meal ideas for a dinner with friends - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

meal ideas for a dinner with friends

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ljubovnik

ljubovnik

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:55 AM

my friend is coming over tomorrow evening for dinner and movies with me and my roommate. we're probably drinking so I'll have some gin+zero cal sodas, and need ideas for safe foods to make together that don't look sus. they're both vegetarian and kinda healthy eaters, i'm vegan and usually skip dinner. does anyone have any safe food suggestions that look normal to other people?
f/22 - cw 53kg/gw 45kg - 168cm

#2 sambali

sambali

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:48 AM

I’d recommend making sharing plates like tapas or mezze because they’re healthy, fun to make and they allow you to easily choose how much of each item goes on your plate at any one time during your meal.

My favourite mezze items include houmous, falafel, tabbouleh, greek salad (you can have a block of feta as an optional extra on the side for the vegetarians), wholemeal pita triangles and olives. You could also cut crudites of cucumber, pepper and carrot to pair with the houmous.

If you’re looking for more of a meal meal, poke bowls are a real crowd-pleaser! Again, you can put each of the ingredient options on the table so your friends can build their own. It’s a really nice, interactive way of eating!
  • Jacqueline_356 and _MissRish like this

Height: |167cm

HW: 67kg | BMI: 23
LW: 45kg | BMI: 16
CW: 50.5kg | BMI: 18.0

#3 ljubovnik

ljubovnik

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:55 AM

I’d recommend making sharing plates like tapas or mezze because they’re healthy, fun to make and they allow you to easily choose how much of each item goes on your plate at any one time during your meal.

My favourite mezze items include houmous, falafel, tabbouleh, greek salad (you can have a block of feta as an optional extra on the side for the vegetarians), wholemeal pita triangles and olives. You could also cut crudites of cucumber, pepper and carrot to pair with the houmous.

If you’re looking for more of a meal meal, poke bowls are a real crowd-pleaser! Again, you can put each of the ingredient options on the table so your friends can build their own. It’s a really nice, interactive way of eating!

ooh i love those ideas! thank you
f/22 - cw 53kg/gw 45kg - 168cm

#4 seakissed

seakissed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5387 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:33 AM

Fresh spring rolls  :) Very easy to make and you can fill them with loads of vegetables and also tofu. You can also add a dip sauce. And they're pretty low kcal. 

#5 Here_to_stay

Here_to_stay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:23 AM

^^^Spring rolls are great for sharing and low cal.

You could also make a big pot of low fat veggie curry served with a fresh, green salad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users