My 7&11 Day Fasts: Now Fasting Again - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My 7&11 Day Fasts: Now Fasting Again

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:09 AM

Fasting Again...Again
Aiming for an easy 96hrs as a recovery fast from my last refeed, but I don’t wanna be refeeding again at midnight so gonna push for 18 hours after that so I can eat at 6pm the next day :)
- 24hrs ✅
- 48 hrs ✅
- 72hrs ✅
- 96hrs ✅
- 114hrs

The successful end of my first fast (7 Days) and beginning of my second (11 Day) is on Page 2 Post #39. That second fast ends on Page 4 Post 69

Thanks for stopping by and reading everyone <3

————————————————
- Original Intro to My 7 Day Fast -

I’m going to be fasting till I’m under 50kg, I’m starting at 52.9kg so not too far off. I just came off a 5 day fast 3 hours ago ( https://www.myproana...-five-day-fast/ ) had a 1200 calorie re-feed and now I’m back fasting again (it’s 3am my time)

My fasting ideal fasting benchmarks:
- 7 days
- 10 days
- 12 days
- 21 days

But, as the title suggests this fast is more about weight for me than past fasts. I know it’s not necessarily advised to measure fasts by the scale, but my number ocd is crazy, I’m really tired of seeing 50s on my scale and 3kg isn’t much for me to lose when fasting. I’ve been fasting consistently and learning about myself and how to manage during a fast for over a month now (doing 22s,48s,71s, a 93 and a 120) so feel like I’m mentally ready for this

The rules:
- no food calories (herbal tea with stevia is okay)
- supplements only as I want to take them (I take them regularly when doing shorter fasts, but this time is special and I want to last and if not taking helps then so be it)
- only exercising when I want too (same sentiment as far as lasting through the fast)
  • Fitted, Choco_Bitch_612, electricheartlilacsoul and 4 others like this

#2 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:56 AM

Update: 1
Hours in: 6

For the first time in a while I weighed myself after a refeed, 1.75lbs heavier than yesterday, and I’m okay with it. It’ll come off fast and it wasn’t a binge so that’s okay with me. Also, at the doctor yesterday they weighed me with my clothes, boots, and side bag on so I had already seen an uncomfortable number on the scale, but could somehow rationalize it because I know that’s a lot of extra clothing (seriously, how is weighing someone with their bag and extra thick soled combat boots an accurate way of measuring at all. But I also get it cause I wasn’t in there for ED stuff and it was an initial intake) so long story short, I’m not panicking over my number this morning

My blood sugar is coming back down, and I’m hungry, I’ll make it through, gonna take my first Vyvanse in 4 years! So excited, love this stuff, so glad to have a prescription again. It really really helps me with fasting and being productive while fasting
  • electricheartlilacsoul likes this

#3 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

Update: 2
Hours in: 12

Supps so far:
- iodine
- D&K
- Horsetail
- Gymnema
- Cayenne
- Potassium

Potassium is new this fast, just got it today and hoping it helps with the dizziness and mini standing up blackouts

Random food shit PSA : During my re-feed yesterday I tried raw aloe from the plant cause I love trying new things, health benefits, and it just looks cool.... and I don’t recommend it at all to anyone who doesn’t like bitter things. It’s supposed to be better cooked, but it was messy, I was lazy, heard it’s better for you raw, and I didn’t want hot food or to cook and then wait for it to cool. But because I’m crazy and don’t like just giving up on things, I then tried to blend it with a banana, sweetener and defatted PB. Still gross. Worst $1.50 I’ve ever spent and it didn’t even make me shit like it does for some people

#4 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:28 PM

Update:3
Hours in:18

Tea:
- Berry w/sweetener
- Apple cinnamon spice
- Lemon ginger
- Black

More supps: first day without terrible nausea when taking vitamins, I think it’s because of the re-feed? I try not to take fat soluble ones while fasting if possible, but the water ones bother me too sometimes
- Dandelion
- Cranberry
- Green tea
- ACV

Meal prep:
- Cooked my partner stir fry for dinner and made rice dumplings
- Prepped half of the frozen bananas needed for smoothies all week for my partner (he wants the rest more brown for the health benefits) I do a mix of green and brown, so you get the benefits of both
- Marinated beets and artichokes in vinegar and lemon juice (in separate bags) for me and stuck them in the freezer
- Organizer my fridge and freezer
- Cleaned my stove
- Shelled a bunch of pistachios
- prepped to make granola bars tomorrow
- re-heated fries for my partner for a snack

Note to self: Never buy erythritol again.
If it works for you it works for you, but my thing is stevia (granulated only). This is my second time making this mistake, I’m so forgetful sometimes....

