When You Hit Your UGW Were You Happy? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

When You Hit Your UGW Were You Happy?

ugw gw

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 xl7

xl7

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4795 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:25 AM

The first one I ever set, yes for like 3 days then lowered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 Ket

Ket

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:00 AM

Yes honestly. I dont care about my apperance. I was no happier with my apperance or less happy with it. But i had the number ive wanted my whole life. No desire to lose any more. I did lose more by accident while trying to maintain though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#23 Geektragedy1

Geektragedy1

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:06 AM

No I was so miserable and my.life was in tatters and I felt so guilty and physically shit as well. I was constantly afraid of dropping dead on the street or being sectioned, and the sadness that I felt for my friends watching me deteriorate was the worst of it all. The guilt. But, now I'm in recovery and I romanticize it and wish I was restricting again and following all my rules, but like girl wtf shut up I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It's weird how your brain can trick you into wanting something so badly, but also knowing that you don't

#24 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts
  • Locationsitting in the middle, waiting

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:15 AM

Lol no. I was so depressed I wanted to die. I still didn’t feel thin and was being close to being forced into hospital
GW: nothing

#25 ljubovnik

ljubovnik

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:32 AM

i was very happy at my lowest weight which was 2kg from my UGW (i was 47 and wanted to reach 45) but my BMI was 16.7 so i got a bit scared and tried to recover. some of my friends were worried about me but i thought i looked good
f/22 - cw 55kg/gw 45kg - 168cm

#26 π–‰π–Šπ–‡π–†π–˜π–Šπ–—

π–‰π–Šπ–‡π–†π–˜π–Šπ–—

chaotic neutral

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13846 posts
  • Locationfight club

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:33 AM

no, I was exhausted and couldn't maintain friendships (my bmi was 14.4 and I felt like shit)

5'4"    β˜…     hw 155 lbs (bmi 26.6)    β˜…    lw 84 lbs (bmi 14.4)    β˜…    ugw 70 lbs (bmi 12.0)    β˜…    entp-t     β˜…    are you still reading this    β˜…    shirley temple killed jfk

𝔀𝔦𝔣𝔰 𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔭𝔬𝔦𝔩𝔒𝔯

<p>

#27 Kayngel

Kayngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:36 AM

Sometimes I think yes I’m happy with it but those are very few and fleeting. most other times I want to lose more

#28 v!wvuv

v!wvuv

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:19 AM

Momentarily, yes. But I've surpassed like 3 UGWs by this point and I'm creeping towards a new one, at which I'm not going to be satisfied either. The moment I see a certain number on the scale, anything above that is no longer acceptable. And I have the mentality of "Ok, I want to be xkg or I've reached xkg in the morning now, so I should lose just a bit more so that I'll be that weight during the day." Or "I'll just lose a bit more so if I accidentally gain it won't be bad." But the thing is, any weight I achieve I always think the same. Nothing is ever low enough when fluctuation is taken into consideration, nothing is ever worth gaining a single pound from, so I end up lower.

#29 phix

phix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:07 AM

I have not hit my ugw, I don’t actually have one. I’m still pretty big, but have lost 100 lbs. My eyes are set on getting to at least 20 BMI. I’m at 23 right now and need to lose 20 lbs.

I wanted to add to the thread because my brain keeps going back and forth. People say I’m skinny/tiny, my husband doesn’t want me to lose weight, my loose skin will just be more noticeable...but each time I take a progress pic, I’m shocked by how big I looked, and to think I thought I was skinny in that pic! How embarrassing. When I lose 20 lbs and take a progress pic, the body I have now will be embarrassing.

So I’m not even sure I’ll have an ugw.

5’5

HW: 235 | LW: 133 | CW: 135 | GW1: 120 | GW2: 110 | UGW: ??

#30 whatsernameβ˜†

whatsernameβ˜†

nooch whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25274 posts
  • Locationn. jersey, in the armpit of NYC

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:36 AM

for a minute, yeah

✯πŸ”₯πŸ’€πŸ”₯✯

Spoiler

accountability and time wasting