM

if you’re just eating fruit n veg then it’s lower calorie for the same volume as most other foods, but i’d recommend cooking some of the produce (certain nutrients are made more bioavailable through cooking), and adding in things like tofu, edamame, lentils, and mock meats because you will feel shittier eating basically no protein. fats like from nuts, seeds, and oils should be consumed because some vitamins are fat soluble so you won’t absorb them if you’re not eating fat. fat also makes food more satisfying.

from what i’ve heard of other people’s experiences on high carb raw, it seems like you’re going to be full and hungry all the time, because the volume of fiber and water will fill you but you’re lacking a lot of nutrients and components of food like fat and protein that actually make it satiating. you should try to add in more fruit and veg if you think the volume will help you stop binging, but if you’re binging for reasons beyond hunger, then putting yourself on a diet that is low satiation and restricts the types of foods you eat so excessively, you’re probably going to go insane and binge after a little while

#3 Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:10 PM

I wouldn't recommend raw veganism to anyone. I'm a vegan and eating everything raw sucks. My diet now consists of mainly cooked vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

I lasted 2 weeks before going back to cooking.

#4 passages malibu

passages malibu

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 02:26 PM

I wouldn't recommend raw veganism to anyone. I'm a vegan and eating everything raw sucks. My diet now consists of mainly cooked vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

I lasted 2 weeks before going back to cooking.

I agree, i’ve tried it and also wouldn’t recommend. You will get sick of those foods so quick
𝔲𝔤𝔴- 28𝔨𝔤
𝔤𝔴- 37
𝔠𝔴- 37.5
𝔟𝔪𝔦- 14.6

if i’m going to die then i’m going to die hot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users