When did you realise you had rumination disorder, and have you seen a professional about it? - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

When did you realise you had rumination disorder, and have you seen a professional about it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kippo^

Kippo^

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:20 AM

I know this forum is mainly used for c/s so I’d like to clarify that I want to discuss about rumination disorder (unintentional regurgitation of food).

So, for those who don’t mind to share, how did you realise you had rumination disorder and have you seen a doctor about it? Could you share your experiences?

Personally, I haven’t been diagnosed but I seem to have some symptoms. I’d started b/p-ing hf because I realised I could regurgitate food from my stomach without too much difficulty...which I really don’t recommend.

#2 thcknhrty

thcknhrty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:06 AM

I didn’t realize until I went to the doctor and they actually diagnosed me with purging disorder, but my mom said even since I was a baby I would just throw up my food. They think it’s because I had colic and never properly learned to relax my stomach muscles to this day.
  • Kippo^ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users