ED youtube: Ro mitchell - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ED youtube: Ro mitchell

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 6scorpio6

6scorpio6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

i find 'recovery' accounts like this where the people have apparently been in recovery for months yet haven't gained any visible weight to be like... a billion times more triggering than blatant pro-ana shit. 

i definitely put on a big show (just to my family and friends, not social media) about how pro recovery i was and having fear foods etc etc but i always compensated for it, maintaining an extremely low bmi for ages. and knowing how competitive and insidious this illness is, it really bothers me that these girls are out here making content like this when they are so obviously not genuine about their recovery. the reason this kind of 'recovery' content is so popular is because it gives people the illusion that they can 'recover' while still being uw. 

i know it's different for everyone and i don't want to judge people in their recovery, but when i had a health scare that motivated me to start recovery for real, i gained weight really fast.... even when you're still thin or borderline underweight, there's still usually bloating and puffiness, your bones and lines aren't so visible and defined. 

• kitkat27 and AbsoluteKunst like this

5'9"

cw: ???

lw: 82
just want to feel less horrible after "Recovery"

#22 meimeii

meimeii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDutch

Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:17 PM

I’ve watched alk her tiktoks and yt vids and really liked them. But to be fair, everything stated here above does make sense because with eating 3 meals, 1ste part and 2nd parts and 3 snacks there should be a big change in weight gain right? I never thought there was something off with her videos but this thread did make me think, yeah i wonder why she hasn’t gained that much (visible) weight. Maybe because she is eating veeerry slowly with tini tiny bites and water inbetween? Idk but im kinda jealous not gonna lie

#23 emaciatedlunar

emaciatedlunar

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:03 PM

I watched her for awhile now. I always thought she was being genuine, but I just saw her tiktoks. Them chestbonessssssss.. So I don't know what to think. Her family is extremely supportive though. She is so gorgeous and tiny. By the way, she did say that she gained some weight. Maybe it's just not noticeable to us. 

Edit: I just saw the tiktok with the scale. If she still has it, there is no way that she is not weighing herself.

• v!wvuv and meimeii like this

Height: 5'3"

HW: 190 lbs

Cw: 144.2 lbs

Gw5: 130 lbs

Gw6: 120 lbs 

Lw: 97 lbs

Ugw: 90 lbs

#24 ThisIsAwkward2000

ThisIsAwkward2000

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:36 PM

I really like her and she’s brought up that people accuse her of not eating the same way when off camera, I think she is trying to recover but isn’t recovering. Which hey, that’s step 1 in my opinion. Her family seems incredibly supportive but there’s obviously a lot we don’t see, I’m guessing it can get pretty volatile sometimes. She says she’s gaining weight and her mom vouches for her but it’s certainly not visible yet. (Although we don’t know where she started technically so maybe she was much much worse) I use her as a trigger not gonna lie.
  • meimeii and WithoutMuchHope like this

#25 goblincat

goblincat

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:55 PM

She's so pretty but those eyebrows are so awful. And there's something so bingey about "all-in recovery."

#26 susanrose

susanrose

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2391 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:45 PM

Honestly (unpopular opinion here, I guess.. ) the .ore videos I watch of her the more I just feel... sad... for her. Hearing her family and what they say in the background just hits me. I feel everything she is saying and believe she really is struggling with recovery and get the sense that she is putting on a "strong face" through this. I know what it is like to battle feelings of wanting to recover and trying to "fake it till you make it" and it is hell. I didnt know who she was until I looked her up after this post and honestly I identify with her so much. I don't think she is intentionally looking to get attention or anything like many of the others I have seen here. I feel like she is truly struggling with the conflict of getting healthy vs the ED and want the best for her.
  • not_my_body, amisickenough, PoemOfLifeItself and 1 other like this

#27 stellstar

stellstar

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:50 AM

regardless of how much she's gained or what's going on behind the scenes, i think ro is so so beautiful and genuine. she just emanates such a kind and compassionate energy that i think a lot of us with eds have. i wish nothing but the best for her going forwards and hope that she'll be able to recover :,)

• galacticxanax, not_my_body, amisickenough and 2 others like this

in recovery?

mostly on edc now

#28 WithoutMuchHope

WithoutMuchHope

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:36 PM

regardless of how much she's gained or what's going on behind the scenes, i think ro is so so beautiful and genuine. she just emanates such a kind and compassionate energy that i think a lot of us with eds have. i wish nothing but the best for her going forwards and hope that she'll be able to recover :,)

I agree, I think she's lovely. I also do think she has gained some visible weight- you can tell by her face and she has more colour, seems more upbeat. 

• stellstar likes this

H: 5'3

SW: 123lbs // BMI 21.7

CW: 115.7lbs // BMI 20.5

UGW: 107lbs // BMI 19.0

#29 galacticxanax

galacticxanax

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:48 PM

i don't think she's smug at all, she seems so sweet.
I do find her a bit triggering with her outfits, but if she's going to recover and lead a normal life, she's going to dress like she normally would. I dislike the repetitiveness of self-reassurance but there's that with every recovery channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • v!wvuv likes this

CW: 105 lbs / 48 kg

GW: 97 lbs / 44 kg

UGW: 92 lbs / 42 kg

♥  come read my diary , bestie ! 

#30 Meem

Meem

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:53 PM

Watched a few more. 💯 fake. She’s so cringy. It’s all for show, all an act, she doesn’t believe it for a minute. A lot of her videos have her parents in - she puts on the show for them to keep them off her back. For sure.

