Twilight saga nostalgia? - Movies and TV Shows - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Twilight saga nostalgia?

movies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PsyCaloria

PsyCaloria

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationFollowing my skinny shadow

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:23 PM

Ok so I know a lot of people hate these movies but they were my bread and butter when I first watched them as a teenager and now they just remind me of better days. Soooo a lot of time when I feel like crap I put on some twilight and either get lost in the twilight world for a while or end up cringing and laughing depending on the scene. 

Any other people who do the same these days or used to rewatch them? I'd love to hear what scenes crack you up now.

• Jiinx, happycrazyfree and *BeautyInTheBreakdown* like this

#2 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12718 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, I know they're objectively bad movies/books, but I still enjoy them for some reason

#3 lilo trio

lilo trio

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:55 PM

oh yeah, there's a whole twilight renaissance. check that phrase on tumblr and instagram. i don't watch them very often but i still love the movies. new moon was everything. i bought the books again sometime last year. and i still wish i were a vampire or one was in love with me aldjfljf my life is too boring not to find out some supernatural secret.

there are certain things i miss about it:

1. the hype. it was everywhere. there's something exciting about being a part of something while it's still happening. there were several fansites dedicated to every article, every magazine, every ounce of news before social media was what it is now. there were burger king twilight cups, twilight candy hearts, twilight hair products, hot topic twilight coats, unofficial twilight jewerly sold at my local farmers market, trailer reveals, songs that blew up because of the soundtrack, etc. i associate peak mtv movie awards years with twilight winning every award and the actors presenting other awards.
  2. being that devoted to something. it's been a long time since i've been that huge of a fan of a show/movie series or actors. i still want an orange backpack and converse and to wear henleys and cool tone colors daily because of twilight's impact. i don't get attached to any media like that anymore, not even the comfort shows i watch over and over. i literally used to imagine bella and/or edward singing when i'd listen to music. you know the scene when edward officially introduces bella to his family and he seems annoyed with everyone being overbearing? i had a mental music video for "tremble for my beloved" that was basically a stretched out version of edward being that annoyed with his family's over-involvement regarding bella.
  3. having something to look forward to. while i was still obsessed with it, there was always another movie to look forward to. i didn't count down the days when the movies were announced but i kind of wish i had. it's nice being able to say, "oh yeah, i'll see this movie next year or in so and so months" before the trailers were even released.
  4. consistency. it was comforting. it made it feel more like i was thinking of friends when i thought of the characters, as weird as that sounds.

• Jiinx likes this

520e28dfa42a723bf41a46a380c10a51bd4eaf13

L I N K S

accountability thread

B I N G E   F R E E

........................  0    d a y s  ........................

#4 Jiinx

Jiinx

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:56 PM

oh yeah, there's a whole twilight renaissance. check that phrase on tumblr and instagram. i don't watch them very often but i still love the movies. new moon was everything. i bought the books again sometime last year. and i still wish i were a vampire or one was in love with me aldjfljf my life is too boring not to find out some supernatural secret.

there are certain things i miss about it:

• the hype. it was everywhere. there's something exciting about being a part of something while it's still happening. there were several fansites dedicated to every article, every magazine, every ounce of news before social media was what it is now. there were burger king twilight cups, twilight candy hearts, twilight hair products, hot topic twilight coats, unofficial twilight jewerly sold at my local farmers market, trailer reveals, songs that blew up because of the soundtrack, etc. i associate peak mtv movie awards years with twilight winning every award and the actors presenting other awards.
  • being that devoted to something. it's been a long time since i've been that huge of a fan of a show/movie series or actors. i still want an orange backpack and converse and to wear henleys and cool tone colors daily because of twilight's impact. i don't get attached to any media like that anymore, not even the comfort shows i watch over and over. i literally used to imagine bella and/or edward singing when i'd listen to music. you know the scene when edward officially introduces bella to his family and he seems annoyed with everyone being overbearing? i had a mental music video for "tremble for my beloved" that was basically a stretched out version of edward being that annoyed with his family's over-involvement regarding bella.
  • having something to look forward to. while i was still obsessed with it, there was always another movie to look forward to. i didn't count down the days when the movies were announced but i kind of wish i had. it's nice being able to say, "oh yeah, i'll see this movie next year or in so and so months" before the trailers were even released.
  • consistency. it was comforting. it made it feel more like i was thinking of friends when i thought of the characters, as weird as that sounds.
Yes everything about this! The twilight series brought out a part of me that I haven't been able to get back into in a LOONNNGG time. Looking back, a lot of what she wrote is pretty cringy lol but she inspired me to write my own books based on that type of mysterious world where you have vampires and werewolves, etc. It also got me into reading that type of genre of books too! Hmm, basically, I found a little bit of my own identity in a way. I never really thought about it like that before now actually!

