what is the "healthiest" diet ever in your opinion? - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

what is the "healthiest" diet ever in your opinion?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 anoshrekxic

anoshrekxic

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationShrek's swamp

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:15 PM

I literally think about this 24/7. Like some people say paleo, Mediterranean, HCLF vegan etc. etc.

• veiled and RedStrawberry like this

hbmi:19

cbmi:17.7

lbmi:14.5

gbmi:<13.5

#2 RedStrawberry

RedStrawberry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:18 PM

mediterranean in my opinion seemed really nice and i might get into it when i reach my goal weight idk 

I will never be vegan tho, i dont eat a lot of meat but cheeses and milk and everything is like my obsession so no thanks

• scrawnyy, wildflowersforever, Justmyself and 1 other like this

Four to five hundred years ago, thinness was considered a sign of ill health - remember the female characters in Raphael and Rubens' brush.
Yes, and our great-grandmothers and great-grandfathers would say that only dogs throw themselves on the bones, God forgive me ...
But current beauties have feasted on Twiggy, Kate Moss and others like them, elevating thinness to the rank of undoubted benefits.
Now the man is painted not only with scars, but also with bruises filled in strategically important places on the girl's bone charms.

giphy.gif

#3 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕪𝕓𝕦𝕥𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕗𝕒𝕥

𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕪𝕓𝕦𝕥𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕗𝕒𝕥

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:23 PM

mediterranean in my opinion seemed really nice and i might get into it when i reach my goal weight idk

I will never be vegan tho, i dont eat a lot of meat but cheeses and milk and everything is like my obsession so no thanks

i’ve always questioned this but how does mediterranean work? like what do you eat?
  • RedStrawberry likes this

#4 RedStrawberry

RedStrawberry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:28 PM

i’ve always questioned this but how does mediterranean work? like what do you eat?

In a way it's cutting all the refined food and focusing on the intake of nourishing food such as vegetables, fruits. And also in the intake of good fat provided by olive oil, fish, nuts, or cheeses.

https://www.healthli...lan#sample-menu

• TinyCray, veiled, LazyLimbo and 2 others like this

Four to five hundred years ago, thinness was considered a sign of ill health - remember the female characters in Raphael and Rubens' brush.
Yes, and our great-grandmothers and great-grandfathers would say that only dogs throw themselves on the bones, God forgive me ...
But current beauties have feasted on Twiggy, Kate Moss and others like them, elevating thinness to the rank of undoubted benefits.
Now the man is painted not only with scars, but also with bruises filled in strategically important places on the girl's bone charms.

giphy.gif

#5 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4876 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:29 PM

probably eating like my specific ancestors would have. which would be a lot of local seafoods, local fresh fruits/veggies, etc. personally I think the most healthy diet is a balanced one and also eating habits are a part of this. so being able to detect when you're hungry and when you're full. 

• kitchenightmares, WallyWoofer, veiled and 5 others like this

MESSAGES ARE BROKEN PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE

#6 Choco_Bitch_612

Choco_Bitch_612

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9201 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:30 PM

really any diet that's balanced and allows you to meet your personal nutritional requirements everyday

• pastafreak, notslimkindashady and Beautifulstrggl like this
                                             tumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.gif                                                                                                        

H: 5'7.5 LW: 150 (2014) SW: 158 (2014)  HW: 216 (Dec. 2019..that's embarrassing) CW: 188.8

nU14Dpl.png                            

tenor.gif

I wouldn't say I'm mentally ill, but I wouldn't say I'm mentally well, either

Tumblrhttps://pastxlblues.tumblr.com/

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ednos.bitch/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ednospoison 

OMAD for June (Challenge)

Gw 1: 190 lbs (86 kg) BMI - 29.3

Gw 2: 180 lbs (82 kg) BMI - 27.8

Gw 3: 170 lbs (77 kg) BMI - 26.2

Gw 4: 160 lbs (73 kg) BMI - 24.7

Gw 5: 150 lbs (68 kg) BMI - 23.1

Gw 6: 140 lbs (64 kg) BMI - 21.6

Gw 7: 130 lbs (59 kg) BMI - 20.1

Gw 8: 120 lbs (54 kg) BMI - 18.5

UGW: 114 lbs(51 kg) BMI - 17.6 

MAINTAIN BETWEEN 107-114

tumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.gif 

Effy & Pandora 

Spoiler

Anime stuff

Spoiler

Korra stuff

Spoiler

Weight loss stuff

Spoiler

#7 jpi332

jpi332

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1107 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:32 PM

probably eating like my specific ancestors would have. which would be a lot of local seafoods, local fresh fruits/veggies, etc. personally I think the most healthy diet is a balanced one and also eating habits are a part of this. so being able to detect when you're hungry and when you're full. 

eating foods that your ancestors did always seemed cool to me, but I'd be living primarily off of fish and chips, potatoes, corned beef,  and tea. Is eating an ancestral diet supposed to have any health benefits specifically? 

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#8 kitn

kitn

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4876 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:46 PM

eating foods that your ancestors did always seemed cool to me, but I'd be living primarily off of fish and chips, potatoes, corned beef,  and tea. Is eating an ancestral diet supposed to have any health benefits specifically? 

maybe I'm thinking more about locally sourced produce rather than specific dietary staples or national/regional dishes. definitely think eating a wide variety of native produce is better for me personally as I find it easier to digest and also less anxiety-producing. I'm also thinking more pre-processed and pre-takeaway foods (or at least minimising its contribution to regular diet). no evidence to back up anything at all it's just my own experience! 

