fatigue, an old friend. anyone else? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

fatigue, an old friend. anyone else?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laceflor

laceflor

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:30 AM

I have been fighting fatigue for the past decade

Ever since I was diagnosed with Lyme disease at a young age, I've been battling fatigue. It's gotten to the point where I stay in bed for hours. I am dealing with moderate to severe mental illness as the cherry on top. I can hardly get up to take a shower. I have to take breaks while I'm showering all while I'm sitting on a shower chair. When I get out, I collapse on the bed.

I dropped out of school because I couldn't wake up in the mornings. I would be exhausted afterwards but I would stay up come next morning and suffer the cycle once more. I remember having shouting matches with my parents as a teenager because they couldn't comprehend why I didn't want to go to school. Well, eventually I was put in behavioral. After I got out, the cycle started anew.

My previous therapist recommended I drop out of school and get my GED. I still haven't gotten it yet. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of. Perhaps I'm afraid that I'll never get a job because I'm too tired to stand on my feet all day. Perhaps my crippling social anxiety is taking the wheel and telling me I'll never have success in life while I look like an unreliable weakling.

The thing is, fatigue is such a vague symptom doctors haven't been able to pinpoint where it's coming from. I'm anxious to know what the source of it is so I can focus on my mental health. No such luck.

Has anyone else here been or is a victim of chronic fatigue?

#2 laceflor

laceflor

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:23 PM

I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users