I also remember reading fanfics on wattpad (good old wattpad RIP) or like, what you said about the websites, I would come across some of them that had more info on all the characters. Or when I'd ALWAYS go to the store to get magazines ONLY for the twilight posters and gossip. Remember when Taylor lautner went out with Taylor swift? Yea I wasn't very happy when I read about that in the papers 😂😂

Btw, I still have those amc movie theatre cups they sold when full moon came out lmaoo. I made sure I kept that shit forever.
Haha but yea... A lot happened lol. I miss that kind of hype of inspiration honestly.
Height 5'2.5 Hw:170lbs Lw:90
Cw:1̶̶3̶̶4̶̶ 1̶̶3̶̶3̶̶ 1̶̶3̶̶2̶̶ 1̶̶3̶̶1̶̶ 1̶̶3̶̶0̶̶ 1̶̶2̶̶9̶̶ 1̶̶2̶̶8 1̶̶2̶̶7̶̶ 1̶̶2̶̶6̶̶ 1̶̶2̶̶5̶̶ 1̶̶2̶̶4̶̶ 1̶2̶3̶ ̶1̶2̶2̶ ̶1̶2̶1̶ ̶1̶2̶0̶ ̶1̶1̶9̶ ̶1̶1̶8̶ ̶1̶1̶7̶ ̶1̶1̶6̶ ̶1̶1̶5̶ ̶1̶1̶4̶ ̶1̶1̶3̶ ̶1̶1̶2̶ ̶1̶1̶1̶ ̶1̶1̶0̶ ̶1̶0̶9̶ ̶1̶0̶8̶ ̶1̶0̶7̶ ̶1̶0̶6̶ ̶1̶0̶5̶1̶0̶4̶ ̶1̶0̶3̶ ̶1̶0̶2̶ ̶1̶0̶1̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶9̶9̶ ̶9̶8̶ 97
Gw:1̶1̶0̶ Gw:1̶0̶5̶ Gw:1̶0̶0̶ Gw:95
Ugw:90

#5 lovellier

lovellier

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts
  • Locationmelancholy hill

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:34 AM

The plot is absolute trash but the gloomy vibe, scenery, sets, color scheme, etc of the movies are gorgeous :-)

"my god it go on and on, just like a circle I go back where I'm from."

1n0XU2M.jpg COGSMn8.jpg PG4Gw9X.jpg

el; 1998, queer, 172cm, ugw 44kg.

ednos + ortho.

『 2.5kg out of 7.9kg lost before june 3rd 

#6 dea-thgrips

dea-thgrips

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:20 AM

I despise these movies (my friend made me do a rewatch of all 5 recently WHY is that boring ass wedding scene like 45 minutes long good god) but the first one HITS. it's like, you know how you have a movie that just makes you feel safe? That's the first Twilight movie for me. The palette, the unbelievable plot and characters, the high school setting, just quells my anxiety for absolutely no reason lmao. 

you can call me ace / 26 / agender / they/them

"surely, with every hardship comes ease" Qur'an 94:5

···黑夜给了我黑色的眼睛 

我却用它寻找光明···

顾城

#7 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9434 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:15 PM

I love what a hot mess it is and all the memes :lol:

There are some Twilight shitposting groups on Facebook, and it’s hilarious.
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

#8 Dietcoke&cigarettes

Dietcoke&cigarettes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:23 PM

So I just researched all of the movies and lorddddddd the nostalgia is real. It makes me cringe so bad, but also the gloomy atmosphere is so aesthetic
5'5/22/F SW:190 CW:190 1GW:160 2GW:140 3GW:120

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: movies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users