#5 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:25 AM

Update:4
Hours in: 24
Days in 1

Tea: ginger lemon

More supps:
- multi
- Calcium
- Collagen

Food thoughts:
Coconut water... safe or not safe for me once the fast is over...same with no sugar added almond milk......

Drink I tried I’m disappointed in: alo zero, both flavors. Very promising as I love aloe drinks, but tastes chemically to me even though it’s organic, I think it’s because I’m picky about my stevia and certain ones (particularly the liquid) taste funky to me?

Waist chain is on, three links down (pretty tight) , new fasting candle is lit

Period hasn’t started yet, thank god, so don’t wanna deal with it yet
  • Luv50kg likes this

#6 WitheringWallflower

WitheringWallflower

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:45 AM

if you do not mind me asking - how much weight did you lose after your 5 day fast? (:

#7 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:08 AM

Update:5
Hours in: 30

Most productive day ever yesterday thanks to vyv, I did get a quick cramp in my right calf and was pretty lightheaded/quick little vision blackouts (don’t worry I’ve been having those forever, and they don’t bother me, more of an annoyance) when I stood up, so ordered a new electrolyte supplement. Most electrolytes I get through my normal vitamins but I don’t wanna have to depend on them if I feel nauseous taking them again in a few days

The one thing about yesterday is I didn’t exercise, but I did do a crazy amount of work around the house and on the house (we are renovating right now) so my calorie burn was as least better than normal in that way. Gonna make definitely make time to exercise today, I have the energy and will so it’s important for me to

#8 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:10 AM

if you do not mind me asking - how much weight did you lose after your 5 day fast? (:

I didn’t record a true starting weight cause that fast didn’t start about weight loss for me, but I did step on the scale 30h in and was 125 which then went down to 116.3 which is a 8.7lb loss :)

#9 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:30 PM

Update: 6
Hours in:36

I woke up at 53.3kg today, and it was mildly disappointing, but makes sense. In the past it would take me two fasting/light eating days to reset from a refeed so makes sense it would be the same, and I’m half way back down after 24h so the math adds up. That means though, I’m gonna be a little pissy if I don’t see 52.9 on that scale. This is the problem with fasting for weight loss, you can do a great job pushing through but still be sad when the scale doesn’t move.....just realized that’s the problem with scales in general, but I guess it’s just more demotivating than usual when you know you were on zero with no excess sodium or carbs to keep you down . I like to use my “failures” to give me motivation to work through another day, but it definitely takes some meditation for me to do that

I’m gonna be gross y’all (I don’t really think it’s gross but I have a weird tolerance for what bothers me). Last fast I shit my brains out on the second/third day, I mean straight diarrhea. I was sooo satisfying, especially since I didn’t take anything to make myself shit on purpose. I normally take a few natural supps that aid digestion, but not that just make you poop. As an ex lax abuser, it’s a good feeling when it just happens, I always feel cleaner and lighter but without the lax complications. And with that... had a great and surprising poop this morning, I don’t feel totally empty/clean yet, but still very satisfied given I’m only a day and a half in (especially since my partner asked that I have meat with him on my re-feed and I did, and I have a thing where I always give myself three days grace period after eating meat cause it goes through me slower than veggies sometimes) :)

#10 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:50 AM

Update 7
Hours in: 42

Supps:
- more cayenne
- Multi
I wrote an entire novel about adding to my meditation altar, and then decided it was better not to overwhelm y’all with that all at once

52.9 after 450cals worth of elliptical (I don’t look at time, just calories) and forgetting to drink for the past 6 hours. Feels good, to be back to where I was before my refeed even if it does feel like it’s partially due to dehydration, which I’m currently fixing right now. Hopefully actually progressing tomorrow, maybe 52.7?

