ED youtube: Ro mitchell - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ED youtube: Ro mitchell

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 PoemOfLifeItself

PoemOfLifeItself

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Locationpennsylvania

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:02 PM

she imo is constantly showing off how thin she is. all her thumbnails are bodychecks and bone shots. 

thoughts?

https://www.youtube....VkoKI-mGloXlT7g

• vibekiller and bonk like this

formerly known as CallMeBlu been on here since 2015

They/them age 18

ED  for a decade gang

lw 82.6 (5'5?)

5'7

lw2 102 hospitalized 

hw 137  recovery

cw 114 6/2

cbmi 17.9

giphy.gif

#2 ssaibar

ssaibar

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:28 PM

it's a little sus imo, i don't wanna seem like an asshole but this definitely can't be beneficial for her.
  • dreamsynopsis, ANAtomist, yawaworht and 6 others like this

{5"3}

hw - 153

sw - 142

cw - 125 ):

ugw - 95

Blog

#3 sickfairy

sickfairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationthe woodlands

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:38 PM

i noticed in a few challenges she does, she tends to wear a lot of like short sleeved clothing, and you can easily see how tiny her arms are and her collarbones. like, i know she’s trying to recover but lowkey it’s very triggering and shes constantly doing lowkey body checks in her videos/tiktoks
  • kitkat27, ossaossaossa, i_am_so_tired_lol and 1 other like this

HEIGHT : 4’11”
HW : 180 lbs (bmi 36.4)

LW : 150 lbs (bmi 30.3)

CW : 156 lbs (bmi 31.5)

GW1: 150 lbs (bmi 30.3)
GW2 : 148 lbs (bmi 29.9)

UGW : 90 lbs (bmi 18.2)

GWs change by weight loss/month

#4 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2361 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:49 PM

It only took me less than half a video to raise an eyebrow. Constantly pushing her hair back to show collarbones, Her sleeves she does wear are ALWAYS rolled up JUST enough to show how tiny her wrists or elbows are. Not to mention as I watched more videos, I definitely caught her looking into the view finder during certain positions. 

Also she said it's been "a few months" --- I would expect to see SOME kind of progress in her being weight restored (meaning some kind of progress towards it)

She mentioned how tik tok took her stuff down. So I tried to find some videos and one def looked like some body checking. 

I dunno...So many of the comments say she's inspiring, etc. I can't put a finger on it, but I find her triggering. I can't explain why, but my gut instinct says she isn't ready to be showing her journey on youtube. She definitely needs to consider doing some trigger warnings too. The amount of time she expresses anorexic thought processes, and just showing how hard or challenging some things are for her to eat....if it panged my heart I could definitely see it causing someone vulnerable attempting to recover being scared off by it. 

• The Flower of Carnage, Sanna135, PoemOfLifeItself and 8 others like this

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#5 taliaaaa

taliaaaa

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1401 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:14 PM

yes as op mentioned if she is truly eating all the food wouldn't she have gained weight by now?????/ like I know some of the weight fixes your insides but with what she's eating id expect some external progress yknow?

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ talia ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

162cm // 5'3

sw: 63kg 24.0 bmi (july 16, 2020)

cw: 56.1 kg 21.37 bmi

gw 1: 58 kg 22.10 bmi (september 20, 2020)

gw 2: 55 kg 20.95 bmi

gw 3: 53 kg 20.19 bmi

gw 4: 50 kg 19.05 bmi

gw 4: 48 kg 18.28 bmi

gw 5: 46 kg 17.52 bmi

gw 6: 44 kg 16.76 bmi

ugw: 42 kg 16.00 bmi

f2955fb23e0495caeaaee7dc812c88f7.gif

giphy.gif

#6 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5684 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:46 AM

I'm watching her now. I can't decide what I think.
  • PoemOfLifeItself likes this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#7 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12358 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:53 AM

I think she does a lot of self validating via social media

• not_my_body, Satori666, PoemOfLifeItself and 1 other like this

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

ask me stuff

find me on edc 

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

#8 foggyfool

foggyfool

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Locationin my room, crying

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:44 AM

If I had watched her videos when I was trying to recover, I would have stopped eating right then and there. There is no way she could inspire me to gain weight while showing her collarbones and waving her stick thin arms. I don't mean to be rude or anything but she has been in recovery for a few months now yet the weight gain is ... barely noticeable 

• LittleLexi, The Flower of Carnage, Deathly and 5 others like this

#9 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1581 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:03 AM

If I had watched her videos when I was trying to recover, I would have stopped eating right then and there. There is no way she could inspire me to gain weight while showing her collarbones and waving her stick thin arms. I don't mean to be rude or anything but she has been in recovery for a few months now yet the weight gain is ... barely noticeable

No I agree. Each recovery is their own, etc, but I don’t like the idea that thousands of vulnerable people could be watching her and thinking that’s the reality of recovery because it’s so far from it. I also don’t like how she states she’s all in, because from what I can see none of it is very intuitive

#10 lithesome

lithesome

Certified Diet Coke Addict™

• Accountability access
  • 4307 posts
  • Locationa shitty post-communist country in europe

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:29 AM

I don't expect her to hide her body just for the sake of not triggering others (free country, hello), but her mannerisms remind me a lot of mine when I'm ~discreetly~ trying to show off my body.

