on which bmi my thighs will be social-distancing? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

on which bmi my thighs will be social-distancing?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 s.yahari

s.yahari

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Locationplanet birb

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:06 PM

I wanna know the same thing. mine were just exchanging greetings at bmi 20 but I've never been below so idk. probably 18-19 for me though, and maybe most ppl.
m4lIbac.png

#22 Ticcat

Ticcat

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:16 PM

I usually have one even when I’m at a higher BMI 18-19 but it’s like prominent at 17.

#23 the vvitch

the vvitch

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:23 PM

I am also pear shaped to the fuckin max (currently BMI 23ish with massive hips of 40" and a waist of 26.5" and NOT A TIT in sight) I had a beginning of a thigh gap around bmi 17 to 16.5.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
  • eggrolls74 likes this

giphy.gif?w=525&ssl=1

hw:150 lbs

lw: 87 lbs

cw: 136 lbs

gw: 95 lbs

#24 SpongebobZeroPants

SpongebobZeroPants

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under the sea?

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:36 PM

This will be very individual, and depend on muscle mass, as well as the literal distance of your leg bones from each other to start with, aside from the shape of your muscles there, and fat distribution - which BTW, can change over time, and be easier to achieve at some points in your life vs. others, at the exact same weight. It will also depend on the types of foods you eat, the exercises you do. No two people will be exactly alike. It also depends on just how much "social distancing" you're talking about.

Honestly, this thigh gap thing is a dumb trend, that I think has long since played itself out. And, it's super sexist. No guy is going around like, "Oh, I need to get rid of my thigh muscle, so girls can see my dick easier. Omfg I am so fat, girls will hate me because they can't see the other side of my balls from behind my butt!" Some people have a thigh gap without even trying, at mid-range BMIs. Some will literally kill themselves trying to get it, and won't have it even at a BMI 14. It means absolutely nothing. Except bodies are different around the world. Which, yeah they are. Same with collarbones, ribs, waist, ankles... all the things people freak out about and compare, meanwhile they likely already have the thing another person is coveting.

• 2BeThinEnough, StarvingLlama*-* and lowcalskinnyy like this

I am trying hard to stay medically stable, after having caused permanent multiple organ damage, and losing everything I loved in my life to ED.

Did you know?:

*Female bodies generally require a minimum 1200cal/day; Males, 1800cal/day; just to have basic organ function (can require a lot more if tall and/or athletic).

*800 cal/day or less is considered medical starvation.

*The definition of high restriction is no more than a few hundred cals below TDEE. The definition of low restriction is generally anywhere between your BMR (likely at least 1200 cal/day), and high restriction. So for a person who when healthy has a TDEE of 2000 cal/day, high restriction is about 1600-1950, and low restriction is about 1200-1600. With patience, it is very possible to increase your TDEE so you can eat a lot more without gain.

*Eating less harms metabolism and shuts down systems. Eating more than the bare minimum can make metabolism work faster, and also help you feel way better. Low restriction is not necessary, is counterproductive, often leads to binges, and is super dangerous. It also causes the body to eat muscle and bone faster, which frequently leads to heart failure, osteoporosis, and seizures, among other things.

*The brain requires at least 130g of carbs at minimum, per day, just to function. And that is assuming you're not doing a ton of exercise, or very tall or muscular, or in other ways burning through the stores more quickly. Eating less than that, risks not only your intelligence, but causes more anxiety, BDD, depression, makes it very hard to think clearly and make reasonable decisions (including regarding the ED), and risks your organs failing because the brain is responsible for telling each of them what to do. It can also lead to dizziness, coordination, and speech and language problems. 

*You train your brain how to think, and your body how to act, with repetitive behaviors. Repeating healthy thoughts and behaviors every day makes being healthy get a lot easier. Repeating unhealthy thoughts and behaviors every day, makes getting better a lot harder.

*Malnutrition biologically causes depression, anxiety, and OCD behaviors like ED to get way worse. The brain needs carbs, healthy fats, B vitamins, Vit. D, calcium, and magnesium, among other things, to be able to think straight and feel happy. Getting enough of each, can make ED symptoms lessen in whole lot in time.

*Drinking around 96 oz. water/day, getting in daily balanced electrolytes and a multivitamin, and eating just a little bit of a wide range of foods and types of nutrients, can reduce likelihood for organ failure and seizures.

*The longer you stay in ED, the more severe your behaviors need to be to get the same results. It gets way harder over time, not easier, to hit goals.

*ED damage is cumulative, and each relapse gets increasingly more dangerous.

*Pro-ana content makes people sadder.

*ED makes everything in life worse, and does not solve problems. Building a wide range of stress management skills is a much better option, that also has longer-lasting results.

*Recovery might feel rough for a year, or a year and a half, but will feel awesome then for the rest of your life. Harm reduction is way better than nothing! Each day we get to live, is a new day to start over and try again.

*A majority of people with ED recover fully eventually. You can get there! The sooner you try, and commit fully to it though, the easier it is and the more likely it is to be permanent. It is easier if you don't have brain/organ damage yet. Keep trying! You deserve to be happy and healthy. <3

#25 PoemOfLifeItself

PoemOfLifeItself

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Locationpennsylvania

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:37 PM

my hips are 36 inch, so 19ish 

formerly known as CallMeBlu been on here since 2015

They/them age 18

ED  for a decade gang

lw 82.6 (5'5?)