I haven’t been following my normal morning routine of making tea and such, not a bad thing, maybe my routine is just shifting, that can be good. Ritual is great, but progress, development, evolution, adaptation, growth, and innovation is better. Not feeling like I’m inflexible and bound to fail without my rituals, that’s the bad place I don’t want to be

#11 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Update 8
Hours in 48
Days in 2

Food I made for my partner today:
- his protein smoothie
- leftover asian food
- Granola bars
Supps:
- cayenne
- Horsetail
- Potassium
- Iodine
Tea:
- lemon ginger mixed with apple cinnamon spice : for some reason the apple cinnamon spice wasn’t appetizing alone, maybe it was because it was cold? But also I know my tastes change while I fast

I’ve been colder than normal today, but not bothered about it. The weather is colder, and our heat is lower too, not worried and nothing I’ve never felt before

#12 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:02 PM

Update 9
Hours in 54

Been mucus-y . Just sometimes that happens when I fast, better out than in

But Fuuuck. Nausea. Didn’t mention it before but energy in the toilet last night. I really just crashed. Took a caffeine and I felt a little better energy wise. The nausea wore off, couldn’t really be productive, but didn’t feel like dying either

My partner asked if I ate for the first time in awhile (usually once every few months he asks, more frequently if I’m losing though). It was kinda validating, but also I lied to him for the first time in years and said I “picked at snacks in the kitchen”. What really broke my heart was that he then asked if I was lying and I said no. He left it alone then because he is generally respectful of when I’m fasting and trying to lose (which he thinks it’s only 10lbs), which in some ways makes me feel even worse cause I’m taking advantage of that niceness

#13 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:37 AM

Update 10
Hours in 60
Days in 2

Tea: lemon ginger

I got a diffuser and three oils yesterday, all of mine are packed in storage for the next few months and I really missed the way the scent of the oils helped clear my mind. Also, I wanted a separate one for my altar and this one was super cheap $12

Up early and made tea this morning, like the habit/ritual I was talking about, guess some things fluctuate in and out of my life sometimes. Honestly I like getting up hours before my partner for me time, i think it’s important/beneficial for my mental health. There are days when it doesn’t happen and I’m fine then too, but always better when I have morning me time. Been this way for years, usually exercise, stretch, read, and write

Also, one third of the way to 180 hours (which is low key my first goal now and what I have my life fasting app set to)

#14 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:19 AM

Update 11
Hours in 66
Days in 2

I felt like dying on the elliptical today (400cals) which was upsetting not the number but how I felt. Steady state cardio has always been a comfort to me even when I wasn’t trying to lose, and I love ellip cause my knees. Maybe I’m just being unrealistic, it’s only my second day back to doing elliptical in awhile, was just jogging for a while before I got my ellip back

Also just to be clear/not to be deceptive or misleading. My entries are written during the times and intervals that I label them as, I know the time stamps I post don’t really line up. Sometimes I just don’t post them until later cause i get easily distracted these days, or I have another few hours in that interval, want to wait till the end of the interval to post in case there is something in a bit I want to add...and then it just totally slips me

#15 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:17 AM

Update 12
Hours in 72
Days in 3

52.5/115.5lbs - amazing number but really feeling the effects, it’s worth it though. Only 2.6kg/5.7lbs to go , I don’t give up on hard days, the day after is usually better and sleep does miracles for resetting

In my diffuser today I had lemongrass and cinnamon oil, and I chose green for the LED, it just felt right: very healing and energizing (same with the addition of the cinnamon oil to the lemongrass that I used yesterday)

I’ve been using notepad a lot to write but I started scratching my sporadic thoughts down in a basic school lined notebook as well as daily to-dos and I just realized how much I miss the action of actual writing, but I guess I also often miss the action of actual drawing vs digital when I’m away from it for too long

#16 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2021 - 11:00 AM

Update 13
Hours in 78
Days in 3

Felt like absolute shit last night, his crashed out of nowhere, completely drained and uncapable of doing anything so went to bed super early. Feel better this morning though, slept way in