Also yeah I'm jealous of how she doesn't gain. I sometimes go through reactive eating episodes where I eat like her, fuck, maybe even less, and it doesn't take long before I puff up like a balloon. Whether she pretends to eat that much or she actually does but it doesn't show, I hate it.

She's great thinspo.

• ParadiseKiss, not_my_body, eingeschneit and 2 others like this

tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif bodychecks | 40-day fast ✓ tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif

tumblr_o3lnfswVgH1twgsxao1_400.gif

hbmi: 17 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif lbmi: 12.2 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif gbmi: 11.7

#11 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5684 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:28 AM

I've been trying to figure out what I felt was 'off' about the videos because she does seem quite nice. But it's the falseness. She remindes me of me when I'm trying to pretend that all is ok, when in reality there is a shit storm going off in my head.

I know she doesn't hide her struggles 100%, but she's holding back a heck of a lot. Which is understandable but it gives the wrong impression to those who don't know any better. Expecually those who currently have an ED.

She seems way more ok than she would be in reality. It's not an honest look into recovery.
  • PoemOfLifeItself and anoshrekxic like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#12 Meem

Meem

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:41 AM

I just get a feeling that she’s really smug 🤷‍♀️I find her irritating and annoying. Maybe she’s smug because she is fooling everyone around her, after her videos she then spends most her time vomiting and exercising? Who knows.
  • silent torture likes this

#13 4everagiraffe

4everagiraffe

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:44 AM

I just went down the rabbit hole on her YouTube and tik tok and I’m not entirely sure what to think. She says she is 3 months into her journey (3 and a half now probably) I want to say that: we don’t know where she started. On TikTok, She says she was in residential/inpatient for the last two years, and this is her first time doing all-in recovery on her own. Her BMI looks very low (I’m not going to guesstimate, just out of respect and on the off chance she is active on MPA or ever finds thus thread) and I would assume that being discharged for her meant a meal plan. It’s possible this nutritional plan was fairly low calorie if that is what she needed in to be in order to commit to it. That would mean a much slower weight restoration, which does make sense from what I am seeing. She posted just after “3 months in” saying she has stopped counting calories. I followed her so I can see her progress going forward. She seems to be working hard on the mental side of her ED, which I think is probably the most important part, so if her weight restoration is going slow, I believe it is just her trying to do everything slowly so she doesn’t freak out and change her mind. I respect that.

I think she is using her platforms to say the things she herself needs to hear and get support. It’s not 100% real or realistic, but I applaud the effort of putting the things you personally need to hear out into the world. While I personally find seeing her body triggering, I do not find her as a person triggering. I don’t feel like she overly body checks, not more than a normal person who is trying to look decent when filming themselves.

I think she is trying. Recovery isn’t linear or perfect, and while I don’t think she is making very fast physical progress, she seems to be making genuine small-steps-at-a-time progress, which is awesome. I wish her the absolute best and I believe in her and her recovery.

Sent from my smart refrigerator
  • Sad Poet Kid, eingeschneit, amisickenough and 9 others like this

Our Pain is always accurate and striving to evade it's only design.

#14 Sugar_Witch

Sugar_Witch

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:53 AM

There has to be compensatory behaviors we don't see, she definitely fasts and exercises when the cameras arent rolling. Its sad because the act seems to be fooling her family and they seem so sweet and supportive.
I hope she is really recovering, for her own sake.
  • Meem, Falloven and Fleur De Mal (NowhereFast) like this

#15 Bugmeat

Bugmeat

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Locationliteral hell, not even joking

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:58 AM

yeah ive seen a lot of her videos and they all seem strange to me. i think she uses youtube to bodycheck a lot which really isnt healthy for her, and it especially isnt if she edits her own videos. she seems so sweet but i feel like shes just being overly positive like Eugenia cooney to make everything look fine even tho its not fine at all. i just hope shes actually able to recover some day

“Sometimes you need a little wishful thinking just to keep on living.” - Misato Katsuragi

"Self sabotage is a sweet romance"

im annoying, message me if you dare

HW: 200lbs

LW: 122

CW: 122

Height: 5'

He/They

140-139-138-137-136-135-134-133-132-131-130

129-128-127-126-125-124-123-122-121-120

119-118-117-116-115-114-113-112-111-110

109-108-107-106-105-104-103-102-101-100

https://www.myproana.../#entry74488937

TW! my pinterest thinspo acc: https://www.pinteres...wer6669/_saved/

#16 bonk

bonk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:01 AM

I watch her to trigger myself - ik its shitty but she’s putting herself on the internet. ngl i think her arms are goals.
glad i’m not the only person whose coke across her.

#17 Meem

Meem

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:23 AM

Yes that who she reminds me of! Eugenia Cooney! The same “happy, the world is wonderful” attitude and persona. I think she’s fake and pretending to recover. Maybe a part of her hopes that if she pretends well enough she really will recover..
  • silent torture likes this

#18 bonk

bonk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:37 AM

she has a tiktok and posted a lot on there before going to youtube l- but she’s been out of inpatient for a while now and i don’t see much change in her weight. it’s rorecovering on tiktok i think

#19 bonk

bonk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:37 AM

she has a tiktok and posted a lot on there before going to youtube l- but she’s been out of inpatient for a while now and i don’t see much change in her weight. it’s rorecovering on tiktok i think

#20 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1581 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:25 PM

She was in hospital for like a week in December, and has been documenting her “all in” recovery ever since. I don’t know, there’s something not right and I don’t like it :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users