Ashwagandha... Anyone tried it? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ashwagandha... Anyone tried it?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ChunkyGurl

ChunkyGurl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:34 AM

Apparantly it's good for stress and depresison etc. Anyone taken it or tried something else instead?

-----------------

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" - Mark Twain

---------

"You must be ready at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become..." - Eric Thomas

----------

0f606aaa27dddc68f12df7c8a1d9253e

#2 oujisama

oujisama

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1998 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

I'm considering trying it for stress and depression/fatigue. Also would be interested in hearing people's experiences with it here.

• ChunkyGurl likes this

daht2n9-657ce722-bb23-416b-baff-44836ee4

d86kpls-359c10b8-1779-4663-b5ec-7066fd2d Height: 162.5cm - CW: 52.5kg - GW: 41kg - UGW: Happy d72ad6c-f22ee36a-6e1f-4eb7-a1df-f422ac15

My Accountability Thread

#3 vomitdolls

vomitdolls

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:16 PM

me! totally recommend, it’s helped a good amount
𝔲𝔀𝔴- 28𝔨𝔀
𝔀𝔴- 37
𝔠𝔴- 40
π”Ÿπ”ͺ𝔦- 15.9

#4 110100111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationtoilet

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:05 PM

Yes! Personally ashwagandha made me feel more energized during the day, as well. Another plus is that it didn't make me too nauseous if I took it without food 

CW: 94 lbs
GW1: 85 lbs
GW2: 75 lbs
GW3: 65 lbs

#5 Boylimia

Boylimia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:55 PM

Not sure why but I get HUGE hair loss from this supplement, like clumps of hair falling out and I never lose hair.

#6 ChunkyGurl

ChunkyGurl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1680 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:32 PM

OK update
I got some ashwagandha teabags and they taste pretty good. I got a headache a few times trying it, but apparently that's normal sometimes? Anyway, I found they helped a lot with calming stress levels down. I mean, it's not like a wonder-tea, but it's OK if you're looking to take the edge off

-----------------

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" - Mark Twain

---------

"You must be ready at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become..." - Eric Thomas

----------

0f606aaa27dddc68f12df7c8a1d9253e

#7 wraithling

wraithling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:14 AM

I've tried it, it had a very similar effect to 5-htp and other things that deal with serotonin. For something like stress relief, tea is good, but I find it tricky to use sometimes because you can't adjust the dosage as precisely as a powder or capsule (I used a powder so I could measure it precisely and increase as needed to experiment). I wasn't confident enough to take a higher dose to see if it had significant effect on my depression, but it definitely calmed me down somewhat. 

#8 vattodovattodo

vattodovattodo

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:53 PM

It's supposed to be a powerful herb, and I've tried many different brands several times for it's benefits but it has never done anything for me. However, I feel like I have an inherently high tolerance to almost everything (besides weed)...so it's definitely worth a try, especially because it's been around for so long I can't imagine it doesn't work for some people

Edit: oops didn't see you already got it! Some of the herbs I take for anxiety (kava and kratom) also give me headaches but it's typically if I've had too much.
giphy.gif

#9 Cinnamon Dolce

Cinnamon Dolce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:49 PM

I know someone who takes it for sleep and it helps.

#10 dehydratedvamp

dehydratedvamp

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:29 PM

Yeh, I 100% believe it works. But, just like a lot of herbal supplements, there aren't any human clinical trials to prove it works so it's kind of up to you whether or not you think it changed anything. There was a cold swim stress test on rats and the rats given the ashwaghanda swam longer, so there's that. 

For me, I felt like it helped in stabilizing my mood. I don't shift as drastically as I used to. Still feel depressed sometimes, just feels like I'm a bit more in control. 

The one I use I got from Amazon. It's the Toniiq Ashwagandha Capsules if you're looking for recommendations.

β™₯πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€β™₯

#11 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1625 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:48 PM

I tried it. Can’t say I noticed a difference unfortunately, but I am a hot mess lol I would like to give it another try

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users