In my main accountability early on I mentioned really liking games, but gonna take a second to talk about it here too. Seriously, they are such a great distraction and calming/relaxing thing for me. What I can really get lost in for weeks if not months are good MMOs (I lost so much of my life to Black Desert Online, and multiple times XD) but it’s been a few years since I’ve played now and I haven’t found another that I’ve liked to that extent. I played a month of maple story 2 and that was good for a bit, but that’s about it. Also, I’m kind glad that there hasn’t/isn’t gonna be one in a while for me cause as I said it eats my life and since I’m not a professional streamer (I tried but my anxiety is too high) that’s not a good thing for being productive. The next MMO I’m looking forward to is DokeV which is supposed to be Pokémon style-ish, open world, 3D, super cute, and also by Pearl Abyss so I have high hopes but the release date keeps getting pushed back. Grateful for the late release, but also really hope it doesn’t just get canceled

During this fast and last BloonsTD (and very minorly plants vs zombies2) has kept me sane. I’ve always always loooved tower defenses and Bloons has always been the best in the genre at the time of release. It feeds my need to control, soothes my anxiety in a few ways, and let’s my mind focus on something stupid while I recharge

#17 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2021 - 11:00 AM

Update 14
Hours in 84
Days in 3

I feel like I’m on my period in every way except for blood coming out of me, and I’m 4 days late. What does it mean? I don’t know, but I didn’t want my period right now (I know I know periods are important, I don’t care) so it’s all good

There are many things on my to-do list every day, so many that I don’t get to, even my “dailies”. I can’t seem to prune them down though even though I know I’m setting myself up for failure. Usually I just remind myself to be to myself since I’m on a fast and not operating at full potential and I can be okay with that. I’m losing, feeling better about my appearance, which helps with social anxiety and confidence, and gaining control over myself and how I deal with food which is invaluable so that’s what what matter right now. Life goes on whether or not I scrub the toilet, but it’ll go on happier when I’m not scared or ashamed for photos to be taken of me and posted without photoshop

Which.... had an acne thing. Ugh... used to have relatively bad acne in college, so always annoying and scary for me when I get a bad pimple or two. They say acne is part of the “detox” process which I don’t know if applies to me, or too much about cause skeptical as hell about detox stuff. I believe it to some extent, but I rarely believe things are as dramatic as people say, especially across the board applying to everyone equally. Gonna do a mud mask, that has been known to take care of it over night for me :)

#18 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:45 PM

Update 15
Hours in 90
Days in 3

Supps
- cayenne
- Iodine
- Horsetail
- d&k
- Electrolytes
- Potassium citrate

Half way to 180hrs
51.9kg/114.2lb
Waist: 23.5

2kg/4.4lb to go . I wasn’t previously thinking I would make it in 7 days, but it’s looking possible now

Thing on my to-do list. Re-learn how to format pretty for MPA, sorry my posts are just plain until then guys

Made a list of mantras today, maybe I’ll start sharing a few here and there :)

Organized my apps today, today I totally let them get out of control, it was embarrassing when people saw me go through my phone
Next...
- organize pics
- Sort out email
- Organize notes

#19 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:21 PM

Update 16
Hours in 96
Days in 4

I watched a video of me walking from the back in a sports bra and I just about lost my shit. I don’t hate myself from the front anymore (not desirable, but don’t hate it either) but from the back..... my upper body looks so fat I wanna cry. Just gonna get on the elliptical and let my sweat glands do the crying

Amazon brought me fasting goodies today:
- watermelon lime tea (which has been my fruity tea obsession this year, last year it was raspberry)
- Granulated stevia
- Electrolyte supplement (cause my tummy can’t take consuming each electrolyte separately anymore, need just one capsule)
- Horsetail

Today is a low energy day again, so lemon/lemongrass in my diffuser, green and yellow LEDs

#20 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:10 PM

Update 17
Hours in 102
Days in 4

I had my first breakdown since starting fasting a lot a month and a half ago. I made a mistake that my partner said he told me not to make and the tears just started oozing out of me. I’m so disappointed in myself, I have no energy, I feel nauseous, and I just need to cry for a little and lay on the floor while my partner fixes my mistake.

I’ll get through this though and continue on my fast. I honestly don’t think the mistake was fasting induced brain fog, I’ve made stupid mistakes before. The emotion surge isn’t uncharacteristic of me either, honestly fasting increases my mood if anything. During my period (which I should be on right now) I’m usually emotional so maybe that’s it

If anything I’ll view it as that I made a mistake and I don’t deserve to eat (which is not the strong and positive mindset I want and need for this fast, but I think it’s okay to use it as fuel for an hour or two so I don’t convince myself to eat)

I’ll be fine tomorrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users