Knee Pain - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Knee Pain

Knee Kneepain Pain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bluebluebones

bluebluebones

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Locationyour mom

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:07 PM

I keep getting throbbing pain in my knee when I run, it also flares up when I walk down the stairs. Anyone know what's up? I need to keep active but i'm in so much pain!!!

I stopped running for two weeks and I already gained weight ):

5'3 

HW: 133  LW: 102  CW: 108  GW: 95  UGW: 88

BMI: 19.1

i fucking love carebears
Spoiler

#2 Flowerp3dal

Flowerp3dal

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Locationsome boring town in NJ

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:33 PM

sounds like it could be some form of tendonitis (especially if your knee has been under a lot of stress from running/exercise). I would just try to take it easy and stick to low impact exercises if you still want to stay active. Stretching and over the counter anti inflammatories like ibuprofen might also help with the pain, hope you feel better soon!! <3

5'8

cw: 121

hw: 147 

#3 mathlyr

mathlyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

personally I just have bad bones, but at work (and at home on bad days) i have knee braces! i prefer Meuller brand, it's affordable but quality, and they have different levels of support. If you still plan on running a lot there's a self adjusting knee one with NO hinges/metal in it, it's comfy and gives great mobility without being uncomfortable.

#4 nothingmuffin

nothingmuffin

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:16 PM

If you’re a teen it could be Osgood disease - common knee pain in growing teens. I had it, it was excruciating especially when using the stairs!

#5 Darlington

Darlington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 01:54 AM

Is the pain just in your knee or do you kind of get pain in your hip/lower back as well? It could be iliotibial band syndrome. I have it. My doctor says it's usually either a flexibility or strength issue. For me, it's strength-related - weak glutes!

Apparently women are really susceptible to it, something to do with our hips? I don't recall.

Definitely go to the doctor if that's an option for you, you might need physical therapy. In the meantime, try a patellar tendon strap. And exercises/stretches for ITBS! You can also look into cardio workouts for people with knee injuries. I hope you feel better soon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Knee, Kneepain, Pain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users