#31 stellstar

stellstar

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

I agree, I think she's lovely. I also do think she has gained some visible weight- you can tell by her face and she has more colour, seems more upbeat. 

that's what i thought! honestly weight gain is so strange in recovery. 

in my own personal experience, i gained from bmi 12 to 19 in 4-5 months and put on weight in my stomach and torso first. so basically in the middle of my recovery i had a mad bloated stomach that looked overweight but my extremities (lower arms and legs) still looked bmi 12. the weight only redistributed properly in the last month or two so for a good amount of time the weight gain didn't show while wearing clothes that hid my bloating, i still scared people at bmi 17-18. maybe that's what's going on with ro?

• WithoutMuchHope likes this

in recovery?

mostly on edc now

#32 envyadams

envyadams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2031 posts
  • Locationhalfaxa

Posted 24 April 2021 - 01:46 PM

this is so horrid of me but I really want to know her stats..,,, not even to trigger myself, but purely out of morbid curiosity

• stellstar likes this

subsource-done-button-uid-99-B90044-B709

HW: 136.5lbs | LW: 110lbs | CW: 110.3 lbs | GW1: 120lbs | GW2: 115lbs | GW3: 110lbs | GW4: 105 | UGW: 100lbs :D

5'2

art angel

Competitive figure skater, grimes enthusiast, literary extraordinaire

#33 lmao-idk

lmao-idk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 01:55 PM

honestly my best guess would be not that shes compensating, but that the "meal plan" she's following is just not enough to gain... i've been in "recovery" aka being made to eat 3 meals & snacks for like 8 months and still lost weight bc my body needs more. so i think shes a sweet person, but maybe not "all-in" yet to the point of actually being able to eat enough for her body

#34 Meem

Meem

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:00 PM

honestly my best guess would be not that shes compensating, but that the "meal plan" she's following is just not enough to gain... i've been in "recovery" aka being made to eat 3 meals & snacks for like 8 months and still lost weight bc my body needs more. so i think shes a sweet person, but maybe not "all-in" yet to the point of actually being able to eat enough for her body

Really? She seems to eat a lot...but maybe that’s my warped eating disorder lens. 3 meals and 2 snacks, I’d be putting on 4 pounds a week for sure 😆

#35 WithoutMuchHope

WithoutMuchHope

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:10 PM

that's what i thought! honestly weight gain is so strange in recovery. 

in my own personal experience, i gained from bmi 12 to 19 in 4-5 months and put on weight in my stomach and torso first. so basically in the middle of my recovery i had a mad bloated stomach that looked overweight but my extremities (lower arms and legs) still looked bmi 12. the weight only redistributed properly in the last month or two so for a good amount of time the weight gain didn't show while wearing clothes that hid my bloating, i still scared people at bmi 17-18. maybe that's what's going on with ro?

Yes, this would make sense too as she always wears baggy clothes which hide her midsection. Like, no matter how low your bmi when you start recovery you are always going to bloat regardless. A healthy bmi of 19 is still very skinny when not bloated and eating normally. 

• amisickenough, stellstar and ossaossaossa like this

H: 5'3

SW: 123lbs // BMI 21.7

CW: 115.7lbs // BMI 20.5

UGW: 107lbs // BMI 19.0

#36 lmao-idk

lmao-idk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:38 PM

Really? She seems to eat a lot...but maybe that’s my warped eating disorder lens. 3 meals and 2 snacks, I’d be putting on 4 pounds a week for sure 😆

hahaha i get what u mean... but ur metabolism normalizes pretty quickly making it impossible to gain anything even when eating like >2000 which is honestly scary

the other thing i’m not sure of is whether ro does anything to try and like “cheat” her meals, bc she does use things like zero cal syrup so maybe she’s trying to make it seem like she eats more calories than she acc does

#37 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1581 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:51 PM

hahaha i get what u mean... but ur metabolism normalizes pretty quickly making it impossible to gain anything even when eating like >2000 which is honestly scary

the other thing i’m not sure of is whether ro does anything to try and like “cheat” her meals, bc she does use things like zero cal syrup so maybe she’s trying to make it seem like she eats more calories than she acc does

There was a thing a couple of months ago about how she photoshopped her photos, which she denied, and then she archived some posts so I’m not too sure. In her videos though she does tense and angle to look a certain way. You’ve really got to be careful when trusting ED YouTubers

#38 Meem

Meem

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:57 PM

Yes exactly - never trust a person with ED, we are sneaky mother f. 😂 she’s got over half a million views on some of her videos, she’s just like eugina cooney - it’s in her interest to keep her disorder...complete recovery means no more followers 🙄

#39 envyadams

envyadams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2031 posts
  • Locationhalfaxa

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:58 PM

I noticed in her most recent video, her chest bones weren't AS prominent, so maybe that's good?

I remember seeing her first video and being SO freaking jealous of her collar and chest bones... they were so visible

subsource-done-button-uid-99-B90044-B709

HW: 136.5lbs | LW: 110lbs | CW: 110.3 lbs | GW1: 120lbs | GW2: 115lbs | GW3: 110lbs | GW4: 105 | UGW: 100lbs :D

5'2

art angel

Competitive figure skater, grimes enthusiast, literary extraordinaire

#40 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3132 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 24 April 2021 - 03:45 PM

I may be wildly wrong here but idk, i first caught wind of her months ago (she pops up in my recommended bc I watch A LOT of ed related stuff) and I found her videos instantly eyebrow raising. Her constant showing her body and her whole demeanor are just way off to me

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
  • PoemOfLifeItself likes this
Accountability: https://www.myproana...accountability/
Shortcut to my rants: https://www.myproana...-bullshit-dump/

Binge free since 06/16/2021
Purge free since nvmd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users