Low-carb vs allergies - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Low-carb vs allergies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 awareness

awareness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:20 AM

Henlo!!
My BMI is 22,6, I'm 20, 167cm (almost 5'6) and always around 62kg (137lbs). When I was 57kg (126lbs) I found myself acceptable, yet I was still unsatisfied with my thighs (I really want a thigh gap) and my arms, so I'd love to reach a healthy minimum for my height, which is 50kg (110lbs).

I'm not a fan of food in overall so restrictions are easy for me. I'm very lazy though so I'd really not want to spend a lot of time cooking - if it weren't for my mom, I think I'd eat bread for every meal, I'm this lazy.

I'm also allergic to dairy, nuts, soy, gram and fructose (so vast majority of fruit and vegetables) - and that's where the trouble starts, because I mostly eat bread.

1. Are there any low-effort and low-carb meals you'd guys recommend that won't kill me? (a little bit of dairy or fructose is ok)
2. Also, does low-carb actually work? Any calorie restrictions nor workout gives me nice results and I often get never ending plateau.
3. Did you get a plateau during it?
4. Is workout mandatory during this diet? Like, will the diet work without it, or much slower, or not at all?
5. How quick are the results visible? I'm very patient, but when it comes to losing weight, then, well... not really.

I'm aware I have to read a lot about the restrictions themselves and other stuff, but I wanted to ask y'all just to start :)

#2 whatsthename

whatsthename

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:38 AM

serious response: dont restrict carbs purposely.

you'll end up yo-yoing and gaining, throwing your blood sugars out, and hating yourself.

try eating a few more eggs and protein. eg. replace one normal 'bready' meal with eggs, tuna and salad 

#3 awareness

awareness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:42 PM

serious response: dont restrict carbs purposely.
you'll end up yo-yoing and gaining, throwing your blood sugars out, and hating yourself.
try eating a few more eggs and protein. eg. replace one normal 'bready' meal with eggs, tuna and salad

So restricting them to 40/50% would be ok AND work? Or less? I didn't really think about cutting them down completely, maybe to 10-20%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users