5'7

lw2 102 hospitalized 

hw 137  recovery

cw 114 6/2

cbmi 17.9

giphy.gif

#26 Sugar_Witch

Sugar_Witch

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:51 PM

I had a thigh sliver at 18.5, but even then my knees touched. Its the boney parts that touch so I probably will never get a full thigh gap.
At least I could have one when wearing shoes.

#27 losing myself

losing myself

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3071 posts
  • Locationdown the rabbit hole

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

6 feet apart? BMI negative seven.

Honestly though, I'm short and carry weight in my stomach area and in my thighs. Even so, I have a thigh gap at like BMI 20.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

dx: an-r, mdd, social phobia, ocd, and generalized anxiety disorder

~she/her~   ~filthy vegan liberal~  ~infj~    

my accountability thread    //  \\    my food & recipe dump // \\ feel like shit?

stats

Spoiler

random shit i like (ptw)

Spoiler

#28 GrungeBarbie

GrungeBarbie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:59 PM

19 for me.

#29 Mostor

Mostor

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCalorieFreeLand

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:11 PM

Am a male, thigh gap at 19

230 220 210 200 190 185 175 165 155 147 143 137 132 130 128 125 121 117 110

5'11" gay anorexic boi (20y)

#30 accidentaldamage

accidentaldamage

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:41 PM

I started getting one around a bmi of 21. 5’2”, 117 lbs were my stats.

#31 gilgi

gilgi

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

bmi 22 and below, i have pretty wide hips and im a pear, too.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

#32 LittleLexi

LittleLexi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:17 PM

I always had a thigh gap, even at my normal weight (bmi 19)

~Laura Lexi~

Height: 5'9.5" (176 cm)

HW: 130lbs (BMI 19.1)

LW: 82lbs

CW: 82lbs (BMI 12.1)

#33 Melancholic Doll

Melancholic Doll

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationTwilight Town

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:21 PM

I got a wiiiiiiiide set of hips, so I had a decent gap at like, 19.5-ish even though my thighs were still so large and my legs are straight

————.. Through the Night, Towards the Dawn. ..————

Accountability ☾ 

original.gif

Height: 5'5"/165cm

tumblr_mdpjr29Ohc1qdlkyg.gif

#34 Problems21

Problems21

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:46 PM

so according to my numerous important researches, the buzzfeed testes i done, the questions i asked on here, the millions of questions i read on quora -is it forbidden here to give a website name, idk sorry- reddit? and other sites... i'm pear shaped and my bmi is huge <3

even at the time that my upper body was looking like a literal skeleton, i had the thunder feel the thunder lighting and the thunder thighs. my bmi back then was 18.8

so in which bmi you had your thigh gap?

I have a thigh gap at BMI 19 so I do think it’s genetic. at BMI 15 my thighs are only 2 inches smaller than BMI 19 which just constantly annoys me. I feel your pain because I look hurrendous from the hips up like every bone is visible my back looks scarey but my legs look normal and it’s now a fixation I obsess about it drives me mad!!! Legs and ass just go away!
6ft 1 -185cm
CW 8st 4 - 116lbs
HW 10st 6 - 156lbs
GW- more than this because it sucks. But also less than this because I’m curious.

I updated my signature because I forgot it was a thing and just laughed at my old GWs. I look hurrendous ✌️.

#35 bulimica

bulimica

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationBrazil 🇧🇷

Posted 12 April 2021 - 03:51 PM

Got a thigh gap at BMI 17.2 and still not decent sized. I’m not short btw, almost 5’6. Just very bottom heavy.

#36 only-bones

only-bones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Locationmy bedroom, probably

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:05 PM

I get a thigh gap at about 18

it all depends on how you're built though. some people usually have one, some people never get one...I don't have super wide hips but I have knock knees and that's why I have a thigh gap lol. I feel like a lot of people with knock knees will get one, but that's just anecdotal.

yep. my knock knees are pretty mild (4-ish inches between my ankles) and i've had a thigh gap for as long as i've had funky knees. still get chub rub on the upper thighs though  :angry:  

thank you for reading me <3

#37 Boneydeath

Boneydeath

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:06 PM

I was 17.2 at some point, but I was nowhere close to a thigh gap. I still had enormous thighs.

GW: 52 

GW2:50

GW3:47

UGW:44! 

CW:52.8

height: 170

#38 Maps1331

Maps1331

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:08 PM

I have the triangle gap at bmi 25. I have large thughs and very wide pear shape.my upper body shows ribs and hipbones even while iverweight because of my ass and thighs beung so heavy

#39 bluexvenus

bluexvenus

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Locationin a pond of low cal tears

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:22 PM

im 5'1 and my thigh gap was most visible when i hit bmi 16

10BB458C63DE4CA4AC8D.jpeg

~Belle  Épave. 

~Belle  Épave.

#40 PhattSticc

PhattSticc

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationFloridian Hell

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:33 PM

I have a BMI of about 18.6-18.8 right now and have a very small one. My body is more rectangular so my hips don’t go out as much but my stomach goes in. Then I have shoulders like a linebacker.

Only at BMI 16 did I really get a full one but even then while wearing jeans the fat at the very top of my legs would touch. It takes until BMI 15 or 14 for that to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats:

Spoiler
 giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users