• kitchenightmares, mercurious and jpi332 like this

MESSAGES ARE BROKEN PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE

#9 mutt.

mutt.

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:45 PM

whatever your body reacts best to! what’s healthy for you could make someone else feel like shit. like, i have gallbladder issues, so i can’t have anything high fat. a handful of nuts would put me in immense amount of pain and bloating for a week while for others it’s a nice snack.

for me personally, it’s high protein (60-100g), high carb (100g+), and low/no fat. whole foods with no/small amounts of processed food. no or very little meat.

that’s just me though! i hate the idea that “one diet is the true healthy diet” like idk bodies are so much more complex than a one size fits all approach.
  • anoshrekxic and Quietus like this

#10 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSmoky Mountains

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:59 AM

I think something close to Mediterranean is great for maintenance, but not weight loss. For weight loss, it's low carb, high fat, but once the ideal weight is reached, it's all about healthy fats and local fruits and vegetables with minimal processed sugar and limited farmed land animals. That's just me.
  • veiled and Blackcoffee_xo like this

29F. Waitress. Dog mom.

Accountability

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jrby6zepkjfhcej3fp

#11 キラキラ

キラキラ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3253 posts
  • Location♪ I come from the Land Down Under ♪

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:36 AM

i'd agree that Mediterranean is pretty well rounded

EDNOS | AUSTRALIA | 24

OLD HABBITS DIE HARD

9ff791f72da0aa5919d9cc07bddee552.gif

#12 Haci

Haci

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:07 PM

I'm personally vegan but I think anything that includes a wide variety of unprocessed foods is really ideal.
  • shiju333, Iso, veiled and 4 others like this
tumblr_lzv4asKqlv1qbs47q.gif

Stats
5'8"
Vegan
SW: 140
GW1: 130
GW2: 120
GW3: 115

#13 Lentilsandbeans

Lentilsandbeans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:43 AM

I like Pollan's "diet". Eat food; not too much; mostly plants.

It's all about minimizing processed foods. When you're eating whole foods your hormones are able to work like they're supposed to.
  • Iso and ChocoholicCyclist like this

#14 annabbird

annabbird

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:46 AM

anything that’s closer to a natural diet. so no refined processed foods, no rancid oils, artificial ingredients, gmo ingredients, no pesticides, etc.

I think a balance of like 70-30 with Plant to Animal products ratio is a sweet spot at least for my body.

#15 seakissed

seakissed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5361 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:07 AM

I'm used to Mediterranean tbh. Always ate that way and also sounds like the healthiest one to me. Also vegan. 

#16 ANAtomist

ANAtomist

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2987 posts
  • LocationIn a mortuary next to an autopsy table OR climbing beyond octaves written by Rachmaninov and Paganini OR cracking the Da Vinci code

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:14 PM

K

o

s

h

e

r

[Updated: June, 2021] 168cm | 37kg | BMI = 13.1

PLEASE!! THIS IS MY PERSONAL PLEA: DON’T SAY THINGS LIKE “if your BMI is true you need to be hospitalised” or “if your signature is still accurate...” because A. yes? It’s still accurate? It says updated on JUNE 2021, which is like...literally what today is B. why would you think it’s not true? Why do I need to lie on an anonymous site? It’s exactly because I can’t talk about my ED IRL so I have to go online... I’m already struggling & hurting so much, just like how you are too. Imagine you having no support whatsoever, go online to find an outlet, only being questioned for your credibility about your stats and posts, how would you feel? C. yes it might seem low but my highest ever BMI was around 17, I’m premature and have multiple medical conditions that made me weight less/can’t eat much even prior my ED. So yea, 13 is not that bad compare to someone who got here from a much higher HW.

EDC: ANAtomist Da Vinci | Pancakes: ANAtomist van Beethoven

~ AN - r ~

#17 Rose wld

Rose wld

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 03:35 PM

K
o
s
h
e
r

Haha and plant based
  • ANAtomist likes this

#18 ANAtomist

ANAtomist

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2987 posts
  • LocationIn a mortuary next to an autopsy table OR climbing beyond octaves written by Rachmaninov and Paganini OR cracking the Da Vinci code

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:16 PM

Haha and plant based

Haha yes.

[Updated: June, 2021] 168cm | 37kg | BMI = 13.1

PLEASE!! THIS IS MY PERSONAL PLEA: DON’T SAY THINGS LIKE “if your BMI is true you need to be hospitalised” or “if your signature is still accurate...” because A. yes? It’s still accurate? It says updated on JUNE 2021, which is like...literally what today is B. why would you think it’s not true? Why do I need to lie on an anonymous site? It’s exactly because I can’t talk about my ED IRL so I have to go online... I’m already struggling & hurting so much, just like how you are too. Imagine you having no support whatsoever, go online to find an outlet, only being questioned for your credibility about your stats and posts, how would you feel? C. yes it might seem low but my highest ever BMI was around 17, I’m premature and have multiple medical conditions that made me weight less/can’t eat much even prior my ED. So yea, 13 is not that bad compare to someone who got here from a much higher HW.

EDC: ANAtomist Da Vinci | Pancakes: ANAtomist van Beethoven

~ AN - r ~

#19 EternalFurtive

EternalFurtive

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:06 PM

Japanese maybe. Although, I mean traditional diet, not the junk a lot of people are eating nowadays.

9c7b7555db6c03d50ab1e1d9501a608e.gif

#20 ifoundDory

ifoundDory

wildly inappropriate bore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:27 PM

In my opinion there is no one perfect diet. What matters is balance. I think the mediterranean diet is pretty great; things that cut out whole nutrient groups such as hclf or hflc are a no-no from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users