ED youtube: Ro mitchell - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ED youtube: Ro mitchell

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5682 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 April 2021 - 05:47 PM

I think for Ro, her idea of what 'All-In' means is that she is giving it her all. I haven't yet heard her say it's to do with eating a crazy high amount like Stephanie Buttermore did.

That's the impression I got anyway.
  • galacticxanax, amisickenough, wrapped in plastic and 1 other like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#42 Diet_Coke_Head

Diet_Coke_Head

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 07:11 PM

Idk sounds like every other ana vloggers that ever existed prolly but I'm still excited to have new thinspo later. Youtube thinspo is my fav thinspo.

#43 Anorexicfatwhore

Anorexicfatwhore

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:17 PM

It only took me less than half a video to raise an eyebrow. Constantly pushing her hair back to show collarbones, Her sleeves she does wear are ALWAYS rolled up JUST enough to show how tiny her wrists or elbows are. Not to mention as I watched more videos, I definitely caught her looking into the view finder during certain positions.

Also she said it's been "a few months" --- I would expect to see SOME kind of progress in her being weight restored (meaning some kind of progress towards it)

She mentioned how tik tok took her stuff down. So I tried to find some videos and one def looked like some body checking.

I dunno...So many of the comments say she's inspiring, etc. I can't put a finger on it, but I find her triggering. I can't explain why, but my gut instinct says she isn't ready to be showing her journey on youtube. She definitely needs to consider doing some trigger warnings too. The amount of time she expresses anorexic thought processes, and just showing how hard or challenging some things are for her to eat....if it panged my heart I could definitely see it causing someone vulnerable attempting to recover being scared off by it.

I don’t agree with this maybe you’re right idk but I tend to always roll my sleeves or push my hair back when I get anxiety I think she does the same tbh
  • not_my_body likes this

#44 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2361 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:19 PM

I don’t agree with this maybe you’re right idk but I tend to always roll my sleeves or push my hair back when I get anxiety I think she does the same tbh

While looking at herself in the viewfinder as she does it?

I mean you can disagree, this is all opinion, but...I'm of the mindset that if it looks like a duck and goes QUACK....then it's probably a duck. 

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#45 SkullsAndAshes

SkullsAndAshes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

i noticed in a few challenges she does, she tends to wear a lot of like short sleeved clothing, and you can easily see how tiny her arms are and her collarbones. like, i know she’s trying to recover but lowkey it’s very triggering and shes constantly doing lowkey body checks in her videos/tiktoks

Sadly it may just be a marketing tactic. Free advertising. “Click on me”

PROFILE PIC IS REAL ME
Ana+Mia. Born in 1999. Bisexual. insta: SweetiePotatoAsh1

was recovered 2017-2020
Height: 5'3
HW: 145 (recovery 2019) Hbmi 25.6
LW: 83 (2017) Lbmi 14.7
CW: 134 Cbmi: 23.7
~GW: 75 ugh ~
I’m a witch bitch

http://www.myfitness...oreangirlashley

5c064e91332b9cb5bdb78c76d55938f7.giftumblr_o7ggiyDf9i1rzen6uo7_r1_400.gif

#46 WithoutMuchHope

WithoutMuchHope

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:54 PM

I think she genuinely is recovering. You can see in her latest videos, her weight gain is a lot more evident. 

Good for her. 

• not_my_body likes this

H: 5'3

SW: 123lbs // BMI 21.7

CW: 115.7lbs // BMI 20.5

UGW: 107lbs // BMI 19.0

#47 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3634 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:19 AM

Not some I could claim as recovery oriented...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  • ForeverDieting likes this

#48 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5682 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:14 AM

Same here. Expecually with the sleeves. Like it calms me down having long baggy sleeves up around my elbows when I'm anxious.

Don't really know why but I'm thinking it's a sensory thing.
  • Anorexicfatwhore likes this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#49 fairies

fairies

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5871 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:52 AM

I think when talking about stuff like this most people here forget that they are obsessed with these things and consciously or not will tend to be looking for things like that. It also literally isn’t true that ALL of her thumbnails are bodychecks or bone shots, she’s actually quite covered up in a lot of them and looks like she’s just dressing like a normal person which you know, she’s allowed to do. But people with EDs are of course, obsessive so that = every single one of her thumbnails is that when it’s closer to being half and half. People also tend to recover slower at home than they do in a hospital setting when people are talking about her not gaining weight and such which I don’t think is true. I do believe she is trying and wants to recover, but may just be struggling which you’d think a lot of people here would have more compassion for. I believe she’s stated before that she does struggle a lot and that’s not always seen and does talk about that as well so I don’t think she has a fake happy persona. She also only started YouTube like three months ago. She doesn’t have to share everything especially things that are deeply personal things or for every video to be like that. Also like yeah she may be looking at herself, but bodychecking is not something you can easily turn off either and a lot of people do still do that sometimes not even consciously while they’re trying to recover or it could even just be out of anxiety and struggling with how she looks.
  • not_my_body likes this

#50 rotten_apple

rotten_apple

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:02 AM

I've been following her because of her "eating challenges", I found her so smart, sweet and admirable, I never really noticed anything off. I didn't think much about her weight, her clothes and the way she poses maybe because I only watched that type of content and nothing else, if she hasn't gained any weight since she's in recovery, well... that's sketchy. What a disappointment.

• StarryNights11 likes this

Twisting deep inside of me,
Forever missing, the glistening.

— SOiL, Unreal.

28. Italy. EDNOS
Flexitarian trying to go full vegan.

Drugs and alcohol are my only friends.

Current accountability thread: Losing weight before I get tattooed
Older ones: [April 2021] [April 2021 - Failed attempt] [April 2021]

Blog: for friends only

Introduction: [here]

115 lbs / 52 kg

112 lbs / 51 kg

CW: 111 lbs / 50.4 kg

GW #1: as little as possible by the 15th of June [failed]

GW #1: 108 lbs / 49 kg

GW #2: 106 lbs / 47 kg
GW #3: 99 lbs / 45 kg
GW #4: 95 lbs / 43 kg
GW #5: 88 lbs / 40 kg

Spoiler

#51 fairies

fairies

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5871 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:31 AM

I've been following her because of her "eating challenges", I found her so smart, sweet and admirable, I never really noticed anything off. I didn't think much about her weight, her clothes and the way she poses maybe because I only watched that type of content and nothing else, if she hasn't gained any weight since she's in recovery, well... that's sketchy. What a disappointment.

I think she has gained a small amount of weight and weight restoration can be a lot slower for people at home and she may be just struggling with it as well, but I do think she’s trying.

#52 Fleur De Mal (NowhereFast)

Fleur De Mal (NowhereFast)

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationMidlands, UK

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:24 AM

In her defence, she does genuinely look she’s gained some weight in her IG stories today
  • not_my_body likes this

#53 Anorexicfatwhore

Anorexicfatwhore

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:32 AM

In her defence, she does genuinely look she’s gained some weight in her IG stories today

Yeah and her new video she mentioned she went up pant sizes I’m genuinely proud of her though she lowkey inspires me I luv her sm
  • not_my_body, fairies, Fleur De Mal (NowhereFast) and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users