Anemia bruises? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anemia bruises?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dehydratedvamp

dehydratedvamp

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:22 PM

I’ve been told that I’m slightly anemic but I’ve never been told that I’m completely anemic so idk

But I want to ask for anyone who’s been diagnosed with anemia: do you get bruises? I slept on a couch last night and now my legs have these lines on them. I thought they would go away after an hour or so, but it’s nearly midnight and I still have them. I know with anemia you bruise easily, so I think that may be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♥💀💀💀♥

#2 Sunny_Daffodils

Sunny_Daffodils

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:57 AM

Yeah I'm anemic and I bruise really easily, especially on my legs. If you're not already, taking iron supplements, as well as B12 and folic acid can help with anemia. (That's what my doctor had me take). The folic acid and B12 help woth the storage and absorption of the iron. If you do take iron supplements you may want to take a stool softener as well cause it can back you up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5'1

HW: 120 lb

LW: 90 lb

CW: 115 lb

GW1: 110 lb

GW2: 100 lb

GW3: 95 lb

UGW: 80lb (for now?)

730b4d384d55b746cf7e484a4db90e25.jpg

#3 dehydratedvamp

dehydratedvamp

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

Yeah I'm anemic and I bruise really easily, especially on my legs. If you're not already, taking iron supplements, as well as B12 and folic acid can help with anemia. (That's what my doctor had me take). The folic acid and B12 help woth the storage and absorption of the iron. If you do take iron supplements you may want to take a stool softener as well cause it can back you up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have iron supplements and b12 but I skip taking them because I didn’t think I really needed them. I’ll try to take them everyday from now on, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♥💀💀💀♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users