Is it still pica if you don't swallow? - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Is it still pica if you don't swallow?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sunny_Daffodils

Sunny_Daffodils

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:26 PM

I used to chew on everything as a kid, coins, pencils, my hair, shirt sleeves, shirt collars, tv remote (wish I was kidding here), paper, yeah just lots of stuff. But I'd just chew on it, not swallow (except I would occasionally swallow the paper). I was wondering if this would still be counted as pica? Or is it more just like an oral fixation? I dunno..
I pretty well stopped showing on stuff, kept my hair short for a long time to get past that, got tired of my shirts looking disgusting and chewed up so stopped that, started chewing gum a lot of the time to keep my mouth occupied..

But yeah curious if it's still pica if you aren't actually eating the stuff, but just chewing on it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
  • stkitty likes this

5'1

HW: 120 lb

LW: 90 lb

CW: 115 lb

GW1: 110 lb

GW2: 100 lb

GW3: 95 lb

UGW: 80lb (for now?)

730b4d384d55b746cf7e484a4db90e25.jpg

#2 moomoomelon

moomoomelon

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:33 PM

im not sure but it might be if u have some kind or desire or appetite for those things. chewing is the first step in the digestive process after all. if it's an oral fixation perhaps trying chewing gum? if u find urself wanting to chew on other inedible stuff then ya it could be pica. i just did a quick google search on this so take everything i said w a grain a salt :P

πŸ…½πŸ…Ύ πŸ…΅πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΎπŸ…³ πŸ††πŸ…ΈπŸ…»πŸ…» πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…Ό πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„
πŸ…ΌπŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…΄ πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…½ πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„πŸ† πŸ…΄πŸ…³ πŸ††πŸ…ΈπŸ…»πŸ…»

gw: the happiest & healthiest
version of myself :>
cht: 5'1''  ght: 5'6'' 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users