Low Heart Rate? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Low Heart Rate?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CathSleeps

CathSleeps

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:02 AM

Hi everyone! So I’m about 16.5 BMI last time I checked, and have been gradually increasing cals (up to 1200 now) and working out for 1-2 hours plus an hour walk 5-6 days a week. My resting heart rate is usually around 65-75 bpm, but yesterday it went down to 57ish, and 40 when I’m sleeping!! Is this due to exercise, or heart problems? I want to avoid seeing a dr if at all possible, but I’m so scared of dying in my sleep (for context, I’m supposed to move back home with my family next month, and I haven’t seen them in 10 months. Miss them like crazy and am so scared of dying before I even get there) any insight would be so so appreciated

#2 InsidetHM

InsidetHM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:47 AM

Everyone is different of course so I can only speak from my own experiences. But my heart rate was similar to yours. When my BMI was like 17 or something, my resting heart rate was around 50-60 bpm and when I slept it was 40-45 bpm according to my Fitbit watch. I over exercised. I would workout for 1 hour two times a day, do any kind of activity every time I was at the bathroom, make sure to get at least 15k steps a day, do yoga for about an hour a day and I wouldn’t allow myself to be still/sit down for more than an hour at a time. According to my doctor I was perfectly fine, even though he didn’t know about my ED since I have another condition that requires me to go to the hospital on a regular basis. He always said my heart rate was good but my blood pressure was low which caused some concern but not enough for him to look in to it. Basically what I want to say is that you shouldn’t worry because hopefully there is nothing wrong. But if you are concerned, the only thing you can do and should do is to go to a doctor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users